dunkfl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by dunkfl on Jun 6, 13 9:51 AM
I am having EXACTLY the same problem in the art room, my system is upgraded, I tried the obvious fixes (uninstall, etc) to no avail. Very frustrating!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 7, 13 3:31 AM
Hi dunkfl,

I am sorry to hear that, I totally understand that this must be really frustrating for you!

As you have already checked for updates, I would encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

This will allow them to make specific suggestions and provide a much more personalized response than we can provide via the Forums.

I am sure they will get to the bottom of this for you - best of luck though!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by paulalively on Jun 8, 13 7:37 AM
Freezing on the SNOWFLAKE in the tower -- 2 days now. I'm in the Seek section. Up to now I've really really enjoyed this game. I love just playing the HO's off and on.

When will this be fixed?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 9, 13 6:27 AM
really bfg...why is this game even still for sale, and why havent you demanded a patch yet, this is way too long..

[Post New]by TerriA92021 on Jun 9, 13 10:06 AM
Can we at least get an estimate of when this will be fixed? I'd like to know if I'll ever be able to finish the game or if I should get a refund.

[Post New]by darkkdawn on Jun 9, 13 1:22 PM
Every time I make it to the art room where trying to unlock the box freezes up my computer and I have to force a shut down .I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and everything is up to date. I love this game and hope it gets fixed soon as uninstalling and reinstalling is not working. Thanks Big Fish for I trust you will fix the problem.

dd1406tt
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dd1406tt on Jun 10, 13 9:36 AM
I am having the same problem as Patskarma and many others. (in the art room).
I tried Alfrescos solution several times but it did not work for me. I too am all up to date with everything as I have been in intact with tech support several times in the last few weeks for other problems. Did not contact then on this game yet as I'm sure others have. If we don't get a fix soon then I'll ask for a free game.

Oh joy!!!

Saw that a new version was released so uninstalled and reinstalled but same error occurred. Wonder if I have to start all over. Yuk!

Edited on 06/10/2013 at 4:55:14 PM PST

GlennMcC
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by GlennMcC on Jun 10, 13 4:44 PM
I installed the NEW version today and still have the same Access Violation crash in the Art Room when trying to access the box. This is NOT fixed!!!

jimeezlady
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jimeezlady on Jun 11, 13 8:26 AM
/smacks self on head... Stuck in the art room with everyone else. WHY didn't I check here before downloading... *sigh*

[Post New]by tanglewitch on Jun 11, 13 9:39 AM
Noticed there was an update to this game so uninstalled old - installed new.....still freezes in the Art Hall at the desk. Can't the developers fix this?

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jun 11, 13 5:38 PM
Uninstalled old version, installed the updated version, used a new profile, Art Room is still messed up.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 12, 13 4:21 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thank you all for taking the time to let us know about these persistent issues.

We are working with the developer on resolving these however, as the recent update for this game does not seem to be working for everyone, I would encourage you to contact or continue working with, our Tech Support Team as they can offer much more advice than we can and can also explore some alternatives with you.

I appreciate this is disappointing Fishies but thank you all for working with us on this.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/12/2013 at 7:02:52 AM PST

GlennMcC
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by GlennMcC on Jun 13, 13 12:00 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

Thank you all for taking the time to let us know about these persistent issues.

We are working with the developer on resolving these however, as the recent <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/249462.page">update for this game</a> does not seem to be working for everyone, I would encourage you to contact or continue working with, our <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support Team</a> as they can offer much more advice than we can and can also explore some alternatives with you.

I appreciate this is disappointing Fishies but thank you all for working with us on this.

bfgBaikal

Contacting Big Fish Tech Support does no good when it is a development issue. Like others, I installed the new version and played with a new profile, only to find that I still get an Access Violation in the Art Room. Big Fish Tech told me that it must be my PC since only a few others mentioned having this problem. I do not believe that to be the case.

Edited on 06/13/2013 at 12:01:11 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 13, 13 2:37 PM
Hi GlennMcC,

I'm sorry to hear that you're continuing to run into problems with the game. Part of the reason we recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team is so that we can gather specific information about the problem in order to pass it along to the developer in the event that a fix is needed. We're also able to offer additional troubleshooting steps after looking at more detailed information that will hopefully help get the game running.

Hopefully we can get that working for you quickly!

bfgSeine

GlennMcC
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by GlennMcC on Jun 13, 13 4:37 PM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi GlennMcC,

I'm sorry to hear that you're continuing to run into problems with the game. Part of the reason we recommend getting in touch with our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support Team</a> is so that we can gather specific information about the problem in order to pass it along to the developer in the event that a fix is needed. We're also able to offer additional troubleshooting steps after looking at more detailed information that will hopefully help get the game running.

Hopefully we can get that working for you quickly!

bfgSeine

I have been working with Andy in Tech Support on this.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Jun 16, 13 10:34 AM
I d/l the updated version and it still freezes my pc in diff. locations. I have to ctl/alt/del to get out, went back in, freeze again. This is most upsetting and I want so much to play it. Can the devs. look into it again? I don't know what else to do.

nascatpat
Clownfish
Clownfish
749 Posts

[Post New]by nascatpat on Jun 17, 13 3:25 PM
KowboyKrazi wrote:Really got into this game...BUT...thought I'd dodged a bullet until visiting the kitchen in the Spirit Find part of the game, used a hint for shovel and the whole game crashed....three times. I'm not about to lose my computer like some others have, and yes, my computer is up to date, drivers and all. I would think that with the copious amount of freeze/crash problems Big Fish would work on an expedient fix so members can enjoy the game they purchased without risk of blowing up our computers.

Seems like quite a few of us have spent dollars++ over time, and should be able to play our games without glitches like this.

So relieved to read that I'm not the only one who couldn't find the shovel, asked for a hint and my whole system froze!! Surely, a rebuild of the rebuild is on the way?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 18, 13 5:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

Unfortunately, the Forum is not very suited to specific troubleshooting, so if issues are persisting for you after installing the new build, I would encourage you contact Tech Support attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report and specify that you are looking for help with access violation messages.

This Team will be glad to troubleshoot this further for you and this will also allow us to collect information we can forward on to the developer if needed.

I hope this is helpful and wishing you both the best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Jun 18, 13 6:26 PM
Game has frozen three times now. Yes, all my software is updated. Task manager does work for me, but I cannot continue game because it's the same scene that is freezing.

[Post New]by unknown69 on Jun 24, 13 8:13 PM
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/496/l88.png

The game keeps crashing whenever I try to look in this table, didn't used to do so before, its happening now after I obtainined the missing piece for the mechanism.

Also in sprint mode it keept crashing at the tower everytime I got to the hint for the (nonexistent?) snowflake.

Go to: