Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:Feedback with Blam! Games

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 14, 13 11:30 PM
CelticCoco
Thank you for notes, we appreciate it.

saphhire
Ok, we'll working on "fuzzy", thank you!

CathyCatfish
Thank you for your post! We'll pay special attention hardcore level in our future projects.

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 14, 13 11:37 PM
Hi, minesita!
Thank you for nice words!
Have fun in Bonus Chapter!

Hello, rainworm!
Thank you! Your review inspire us for the future games!

_misschrissi_
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by _misschrissi_ on Mar 15, 13 1:31 AM
Hello from Scotland, Blamdev! As others have said, it's great to see someone from the developers being really active in the game forum and taking a genuine interest! Obviously the old saying "you can't please all the people all the time" applies, because certain things that some people do like will be the thing that other people don't like; however, I'm sure you will get some helpful ideas here!

I just finished playing the demo of this game, and as soon as I've finished typing this post I'll be buying the full version. I could tell by the great reviews that this was going to be a great game, and I wasn't disappointed. By the time I was 5 minutes into the demo I knew I wanted to buy it!

For me, the best word I can use to describe the game is "sumptuous". All the little things, and attention to detail, gives the game a real quality feel. The graphics are lovely and the sound is great (although sometimes it sounds like two pieces of music are playing over each other - no matter, I can turn that down!!). The "hidden" items are truly very well hidden, and I doubt I'll find them all - but it will really slow down my game playing if I have to work hard to find each of them (that's a good thing, by the way!).

Congratulations on creating such a great game with collectibles, achievements, and a jump map that highlights active areas - fantastic! I heard another dev argue that it makes the game too easy and quick, but I disagree. We, the game player, can choose whether to use the jump map or not, and I tend to refer to it when I get a little bit stuck. Keep up the good work, and we look forward to your future games!!!!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 15, 13 1:43 AM
Hello, _misschrissi! It so cool that Scotland's players loved our game!
Big thanks for your post!!!

Edited on 03/15/2013 at 1:44:11 AM PST

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Mar 15, 13 2:16 AM
There's only one thing I've found wrong so far. In the hippodrome, you put the cart before the horse! ;v)
LOL
Sorry, couldn't resist! ;v)

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Mar 15, 13 4:39 AM
Just wanted to pop in today and give big thanks to BlamDev for your help yesterday.Spoiler was great tip and duh don't know how i missed that one .

Thanks again

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 15, 13 5:57 AM
Althena533
Thank you for comments

gamblebug
Your welcome! We glad to help you!

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Mar 15, 13 1:47 PM
Thank you , and Devs. Really enjoyed the game.

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Mar 15, 13 4:45 PM
Hi BlamDev,
Just popped by to let you know that I thought this was one of the "Better Games" this year so far. I loved every minute of it and am going to play again. But where are the "Screensavers"? Great Game. Looking forward to your next one.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 15, 13 6:01 PM
I also dislike the "dumbing" down of games. I went into the house and there was an easy puzzle to open the shield door. Too easy. And then I realized that there was no puzzle at all, the outlines of the pieces I needed were right there! Why would you put such a stupid easy non-puzzle in? How dumb do you think I am that I can't figure out 4 pieces without being shown the exact outline? Why bother? I'm not wasting my time or money on a game with puzzles a two year old could do. If you want to do easy puzzles then do a kid's game, but in a game with murder and dehydrated bodies I expect an actual puzzle. Sorry, you lost a sale here. Maybe next time.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 16, 13 12:04 AM
Hi Blam! Thank you so much for a quality gaming experience. I enjoyed it so much I didn't even finish my demo before I decided to buy!

LOVE the map - being able to zoom immediately to another location makes game play so much more fun! And I love that you could turn off the hints on the map! I believe you may be the first dev on here that actually listened to customers and included that! Wow! You are a true pioneer!

Sure some of the mini-games were very simple, but some were satisfyingly challenging - and no slider puzzles! I, for one, am incredibly grateful for that! I surprisingly found it enjoyable collecting the >scents<, as I didn't think I would like that aspect. I did not find all of the >symbols<so I guess I'll have to go back and play again!

The only complaint I can come up with is that there was one hidden object scene where I was asked to find a >map, but the actual object in the scene turned out to be a stack of playing cards.< That bummed me out a bit, since I was trying really hard not to use a hint so I could get the achievement.

Thanks again Blam!! Keep up the great work!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Mar 16, 13 2:05 PM
Hi Blam! Just finished the entire game and it was excellent. One thing I did not like was the journal continuously pulsing when there was a new entry, which was very annoying to see in my peripheral vision. I had to open it to get it to stop. Perhaps you could pulse the journal when there's a new entry just for a few moments and then have it stop. But overall, a very well-done game and really hope to see more from you guys!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 17, 13 11:25 PM
schobey
Thank you!

Hi, elijah5!
About Screensavers - we didn't include this content in this project, sorry! But you can find a lot of another content in CE version. Thank you for your opinion!

shagwendy
Thank you for post!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 17, 13 11:31 PM
Hi, WilJul!
About the map - according to our customers review, we included this option in our games. All review from our players is important to us. Thank you for the nice words!

Hi, emmyjayne!
Thank you for the comment! About the journal - we'll try to implement this in our future games.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 18, 13 1:52 PM
Bravo Bravo Encore Encore

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 18, 13 11:13 PM
Old_Man_River
Tnahk you for your applause!

Freya06
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Freya06 on Mar 20, 13 2:50 PM
I loved this game; I didn't find nearly enough fleur-de-lis so I'll probably play it again later but I loved finding the scents and creating them. I'll look for more of your games!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Mar 20, 13 11:47 PM
Freya06
Thank you for nice words!

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Mar 25, 13 8:34 AM
Can't wait for another Blam game similar to "European Mystery-Scent of Desire"! I am loving every second of this game! To me, when you get so emersed in the fun and challenge (not to mention the relaxation) of a game, that speaks volumes!
Thanks!

kklohr1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by kklohr1 on Apr 23, 13 8:05 PM
Great game Blam! Time flew by quickly when playing, yet it didn't seem too short. Nice atmospherics and gameplay. The puzzles were a bit on the easy side, but that's okay.

This is not a complaint as such, but why didn't you show in the strategy guide where the hidden fluer-de-lis can be found in each area that has one, since it's one of the achievements? In fact I didn't know about it until after I played the whole game, plus the bonus chapter, and then checked the achievements. I saw the occasional red "x", but I had no idea what that was for.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I look forward to your next effort!!

Go to: