elmira78
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn technical issues here only

[Post New]by elmira78 on Jan 27, 13 8:08 PM
I'm sorry to say that none of the BFG responses so far address the issue that, according to many forum messages, uninstalling and reinstalling does NOT solve the inventory issues. BFG, please read ALL of the responses before posting your standard response that we uninstall and reinstall. In this case, the problem is with the game, and the solution needs to be a fix from the developers.

[Post New]by maggied45 on Jan 27, 13 8:20 PM
myetta1 wrote:Hi

In Chapter 2, when I went to put the tape on the electrical wires I could pick the tape up from the inventory but couldn't get it to go on the wires. Anybody else had this problem.

Lettie

I had the same exact problem - the tape disappeared when I tried to tape the wires. Then I uninstalled the game tor restart but it doesn't let me start from the beginning or sign in as a different player - it just takes me back to that spot and the tape is no longer there.

sackese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by sackese on Jan 28, 13 12:37 AM
Apart from everything others have said I had even worse issues with the game.

I played a little, and then exit the game. Next time I started the game, after hitting Play, the screen went black, with only the picture of the girl, the inventory outline and the help bubble visible. It didn't help to switch between windowed and full screen. The only option was to start a new profile. Later, the other way around happened, the inventory, the girl the hint went white. At least here it helped to jump back to the menu and into the game again.

And why all these reloading textures? almost all other games you can task-switch and the game just pauses, here each time the game has to reload this textures FOR TWO MINUTES!!!

[Post New]by angel4allanimals on Jan 28, 13 3:22 AM
LadyBastet wrote:I can't push the big red button in the elevator...am I doing something wrong?

LadyBastet...You have to make sure that you have the flashlight and have the battery in it so it's working and then go to the elevator and shine the flashlight above where you would enter back into the elevator. You will then have that puzzle to do first and when it's done..you can push the button in the elevator!! I had the same problem but..just figured it out...

scalad
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by scalad on Jan 28, 13 4:03 AM
I am having the "disappearing item" problem. But mine is to do with playing the board game with Abigail. I had the two pigs to play the game but now the pinkish one is missing. I am not going to restart the game from the beginning. IF I uninstall and reinstall, will I lose the progress in the game?

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Jan 28, 13 4:25 AM
Half done playing the game and my bullets are missing from the inventory. Are BF going to do anything about missing inventory items.

[Post New]by lesalesalalala on Jan 28, 13 4:53 AM
I played this game for probably a couple of hours when I got to chapter 6, It locked up. I got the message that the game "wasn't responding...either close program or wait for Windows to try to find a fix for the problem." I closed it then I got the same message for BFG Game Manager, I closed it out as well. When I restarted the game, there was a red error box on the screen saying, "Yikes! One or more profile files were found to be corrupted. Unfortunately, they had to be destroyed. " Yes, the frown face was actually there! Now there is no profile and it appears I would need to start the game from the beginning! I was on the last chapter so I am NOT happy about this! If there isn't a way to recover the profile and pick up where I left off, I think BFG should issue a refund! This is unacceptable!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 28, 13 5:13 AM
Heya Fishies,

We know exactly how frustrating it is to experience all these problems with a game and not being able to solve them.

If you have already tried the suggestions that have been provided in this thread, I would recommend that you get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They are currently investigating these issues and by sending them a message and providing them with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report, you'll give them the information they need.

After we can locate the source of these issues we can proceed to let the developer know so they can fix the current issues. So you see that your help will definitely speed up this process!

Thank you to everyone that has already contacted our support and to those that will still do so!

bfgBiwa

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 28, 13 5:17 AM
It's good to know that these issues are now being looked into.
Thank you for letting us know, bfgBiwa.

quizzly
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by quizzly on Jan 28, 13 5:40 AM
My inventory lost an item as well. This happened with the small number 11 button which is needed quite far into the game and that is what makes it so upsetting. The demo went deceptively smooth and the game in itself is captivating so you want to go ahead and proceed. Uninstalling did not help and who wants to start from the beginning?

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Jan 28, 13 5:44 AM
I am working with a CS tech and have done all the standard things I was told to do but nothing has helped. I think it is not us or our computers but the game itself. Does anyone know how to get to the Devs for this game directly so I can let them know their game has some real issues they need to fix. I want to let them know that it is not right to put out a game that does not work and then do nothing for such a long time. They are in this to make money but if they can not be bothered to fix their mistakes then the trust is gone and no one will want to take a chance on any future games they put out.

Tu22
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Tu22 on Jan 28, 13 8:07 AM
Played game demo w/no problems, liked it, so bought the game. After downloading, tried to play it, but it could never get past the loading page (NEVER loaded even one red streak...NOTHING)!!! Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Twas no help (same thing, would not load). Naturally tried all your suggested "fixes"...updating everything, but was told everything was current (nothing newer available). Truly REGRET wasting my game creds to buy a game I cannot even play! 2nd time this has happened over the many years I've been a loyal paying customer. Please offer a patch, or link to a patched game (if possible), or refund my game credits ASAP. Thank you.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Jan 28, 13 9:43 AM
Like the game but haven't finished the demo...however, due to all the tech errors I will not buy the game until I see the glitches are fixed. Thanks to all who have posted and saved some of us the headaches.

HoneyVegas
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by HoneyVegas on Jan 28, 13 9:45 AM
similar problems only my game won't load at all now and removed and re-installed but no luck - hopefully a fix or patch will be coming soon please??

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Jan 28, 13 11:11 AM
How do you know if the glitch is fixed. Will BF post it here.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 28, 13 11:13 AM
kjos wrote:How do you know if the glitch is fixed. Will BF post it here.
There will be a mod post to announce the new version and this thread will be locked.

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Jan 28, 13 11:21 AM
Thanks so much.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 28, 13 12:27 PM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in here to let you know that our team is working with the game developers to get everything resolved for you! It seems like there are a few different things going on, and that's making the process a bit more challenging.

We can definitely still use your Dr. Felix Reports to narrow down where the problem is coming from. If you haven't already done so, you can read more about how to send in those details to us in the post here.

And as soon as we have info about a fix, we'll be sure to let you know!

Thanks so much!!

bfgMonongahela

jimeezlady
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jimeezlady on Jan 28, 13 5:30 PM
bfgMonongahela wrote:Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in here to let you know that our team is working with the game developers to get everything resolved for you! It seems like there are a few different things going on, and that's making the process a bit more challenging.

We can definitely still use your <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688/kw/felix>Dr. Felix Reports</a> to narrow down where the problem is coming from. If you haven't already done so, you can read more about how to send in those details to us in the post <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>here</a>.

And as soon as we have info about a fix, we'll be sure to let you know!

Thanks so much!!

bfgMonongahela

Wonderful news! Thank-YOU!! Keeping my fingers crossed they get it fixed soon!

Edited on 01/28/2013 at 5:30:56 PM PST

[Post New]by blieder on Jan 28, 13 9:31 PM
cannot even open game ---all iget is flashing screen --checked everything on computer and all okay ---when problems r fixed hope you will offer the revised fixed version or let us know when the new version is available

Go to: