bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches Technical Issues

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 22, 13 4:25 PM
Hi pfalcioni,

I know it can be frustrating when a game you want to play isn't working like it should. Because each problem may have a unique cause, we like to recommend troubleshooting steps that have helped other players before, but I totally understand if they don't work in some circumstances. When that happens, we always recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team. The reason for this is that they are able to gather more information about the issue and then escalate it to the proper teams to investigate.

I do hope we can get that working for you quickly so you can get back to enjoying the game!

bfgSeine

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on Mar 22, 13 10:45 PM
govols2 wrote:MzShel, if that is the one to clear 3 ravens I don't think they show up until you build the seed shack. When seed is produced a raven will land on it and then you clear it away. You have to do that 3 times.
Thanks, but I'd built everything and upgraded them all completely and still no ravens. I've uninstalled, deleted all files, rebooted, re-installed until I'm blue in the face and still no ravens.
Very buggy game and very frustrating.

[Post New]by pc8027pc on Mar 23, 13 3:34 AM
I too am so disappointed in this game, I have lagging and freezing. I did all the updates and tried to contact customer service NO ONE has responded. I even tried this game on a different computer....same problem. I think we should have our money refunded!!!

[Post New]by Wendowlene on Mar 23, 13 4:11 AM
It's not working properly for me either - cursor is constantly sticking so it's impossible to finish levels in the time given!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 23, 13 10:59 AM
Hey there Fishies and welcome to the Pond Wendowlene!

MzShel: Since those steps haven't helped please reach out to Tech Support listing the steps you've already tried and they'll do their best to get the game running properly.

pc8027pc and Wendowlene: I would recommend checking for any video card driver updates which can help with those lagging, freezing and cursor issues. (Just click on the blue text.)

Please also be sure to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Thanks and I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

ttwnldy
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by ttwnldy on Mar 23, 13 1:05 PM
Clairebs wrote:It played fine until level 28. When I tried to upgrade seed shack (2nd upgrade I think) the worker just stayed there hammering. I couldn't pick up seeds or shoot the raven. The rest of the game seemed to run fine around it but I couldn't progress without the seeds.

I am having similar problem with level 28. The hunter runs in place after the first time used then you can't do anything on the island he is on.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Mar 23, 13 2:01 PM
Because each problem may have a unique cause, we like to recommend troubleshooting steps that have helped other players before, but I totally understand if they don't work in some circumstances. When that happens, we always recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team.

This game has programming issues.

There is nothing any of us can do to our individual computer settings to fix the problems of lag and jumpy cursor.

Contacting the support team will not help. It did not help when I purchased this game from a different source, who refused to fix it and is now just ignoring customer's pleas for help.

I was excited when Rakes to Riches showed up at BFG because I felt that the issues must have been fixed because BFG wouldn't offer a game with so many well-documented problems. I have always felt that BFG is head and shoulders above other casual game companies, you always have the highest quality games, and when there are problems, you quickly respond and fix them. Unfortunately, it seems I was wrong. You are doing exactly the same thing as the other casual game company, and simply pawning off and ignoring problems that are obviously the fault of the game itself.

This is the first time I've ever seen BFG offer a game with a history of KNOWN problems, then try to ignore and pawn off the issues on customer computer settings. I am very disappointed.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 23, 13 2:17 PM
Hi pfalcioni,

By reporting these issues to our Tech Support Team it not only allows them to look into each unique issue, but it also allows them to gather information in order to forward it on to teams involved in finding a solution to the problem as well as the developer should that be needed. Without reporting these issues directly to our Tech Support Team, we have no way of tracking data for the problems that players are reporting. When a number of players are experiencing the same types of problems, we certainly don't intend to make it seem like it's the player's computer at fault, but we do need to gather as much information as possible in order to effectively troubleshoot and determine the cause.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Alexis_Rinaldi on Mar 23, 13 4:03 PM
First of all, I want to say that I'm thankful it's not just ME who is having difficulties with this game. I played the first couple of rounds and thought YES! BFG has finally released a TM game that I can enjoy! Once I bought it and started playing in the higher levels I began having difficulties and came to the technical forum to find out if it was just me. And it's not! So many customers are complaining and all I've seen from the moderators is to talk to the tech people; uninstall/re-install; check your video card...

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem with BFG not doing anything except apologizing? Please, BFG, get something done to help your customers with the technical issues this game is having or you are going to find quite a few unhappy people finding other game sites to spend money on.

I'm sorry if this appears rude or demanding, but truly, what can you expect when all we hear from the moderators are apologies and "contact Technical Support".

Well guess what guys... we ARE contacting Technical Support through this forum so please please please make this right! It appears to be a lovely game.

[Post New]by LibelleRotts on Mar 23, 13 10:25 PM
Hi guys,

Add me to the floating/lagging cursor issue. It is NOT my computer, driver/hardware...it's this game. I had NO problems during demo, and the first 10-12 levels after buying.

I also have a new one; when I finish a level, my earned money does not accumulate so I am never able to buy anything to upgrade the villa. This did not start till around level 20, so I have some upgrades. When I go into 'villa' mode, my balance only reflects my previous level's final. FRUSTRATING!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 24, 13 4:08 AM
Heya Fishies,

Alexis_Rinaldi - Welcome to the Pond! I can definitely understand how disappointing it must be for you that your long-awaited Time Management game is having problems. Unfortunately we Moderators are very limited as to what we can suggest via the Forums as we do not have the necessary information at hand to give steps for every individual system, which is why we are limited to the information that is available via our help articles. Please keep in mind that while we definitely take note of the problems you post here, our tech support can't investigate these issues through the Forums.

By contacting our Tech Support Team they will be able to have a closer look at all the issues that are being reported here and also have an individual look at the problem that is appearing on your computer. This combination let's us determine where an error that many people is is coming from so we can forward it to the developers to get it solved.

LibelleRotts - It sounds like some of the files for your game are a bit mixed up. uninstalling and reinstalling the game might already help to solve this issue as it will get all files for the game back in place.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by nellyandjohnny on Mar 24, 13 11:44 AM
lilpollyesther wrote:Nice little game that I would buy, except the cursor floats, the game lags and stutters, so it would be impossible to get any where near the time limits for gold. Very frustrating...too bad.
Me too! So disappointed as the game had great potential (although maybe a bit too long but at least you get your money's worth- it it will work for you). About half way through each chapter my cursor began to float all over the place, the characters stuttered everywhere and in some places the animal hunter got jammed and wouldn't move from the spot. I also tried to pick up materials and just got the 'yellow ring' when this shouldn't have been the case. Burglars were impossible to click on at times because of the characters juddering/stuttering. So frustrating. Didn't want to give up but the final chapters I couldn't bear it anymore!!

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Mar 24, 13 12:43 PM
I too am very disappointed. I did try before I bought but only got lag and floaty cursor once I had bought the game (I did not advance very far during the trial hour). The thieves are impossible to catch now and I too cannot pick up materials although I ought to be able to.

There is nothing wrong with my computer and everything is up-to-date.

[Post New]by Anna11111 on Mar 24, 13 2:44 PM
Have BFG done anything about this game yet? It looks from the threads that short of telling everyone to reload the game and update drivers no action is being taken.
Can I have a refund for this game if issues are not being solved?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 24, 13 5:05 PM
Hi Anna11111,

Our team here is working on figuring out what's causing these issues, and then we'll start working with the developer to get them addressed.

If you haven't already done so, please write in to our Tech Support Team and let them know what you're experiencing. The info they can collect from you will help us see if there are any trends or differences among operating systems or configurations. You can read more about how to send those details over in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Mar 25, 13 9:19 AM
Totally agree with Mildewwolf. Same cursor lag problems & characters getting stuck in a loop. Like Mildew, the game became virtually unplayable at level 29. Hoping there is a fix soon as it's a cute little game--but otherwise will ask for a refund. Not sure why the developers released this with such obvious problems

[Post New]by nobdyuno on Mar 25, 13 9:38 AM
Chapter 26 - says to "Chase away the Ravens" but there aren't any ravens to chase away. Is there anyone else experiencing this? I tried customer support, but they were no help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times, but to no avail.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Mar 25, 13 12:04 PM
I think there should be groups of ravens, but also 2 or 3 individual ravens once you get rid of the groups. These individual ravens also need to be chased away - once they land somewhere you can click on them.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Mar 25, 13 12:56 PM
Flying ravens are attracted to seed, so if you have seed packages, let them lie for a while and a raven will land next to it. Then you can chase it.

[Post New]by kitharris11 on Mar 25, 13 10:26 PM
Level 23, The guy who is supposed to chase the ravens away, gets stuck on either island running constantly and doesn't respond to the raven task elsewhere. Restarted the level and same thing happens.
Was having some waverying, unresponsive cursor action when running the game for over a half hour or more.
Frustrating. Any clues? Windows 7 system.

Go to: