bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 11, 13 3:18 AM
Heya Fishies,

It really isn't nice to see that so many of you are still having problems with the game!

jdelbov - As Mr_Russ already mentioned, Demo versions of a game don't always last the the full hour, especially if you are an advanced player! in contrary to the 60-minutes trial versions where you can play the full hour of the game, many larger games have a Demo version that always end at a certain point in the game as you only download apart of the game.

Also, as mentioned before, if you have tried all the tips that we have posted here before and still experience problems with your game, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. If you send them a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report they will be able to investigate those issues for you.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 3:18:58 AM PST

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Re:Post any Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by RasmusB on Feb 11, 13 1:53 PM
I can't skip a minigame, which I think is checkers, or a smilar variant, eventhough i play on advanced. There's a skip button. But it doesn't seem to do anything. I also tried Casual to no avail. I have tried 1000 times to win, but it doesn't seem possible. It must be a technical problem.

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 1:54:32 PM PST

[Post New]by amwhise on Feb 11, 13 2:23 PM
I had no problems with downloading and no problems until I moved the wagon. Now the game minimizes itself about every 30 seconds. I've removed and reloaded it, removed my game manager and reloaded it as well. Now not only is that game still minimizing itself, all the games I've reloaded into the game manager are also doing this. I've never had this problem before. I've checked everything that's been suggested and can't figure out what to do now. Just wondering if anyone will be able to help me out on this. DXDiag is 11 & all updates are current. Thanks for any help that can be provided!!!

[Post New]by chargp on Feb 11, 13 8:25 PM
The rectangle comes u empty on the game. I am playing on a mac. I haven't gotten very far and already am having problems. The key to open the window is not where it is suppose to be. The pictures in the strategy guide don't help.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Feb 11, 13 8:26 PM
Well, you can add me to the list of those who cannot get back into the boat. I made sure that each scene that I went into, that I had checked every item that needed to be picked up prior to any actions. When I first went into the boat, I know I had picked up the fishing rod and another item, which I think was the valve. When I went back with the fish to open up the box, I once again checked the scene prior to placing the fish to make sure that I did not miss anything. So, the item either disappeared from the inventory or wouldn't let me pick it up the two or more times that I had gone into the scene.
Now, it looks like I either let the game sit and see if there is an update or replay the entire game. The thing that gets me is I had checked the Tech Issues prior to purchasing and it was filled with other issues that I wasn't having when playing the game. Of course, once I start playing the game and get almost to the end low and behold PROBLEM. I just hate it when you get so far into the game that your told you have to start all over again. It kind of takes the fun out of it since your replaying something so fresh in your memory to get to the point where the glitch occurs keeping your fingers crossed that the same thing doesn't occur a second time.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 12, 13 2:48 AM
Hi Fishies,

RasmusB and amwhise since it sounds like you've tried a few different things to get the game working, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team. They can hopefully figure out what's causing that so you can get back to gaming quickly. please contact CS and explain all the steps you've taken, please don't forget to mention in your email what steps you've taken so far.

chargp I suggest updating Adobe Flash and Shockwave. You can find some help on how to do so, in this help article here.

Poof11 I definitely understand that replaying a game still fresh in your memory takes the fun out of it and we want you to have fun playing your games. I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can look into that further. They will be able to investigate this issue in depth and offer you the best support.

Hopefully they can get you back playing soon!

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by cold_moldy on Feb 12, 13 2:53 AM
My game D/L for the trial was a little slow but not bad. Enjoyed the game and bought it. Then it took hours. Finally got to play and it is slow motiion now!!?? I uninstalled & reinstalled & it is still the same. Very frustrating..... tried a bunch of the other things recommended but no luck. I wish it had been like this in the trial and I wouldn't have bought it. Too bad I didn't read all these problems before hand too. I hope their is a fix for it. Thought it was a fun game. I tried a couple more recommended fixed and updated just about everthing...it worked finished the game and am playing the bonus chapter tonight. Thanks!

Edited on 02/14/2013 at 9:57:18 PM PST

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 12, 13 2:57 AM
Hi cold_moldy,

I'm sorry for this disappointing surprise.

If you already checked these basic troubleshooting steps here but it did not help, please contact our Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be please to help you and make sure to investigate exactly what's happening.

Good luck!

bfgTokoro

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Feb 12, 13 4:17 AM
Jofer wrote:Well, I'll add my two cents as well - same boat access problem as so many others are having. I've sent a Dr Felix report in to tech support but I refuse to start the game over until they fix this error. Knowing me I'll just forget by the time I get to that point and do it again! So I'm off to do something else until the game is fixed - darnit, I guess I have to pay attention to Real Life for awhile now.

Add me to the long list of people unable to access the boat again. I need the valve for the safe and it is in the boat that cannot be accessed again.

This is the 6th chapter and for a collectors game we should be able to be know that BFG will ask Elephant Game to give us a patch for the game. I do not want to ask for a refund but if worse comes to worse and there is no patch I will do so.

I never restart games and it is sad because I really was enjoying this and rated it 5 stars in the review. In the review I also said Elephant Games are always glitch free but now I wish I could edit that part.

Please Elephant Games give us a fix for this. How would we know the order to pick up items unless we read the SG guide step by step? This is not acceptable. All my drivers are up to date and it has nothing to do with the download. I do not want to start another profile. Please fix this ASAP

Another Member took the words right out of my mouth because I also know I took everything from the boat. I always do. When there is more than 1 person complaining about the same thing, you know there is a bug in the programming somewhere.

Edited on 02/12/2013 at 4:21:31 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 12, 13 6:19 AM
Hi Sherryah,

I totally understand how frustrating this must be for you and I am sorry for the disappointment this glitch has caused.

Unfortunately, the Moderation Team are very limited as to the type of technical support we can offer on the Forums. Hence, the best way for us to get a sense of the issue and provide some support that will benefit all and not just some Fishies, is to have as much information as possible filtered through to our Tech Support Team.

This allows the Team to find the root cause of the issue and the more information we have on it, the quicker we can get to resolving the problem.

I know it can be frustrating to wait but I assure you that we do appreciate your help with these types of issues and this really is the best way of arriving at a conclusive resolution.

As always, the Moderation Team will always update the game Forum as soon as we have some news.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgBaikal

liz3010
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by liz3010 on Feb 12, 13 5:31 PM
cami1203 wrote:I'm playing on a PC and have never had any previous technical issues before, but this game is moving along way to slowly, the cursor is very difficult to target the area you want to click, and things open and move very jerky and slowly...I erased it and redownloaded, but still having problems...the whole game acts kind of jerky. What's up with that and and am I the only one having this issue? Someone let me know something...it's driving me crazy!

liz3010
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by liz3010 on Feb 12, 13 5:35 PM
My game is jerky and in slow motion also. Uninstalled and reinstalled and same problem.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 13, 13 3:00 AM
Heya liz3010, welcome to the Pond!

I'm sorry to hear that your game is running so badly .

If you haven't tried it yet you could also have a look at the steps here to make sure that all the software that is necessary to play the game is up-to-date. Outdated software is often the source of problems with a game as your computer is more likely to have problems to display everything properly.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Feb 13, 13 7:35 PM
Slow download speeds for customers....?
....I would say it's time for some of these game distributors to distribute a little bit of their MEGA$PROFITS and upgrade their servers.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Feb 15, 13 6:53 AM
Pity this game doesn't work. Seems to be the norm for BF now.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 15, 13 10:47 AM
Hey there KathyGriggs and Carole22759,

I'm so sorry to hear about those issues. How frustrating!

While troubleshooting is limited here in the Forums, I would definitely recommend getting in touch with Tech Support about this. They have the resources to check and see what may be causing those slow download speeds and other issues.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left. Please be sure to include a Dr. Felix as well, as this will help them pinpoint possible issues.

Thanks and I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by flargas on Feb 15, 13 7:13 PM
In the first HOS scene, no bell is showing up, so I can't get it done. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but that hasn't helped. Neither has starting a new game.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 16, 13 3:06 AM
Hi flargas,

Thanks for trying many things to solve this issue. We really want to help you playing your game so it would be great if you could send a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report to our Tech Support. One of our Rep will look into some information about the system set up and offer you the best troubleshooting.

Best of luck!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 02/16/2013 at 3:07:30 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 17, 13 8:16 AM
Bought this yesterday and so far every time I get one of the cards, the game freezes and have to use ctrl-alt-del to get out of it. Brings up an access violation message too. I've assumed the version I downloaded is the updated one.

Honestly there have been so many games lately that just lock up or crash that I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth downloading any more. I did get Enchantia and that played flawlessly but even games from devs that have played perfectly in the past are freezing or crashing.

And please don't ask me to uninstall and re-install them; I have a monthly download limit which will run out if I have to keep doing that.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Feb 17, 13 5:59 PM
Love the part of Demo I played and was trying to decide if to get BOGO But:
Just as soon as I turned Medusa to stone I got access violation Ox30225AC4, tried to write to Ox30225AC4 terminated or something

Edited Feb 19;
After reading quite a few error posts I deleted and reinstalled like I usually do when there are game buggies and it took me right back to where the error happened and let me replay the scene successfully I am a very happy fishey now ..
Now with the last 2 hours of your wonderful Presidents Day Sale I GOT IT !!! along with "9;The Darkside of Notre Dame"

P.S.Love the sale but budget won't allow more Hard decision choosing which 2 CE's to get :/ !

Edited on 02/18/2013 at 10:54:22 PM PST

Go to: