Candle_Light
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by Candle_Light on Feb 14, 14 12:48 AM
I really really wish I had known that an update on Jan 24 2014 was gonna make the game unplayable... because I never would have wasted my time....

Just sayin

 

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by history_buff on Feb 14, 14 3:03 PM
/once your machine is told that there is an update, you can't play the game until you get the update. I tried that and it would not let me play until the update was installed. I wish that they would fix this. I really like this game and want to play again. It would be nice if they would give an update on the fix though...

 

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by Natcando on Mar 1, 14 3:36 AM
Can anyone tell me why my hens have stopped laying eggs and my sheep have stopped growing wool? I have upgrade their pens and water and food troughs. Sold and repurchased them thinking they were worn out...but nothing!
So I have spent all this time building the dam Textile Factory and now have no wool for make clothes!!! Help!

 
mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Mar 1, 14 5:31 AM
Natcando wrote:Can anyone tell me why my hens have stopped laying eggs and my sheep have stopped growing wool? I have upgrade their pens and water and food troughs. Sold and repurchased them thinking they were worn out...but nothing!
So I have spent all this time building the dam Textile Factory and now have no wool for make clothes!!! Help!


There is a bug in this release that cause animals to become "invisible". You have an invisible sheep standing in the stall waiting to be sheared. Click where you normally would to harvest the sheep. You should see a check mark. Grandma will shear the invisible sheep and the others will come to be sheared. The "invisible" sheep will appear somewhere on the screen and walk back to the pen. Same thing for the hens, just click on the nest.

 

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by opalangel on Mar 2, 14 7:54 AM
Can someone tell me how to expand my pens??? I looked all over this forum but its hard to find things you need. Anyway, I am at point I need a new white sheep. I have 2 brown ones already. But it wants me to expand or build another?? I cannot figure out how. One person said to use the little house at bottom but mine does not have the pens in it,like they said. ?? I'm at a lose here. Thanks anyone.

 
mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Mar 2, 14 9:33 AM
opalangel wrote:Can someone tell me how to expand my pens??? I looked all over this forum but its hard to find things you need. Anyway, I am at point I need a new white sheep. I have 2 brown ones already. But it wants me to expand or build another?? I cannot figure out how. One person said to use the little house at bottom but mine does not have the pens in it,like they said. ?? I'm at a lose here. Thanks anyone.


Click in the center of the pen being careful not to select an animal. The window that opens has four tabs. The first is where you purchase your animals Second and third allow you to increase the size of the water and feed troughs. The last allows you to upgrade the pen to hold more animals. The pen will still be the same size.

 

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by MSELMOJ1 on Mar 5, 14 6:59 PM
To add another pen click on the grocery cart in the bottom right corner. Then click on the house at the top of the box. You can select a pen from there to build.

 

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by michaels_num1 on Mar 8, 14 8:25 PM
What are the gold keys for that you get from cupid? I know that the arrows can be used to get gifts and extras... but haven't found a use for the golden keys.

 

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by W0lfDreamer on Mar 13, 14 10:32 PM
Leave the game running when you go to bed and, until they update and remove cupid and arrows, you will have a screen full of arrows to collect which will give you about 100-150 arrows to exchange with cupid for bonus stuff.

 
nuttynuts
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by nuttynuts on Mar 22, 14 2:59 AM
After the updates my game files became corrupt, so I ditched the old game on my laptop and started a new one on my desktop, where it is working fine now. I have new tips for the earlier levels of the game:

In early levels what you need most is energy and silver coins. The best way to get energy is from butterflies. Click on all the butterflies, go to the Main Menu and come back and the butterflies multiply. Keep doing this 5-6 times or more if you have the patience and soon you will have lots of energy. When you run out keep doing this and you will never have to worry about energy until you get the diner.

For silver coins, the best way is to plant carrots as much as you can and sell them. Have as many land patches as you can for this. Later turnips are also a good source of income, until you get the lake and keep breeding/selling the red fish. The fish is the easiest because you don't need energy to "plant" them. Make sure you have two lakes for this.

....


 
nuttynuts
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by nuttynuts on Mar 22, 14 3:06 AM
continued...

Definitely use the 16 gold/4 hour unlimited energy option at least twice if not more - this is very helpful on earlier levels so I suggest you use your gold for this first. During this 4 hours have the hubby keep pumping water as much as you can (at least 3000 water) and have Jen keep planting the fastest growing crops - especially cabbage, potatoes and cucumbers - you need lots of these later anyway. When I planted potatoes and cucumbers during the 4 hour unlimited times, I also watered and hoed them so that they come out faster and you get extra blue jars and experience points for watering and hoeing as well.

I always use gold to buy off demands that involve planting single crops with gold, and also demands for large number of bakery goods that consume 10 or more sacks of flour. Other than that I used my gold for learning all the school lessons for everyone, and for updates. After all this I still have more than 300 gold left.

As for the animals, I have one bird pen, one cow pen and 3 sheep pens, which takes care of all my needs so you don't need more. In the bird pen I have 2 chickens, one of each of the other three, and that is more than enough. To get the "breeding birds" awards, I kept selling and buying them back instead of building a second pen, which is much more costly and time consuming. in the sheep pens I have a total of 7 black, 4 white sheep and one goat, which keeps me comfortable for demands like pants or sweaters. Don't ever sell any of your wool but you can sell turkey, goose and ostrich eggs and the goat milk.

Now with cupid you can leave the game running when you are away and when you come back collect all the arrows. I get the biggest gift box with the arrows because that gives the most gold coins. These gifts also contain silver and energy so keep your game running at all times and collect as much as arrows when you are in need.

Apparently the keys are for treasure chests that are going to be introduced in a later update so hold on in case a working update comes along.

have fun!

 
Clairebs
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by Clairebs on Mar 31, 14 12:23 PM
Try to resist completing challenges with gold because they'll run out by lvl 30 or so and then the game gets really boring. Just started again and playing through properly this time to see if all the challenges will be enough to hold my interest to lvl 55. The other thing i would like is to say is to ****, Why are we slowed down so much after lvl 30? You have a winner game and a lot of people who like to play. Please keep us playing.

 
game_watcher
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by game_watcher on Apr 14, 14 6:36 AM
The game was going to have so many problems and was going to not let me play again because of the access violation. Three month waiting and apologies only . No refunds for the defective software.

Edited on 04/14/2014 at 4:53:21 PM PST


 
qtpi1203
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by qtpi1203 on Apr 15, 14 6:36 AM
You don't HAVE to water plants if you want to save energy. Watering only speeds up time until harvest.

 
game_watcher
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by game_watcher on Apr 24, 14 10:08 AM
HOW ABOUT FIXING THE ACCESS VIOLATION BUG THAT HAS KEPT PLAYER OUT FOR MORE THAN THREE MONTHS. INSTEAD OF LURING NEW PLAYERS. FIX IT OR REFUND THE MONEY!!!!!

bfgBiwa wrote:Heya everyone ,

As this thread is really informative especially for newer players I'll go ahead and stickie it so it is easy to find .

Enjoy!

bfgBiwa

 

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by Mufasa1 on May 13, 14 8:55 AM
I've been scanning posts, but couldn't find an answer to a question that I had. Apologize in advance if it's already been posted...

How do I get to other locations on the map? I saw someone had posted that we need less than 5 quests, so I spent gold to get rid of quests -- only have 3 left to complete, but still cannot access other locations. I always get a message that I have too many quests on the farm.

I do have several people with quests waiting to be picked up, but am avoiding clicking on them so that I don't add to my list of quests. Husband is finishing building a pond so maybe he needs to be done before I can move on to another location?

Thanks!

 
mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on May 13, 14 7:31 PM
Mufasa1 wrote:I've been scanning posts, but couldn't find an answer to a question that I had. Apologize in advance if it's already been posted...

How do I get to other locations on the map? I saw someone had posted that we need less than 5 quests, so I spent gold to get rid of quests -- only have 3 left to complete, but still cannot access other locations. I always get a message that I have too many quests on the farm.

I do have several people with quests waiting to be picked up, but am avoiding clicking on them so that I don't add to my list of quests. Husband is finishing building a pond so maybe he needs to be done before I can move on to another location?

Thanks!


The fewer than 5 quests rule applied to the old release. If you have the Valentine release, you need fewer than 10 quests. That includes all the of the quests you have accepted (in the list on the left) plus any people with light bulbs. You may not be able to get to the map until the mid-20's levels. BTW, the map just contains more quests, not additional farms or space, so it isn't necessary to rush to get there.

 

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by Mufasa1 on May 14, 14 1:23 AM
mellowfuzz wrote:
Mufasa1 wrote:I've been scanning posts, but couldn't find an answer to a question that I had. Apologize in advance if it's already been posted...

How do I get to other locations on the map? I saw someone had posted that we need less than 5 quests, so I spent gold to get rid of quests -- only have 3 left to complete, but still cannot access other locations. I always get a message that I have too many quests on the farm.

I do have several people with quests waiting to be picked up, but am avoiding clicking on them so that I don't add to my list of quests. Husband is finishing building a pond so maybe he needs to be done before I can move on to another location?

Thanks!


The fewer than 5 quests rule applied to the old release. If you have the Valentine release, you need fewer than 10 quests. That includes all the of the quests you have accepted (in the list on the left) plus any people with light bulbs. You may not be able to get to the map until the mid-20's levels. BTW, the map just contains more quests, not additional farms or space, so it isn't necessary to rush to get there.


Thanks! Actually I am on level 32 and having a lot of fun with the Valentine's edition. I count 9 quests including the light bulbs and the list on the left that I accepted, but still too many quests, it says. I'll see if 8 or 7 will do it. It's good to know that it will only result in more quests...I'll concentrate on building up my farm, learning, etc. instead. Thanks again!

 
kcelf27
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by kcelf27 on Jun 11, 14 3:11 PM
Let me add/correct some of the things from the following poster.............

azenalyn wrote:Husband- came after I did the tomato quest. He will get water but will not tend to plants.

crops- sweet peppers are a fast way to earn coins.

Taxes- at some point you will need to pay taxes. You have to earn money from that point. You cannot use what is already in the bank.

Windmill- do not bother. the mole does not harm but in fact gives you lots of stuff and blue jars when you click on him. Click him often.

Schoolhouse - After built, click on it and you can choose type of degree (kind of an
upgrade to skills). Once chosen, time will pass then a light bulb appears above building. Click on it and the person will walk there to get their degree.

Water pump - the 3rd upgrade pump has to be bought by gold coins. no other choice.

Canning factory - grow apples but to make juice had to use gold coins, no other choice that I could see.

Lastly, I did what I said I would not do. I used real money and bought coins. LOL
bought 4 hrs unlimited, gold, and silver coins. Planted, harvested and built like crazy. Got lots of blue jars and collectibles that can be sold. It seemed there were more butterflies with blue jars. It's great fun but I can see you could spend a lot of money because the game is SO addictive. Be very careful fishies!! Happy playing.






.................... the water pump for 3 and 4 buckets of water... the first version costs gold.. but then in a couple levels you can get the same size pump for coins. Then you level to get the 4 bucket pump first costs gold, then in a couple levels you can get it for coin.

.................... the apple juice thing.. (if you have the canary factory) each juice box costs 10 apples and 45 min to make.. no gold necessary. Unless you want to speed up the making of one box or simply pay gold to skip/finish the whole quest.

................... if you feel you can spend 4 or 10 hrs and just play your little heart out, I recommend spending a 'few' ish gold and get the 'unlimited energy' and then just plant like crazy and collect as much stone and tree stumps as you can (not with the mining or tree chopping) Also pumping water is good if you have wife busy planting you can make hubby pump water at the same time. I personally have over 150 plots so sometimes planting takes a while or weeding.

I hope these few tips help

 
kcelf27
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I STARTED

[Post New]by kcelf27 on Jun 11, 14 5:39 PM
...........I play on my PC.. though BFG (obviously) and have had NO errors OR problems..... aside from the game being FREE TO PLAY...... so I'm not sure what this player is referring to........

game_watcher wrote:HOW ABOUT FIXING THE ACCESS VIOLATION BUG THAT HAS KEPT PLAYER OUT FOR MORE THAN THREE MONTHS. INSTEAD OF LURING NEW PLAYERS. FIX IT OR REFUND THE MONEY!!!!!

bfgBiwa wrote:Heya everyone ,

As this thread is really informative especially for newer players I'll go ahead and stickie it so it is easy to find .

Enjoy!

bfgBiwa

 
 
 
 
Go to: