mrbroadway1
Flounder
Flounder
2,168 Posts

Re:Post any Shadows: Price for Our Sins technical issues here only

[Post New]by mrbroadway1 on Feb 21, 13 8:05 PM
Hey everyone!

Count me on on the blank screen when she enters the house and everybody dissapears. I get sound and subtitles but no picture. Once the scene is over, no problems. It's really annoying as that's the scene that sets up the entire storyline. I see that others who have played the game have had other cut scenes go blank screen so it's obviously a glitch in the game. I'm glad I saw this before I bought the game. Otherwise, I would have been really upset.

Well, I'm off to shoot off an email to tech support to give them my report.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Feb 22, 13 12:55 AM
I found 2 bugs in the game. I did not have any problems at all with the black screen that many people have reported here. These are the 2 problems I had.

First, with the HOS in the basement, I found everything but the feather, so I used the Hint and the Hint was wrong. It kept pointing to a spot above the table in the upper left, but the feather was not there. I thought maybe this was one of those bugs where a HO is not in the scene and you can't complete it. Fortunately, that was not the case. If people found the feather on their own, they would not encounter this bug. I persevered and found the feather on my own and completed the HOS. The bug is that the Hint for the feather was wrong.

Spoiler Alert:

If you can't find the feather in the HOS in the basement, the Hint is wrong. Click on a loose wood panel in the wall in the upper left above the table, a few inches to the left of where the Hint directs you. Then the wood panel will move and the feather will be exposed for you to click on.

END OF SPOILER ALERT:

The second bug I found was with the wine bottles puzzle in the basement. I simply couldn't figure it out, so I hit the Skip Button. After I did that, it brings you back to one of the opening scenes in front of the house where you have to pick up the jack-o-lantern. Fortunately, my progress was not lost and I still had everything in my inventory. I could go back to the basement and pick up where I left off with the wine bottles puzzle. The point is the Skip Button doesn't work in that puzzle. It brings you to the front of the house and the puzzle is still not solved.

Also, it was not a bug, but it was strange that at the beginning of the game, the voiceovers were in Russian with English subtitles.

And that's the name of that tune.

ansisera
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by ansisera on Feb 22, 13 6:02 AM
I just applied my game credit to this game and now, I cannot load the game.

Aside from getting the "Error: Access violation at 0x005F7B63 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.", I get a message that says "----Questman init cluster error".

Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Twice.
Yes, I've rebooted my computer. Three times.
Yes, my drivers are all up to date.
Yes, all utility software is up to date.
Yes, I've already sent the Dr. Felix file to tech support. They will most likely tell me to do one of the 4 things I've already done.

I would rather have my game credit back so I can apply it to a game that works.

Edited on 02/22/2013 at 6:04:01 AM PST

[Post New]by Halfcreek_6 on Feb 22, 13 8:03 AM
I also experienced the black cutscene, but continued with the game anyway. I like the game, however I also am missing inventory, and can do nothing further, accorfing to the map. Pity, I WAS enjoying it.

gnewburn
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by gnewburn on Feb 22, 13 9:33 AM
will there be a notification ...when this game is fixed?...

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 22, 13 10:35 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Thanks for posting all of those issues you're experiencing in the game!

gnewburn: If a fix is released for the game you can always check back here in the Forums in the recent updates thread, or you'll be notified in the Game Manager.

For those of you with black screens or missing inventory items please check that you have the latestvideo card driver for your system. Having that as up-to-date as possible can help with those issues.

If that Access Violation message is still showing up feel free to check out this help article here for some great tips and tricks.

If the game is buggy, or is still not working properly one of our Tech Support Reps will be happy to help with further suggestions and troubleshooting steps. To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Feb 22, 13 5:28 PM
I have trouble with the hint button. When I hit it, nothing shows. Not a big help.

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Feb 22, 13 5:36 PM
P.S. to my reply. I got an error message(the triangle with a ! in it) stating that the file was corrupt on this game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 23, 13 4:32 AM
Hi 1unicorn,

Gosh I am sorry to see that you have had these issues.

If the problem was only with the hint button some basic troubleshooting could help but given that error message you received, I would encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can provide advice for these problems, or at the very least, ensure that you are not left with a game you cannot enjoy.

When contacting Support, if you have the time it would be really great if you could run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Thank you for working with us.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/23/2013 at 4:33:02 AM PST

ansisera
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by ansisera on Feb 23, 13 6:34 AM
ansisera wrote:I just applied my game credit to this game and now, I cannot load the game.

Aside from getting the "Error: Access violation at 0x005F7B63 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.", I get a message that says "----Questman init cluster error".

Yes, I've already sent the Dr. Felix file to tech support. They will most likely tell me to do one of the 4 things I've already done.

You all have nothing to say about the problems this game is wreaking?

All of the suggestions you've offered so far, I've done.
I would like to have my game credit back so that I can apply it to a game that works.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 23, 13 7:11 AM
Hi ansisera,

We really appreciate you taking the time to try all those suggestions and I am sorry that despite your best efforts, you are still having issues - that must be really frustrating for you.

Please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can provide further advice, or at the very least, ensure that you are not left with game you cannot enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and hoping this is sorted out for you soon.

bfgBaikal

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Feb 23, 13 7:46 AM
Surprised there has never been an updated game posted. or a walkthru. Seems to have been a very rushed job.

Edited on 02/23/2013 at 7:47:50 AM PST

bsbagwell
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by bsbagwell on Feb 24, 13 8:20 AM
ansisera wrote:
ansisera wrote:I just applied my game credit to this game and now, I cannot load the game.

You all have nothing to say about the problems this game is wreaking?

All of the suggestions you've offered so far, I've done.
I would like to have my game credit back so that I can apply it to a game that works.
thank you for posting this, I could not have said it any better! Saved me from having to type the same thing you did!!!

Edited on 02/24/2013 at 8:24:48 AM PST

bsbagwell
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by bsbagwell on Feb 24, 13 8:23 AM
I'm going to try one more time to uninstall and reinstall. Same issues as the others. There is a problem and I've done everything from all the posts here to try and fix it. Don't like spending two days on one game. I've even run my virus, c cleaner, updates, everything! One more try and I'll be asking for a refund or a swap, never had to do that but I guess there is a first time for everything! I agree, rushed on this job! NOT WORKING! How many posts does it take Big Fish!

Glitch with dart board?

[Post New]by nightshift21 on Feb 26, 13 1:26 AM
Got to the dart board in the bakery, placed my darts on it but then they disappeared. Map shows nothing to do, hints not helping, tried re-installing to no avail help please.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 26, 13 2:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry I don't have better news but our best advice is still to contact our Tech Support with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report, so we can continue collecting information on this and send it on to the developer, in the hopes of a fix.

Also, the Team can also provide some alternative solutions such as replacing the game if you understandably, would prefer to play another.

I assure you that as soon as we have any news we will swim in to update and would like to thank you all for working with us - we know this is disappointing but we really appreciate your help.

Thanks again,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by ahuman on Feb 26, 13 11:04 AM
I am using a Samsung laptop with windows 7.

Stuck on hidden object scene after the rose/anvil gate where you need to look for a xylophone. I put the pieces in place, after which it did not register that I found it. I can not get further without being able to finish that hidden object scene. (The pieces that were replaced disappeared and I can not click on the xylophone at all anymore) (Across from what appears to be venus fly trap plants)

JennieGee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by JennieGee on Feb 26, 13 4:38 PM
I too had an issue with the dreaded black screen during cut scenes. I reinstalled the game which seemed to fix the problem right up until the last cut scene. Very disappointing, if there is one cut scene you want to see it is the last one!

This game had the potential to be a 5 star game which isn't something that just any game can pull off but there were so many little errors, buggy spots and inconsistencies that I was really distracted by these issues and found I couldn't just relax and enjoy the game. I kept waiting for the next problem to crop up. It certainly seems like this game was rushed through with little or no beta testing.

Sad really, and so easily fixed that it is hard to overlook.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 27, 13 1:53 AM
Hi Fishies,

With issues such as those apparent in this game, it is always best to contact our Tech Support Team, as this will allow them to collect information that they can draw upon to reach a resolution.

As mentioned if you can include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report we would be most grateful for that.

We really appreciate your assistance on this and rest assured that your feedback regarding these errors is also being noted.

Thanks again,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/27/2013 at 1:53:46 AM PST

magfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by magfan on Feb 27, 13 9:58 PM
I noticed that most of the video files for the game (in the /resources/video subfolder) are .ogv files that VLC media player should be able to play. The intro video had both sound and video, and played correctly both in the game and in VLC. But the later video of the girl entering the house and her friends being abducted had video but no sound when played in VLC -- and when I was playing the game, this same video had sound with a black screen.

So the cut scenes are not identical throughout the game. I don't know whether these later cut scenes are made up of two files that are supposed to play together (one for video and one for sound), or whether they are made using a different codec package or whether they're prone to getting damaged somehow, but I hope the problem can be fixed.

Go to: