Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by svassos on Jul 4, 13 8:06 PM
How many times do I have to play the train station in Chapter 2 before the quest shows as completed? I have played it 27 times, and all the vials are full but when I go back to the mansion up pops the "NEW" quest button again! Also, I can't seem to earn enough juju to get to the voodoo puzzle, any suggestions?

[Post New]by Dingy1too on Jul 4, 13 8:10 PM
Thanks to the team for the recent changes. I have finally been able to play the game today. I still have to force restart several times to reconnect after sync errors and after every scene play. Also still unable to scroll down to my oldest neighbors and gift/visit them. Plus the leaderboards only shows my scores.

Definately better and I look forward to continued progress.

Thanks!

Gamingmama
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Gamingmama on Jul 5, 13 6:19 AM
I am so glad things are fixed. However I am still having issues. I currently have 17,400 juju so you know it has refilled a few times but I can not get past the Seeing Double Gypsy stage. I have played this through two fill ups of juju. I am getting mad because the juju is a lot of hard word to get. Am I not playing right? All my vials are full. How do I get to the next stage. Please help me!!

Zaphire69
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Zaphire69 on Jul 5, 13 6:23 AM
Will uninstalling the game and reinstalling it lose all my progress. The game currently crashes upon launching. This just started last night.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 5, 13 7:13 AM
Hi guys!

I wanted to let you know that while improvements have been made to how the game loads up and operates, I know that during peak playing times, things can still go a little haywire. Just to confirm that there is nothing you can do to help, these problems definitely need to be addressed on our end.

We are still working on improvements and just to assure anyone with questions about lost items, once the game loads up for you correctly, you should see your correct totals of gold, silver and JuJu at this time.

The leaderboards are also being worked on too but to be honest, they are not a top priority as improving functionality is what we are currently striving for. We will address this issue as well but just to emphasize that getting you all back to playing your game without these issues, is the most important thing for us.

svassos and Gamingmama - I wanted to share the fact that when the game loads up for me correctly, I am not having any problems opening new scenes so I hope that I can offer some insight on this.

As you approach the required JuJu level that will unlock a new scene, the uppermost quest to the right should be offering this new scene to you even before you reach the require amount of JuJu. If you open that task and click Go Now you should be notified if you do not have enough JuJu while being advised what you need vs what you currently have.

Of course if you game is not showing correct totals for you, it is understandable that these scenes will not open but hopefully, once you are back up and running, this will no longer be an issue.

Finally, just to mention that it is a good idea to sync up your game with Facebook if you can as this is a way of backing up your progress. We do have your progress saved here but this is an extra measure that we would encourage you all to take advantage of.

Hoping this helps and again, I can't express how much we appreciate you patience and co-operation; thank you all!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/05/2013 at 7:15:32 AM PST

[Post New]by Gjamamama on Jul 5, 13 8:55 AM
Hi,

I bought the circus tent and it doesn't seem to be paying out. I never see a coin floating above as I do with my fortune teller tents and small house. I got on the forums and searched around and discovered that I need to check in often...that the silver doesn't accumulate when I'm not there. I do check in often, but yesterday I was on there all day and still never saw a silver coin. Am I missing something?

This is a great game!

G

Zaphire69
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Zaphire69 on Jul 5, 13 9:51 AM
bfgBaikal can you tell me if the crashing of the app is something that your addressing on your end or do I need to uninstall and reinstall the game?

[Post New]by aeliren on Jul 5, 13 9:55 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:
Finally, just to mention that it is a good idea to sync up your game with Facebook if you can as this is a way of backing up your progress. We do have your progress saved here but this is an extra measure that we would encourage you all to take advantage of.
bfgBaikal

I would love to do it, but I have already linked another DM profile to Facebook and then, thinking it would help with the errors, I have created another one, which now is the more developed one I want to keep. But I cannot link this new one, as it says, there is another user already linked. Is there any way to unlink the old profile and link the new one? I tried to figure it out, but can't find any solution

Other than that, thank you for your effort to fix the game, because it's really great (even if my JuJu is still dropping like crazy and I have to summon one of the walkers over and over again every time I enter the game or play a puzzle, so I'm stuck and not able to reach the level of 14550 and unlock the next chapter;p).

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 5, 13 1:14 PM
Hello Gjamamama, Zaphire69 and aeliren

While we have been improving the gaming experience, there are still some areas that we are working through.

Gjamamama, I would suggest closing out of all of your apps, then completely shutting off your device, and then restarting it. We've seen several instances where completely restarting the mobile device will fix similar issues. If that's still not working after that, I would definitely recommend contacting our dedicated Mobile Support Team, so they can take a closer look.

Zaphire69, I wouldn't recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your game right now, unless is it synced to your Facebook account. Doing that could possibly cause your saved game data to be lost. Before doing that, like Gjamamama, I would suggest closing down all of your apps, and shutting off the device completely, then restarting it.

aeliren you mentioned that you started a second game. From what I'm seeing, it looks like there isn't a way to start a second game unless it's on a separate device. Is that how this was able to work? There is a way to log out of your Facebook account from the options button (on the right-hand side of the screen, above the skull). However, I'm not certain if doing this will allow you to sync your Facebook with a different game. I would definitely suggest contacting our Mobile Support Team so they can do some investigating with this information (as this seems to be relatively new scenario).

Thank you again for your understanding and sticking with us through all of this. I have no doubt this game is worth the wait!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by aeliren on Jul 5, 13 2:19 PM
Hello Deveron

Thank you for your reply.

Well, that's really weird then. Looks like somehow I was able to start a new game on the same device by reinstalling it, wow. But the old one synced with Facebook didn't disappear, of course and it doesn't allow me to sync another. And you're right - I did log out (and tried all possible stuff) and still, it won't allow me to log in with the new one. So it probably behaves as it should: one person=one account. But I would really prefer to keep the second one

So, I will contact the Support Team, maybe we will be able to fix it

Because the game certainly is worth it, it's just too much fun, plus the creepy southern atmosphere - love it

Thank you very much for the advice and keep up the good work

[Post New]by Tysonsnanni on Jul 5, 13 3:41 PM
Soooo...bfgBaikal said "We do have your progress saved here". If this is the case, and i can't restore my game from Facebook, how would we go about restoring from your servers?

Don't tell me to put in a ticket, because I have, and they weren't able to help at all. I've been unable to connect to my game for over 2 weeks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rosemary

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 6, 13 7:11 AM
Hi Tysonsnanni,

I am so sorry that you have not been able to retrieve your game.

I would love to be able to do more to help but without having a look at what is going on I am limited as to what I can do and if the folks in Support have already advised that nothing can be done, I really can't improve on that.

My best suggestion would be to reply to that open ticket and ask again as perhaps the improvements we have made to this game over the last few days will have changed something.

I can't promise anything but they will be glad to take a second look.

Thank you and I sincerely hope you have some success.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/06/2013 at 12:09:34 PM PST

Gamingmama
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Gamingmama on Jul 6, 13 10:58 AM
130703-001527 is my incident number. I first wanted to say thanks for fixing a good bit of my troubles. However I have filled my juju up 3 times and I am still stuck with the same task. It is not giving me new ones. My daughters account is working fine. She created hers about 2 days after mine. I am scared that if I keep playing I will fill up my vials and need it later to finish a task or I will purchase to the max and later need it to finish a task. So I have disconnected from FB and have started all over. Many hours worth of work down he drain. Days of saving down the drain and so on. I wish this would get fixed. I am unable to receive new task for whatever reason.

I am not a newbie. My new castle name is Secret Circle. My old one is CarpenterCastle. I will keep them both in hopes that my CarpenterCastle gets fixed. I miss that one. I have done everything I can to try and fix it. But after 4 days of communicating with BF and still having the same task, well it is just frustrating. So I will be a newbie.

[Post New]by whenitrayns on Jul 6, 13 4:53 PM
My game seems to be stuck on two objectives in chapter 1. The place a "Southern Gentleman Walker" and "Collect 4 Ectoplasm Vials in Chapter 1" objectives. I have completed them and yet they keep popping up as "NEW" every time I leave the mansion. When they pop back up as "NEW" I click on them, go through the part where it tells me what the objective is, and then it goes to the screen with the name of the objective with the green check letting me know it's complete. Is there any way to fix this? I am on an ipad 2.

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 6, 13 8:41 PM
July 6, afternoon+evening+night Dutch time I haven't been able to play at all.
Game crashes after just a few taps. Then I can't enter anymore.
Force close: no help
Device restart: no help
Load game from FB in stead if enter: no help, game is back but without quests on the left of my screen
Reinstall game: game is back including quests, but after 2 taps it crashes again.

Are there server issues, or do I have a problem?

Edit: no other apps were opened.

Edit: July 7, the whole Sunday morning I spend with attempts to get my game open and play. Still no luck, my game is unplayable, it crashes all the time as soon as I'm inn and tap 2 things, sometimes I get my game opened but without any quests, and most of the times I can't open the game at all. The game sometimes starts to a default game spontaneaus ("Then I loose my game and have to connect FB").
Connecting with FB sometimes works, sometimes not. All this attempts I tried in combination with reinstalling from the appstore.
The best moment this whole morning, is that I managed to play 1 round, to claim the silver and juju rewards on my home screen from attractions and walkers and I summoned the cave. That great play moment was just 1 time, all other times it crashed almost directly or I couldn't get in my game as descriped above.
It's definately no problem with my device, because I already had my game installed on the ipad of my husband too (connected to the same FB account and the same GC/Apple account), and since the crashes happen the same problems happen on the other Ipad.
I now don't have a clue what to do anymore. It's also definately not a traffic jam on your server, because this Dutch morning the VS-Canadian players were asleep.
Are we all playing on more then 1 server, and am I connected to a server which is instable at the moment? What is going on? Please help me.

Edited on 07/07/2013 at 3:50:27 AM PST

[Post New]by AshCash504 on Jul 6, 13 10:39 PM
I expand my property about 3-4 days ago and it wouldn't let me summon it the first day. I was finally able to summon it after a few times on day 2 and was able to buy some things and place on the expansion property. After that 1 time, it has returned to glowing with the summon button over it but when I press it nothing happens. I cannot expand anymore as it gives me a message that I have 0 silver and 0 gold after I press the buy button. I have tried closing all of my apps and restarting my device but I am still experiencing this problem. I have really enjoyed tis game thus far and would hate having to start over. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Jul 7, 13 5:49 AM
I've been playing enthusiastically for about a week now (and spent actual $ that I hope haven't been lost!). There have been several minor glitches, like all the counts resetting to zero, expanded property temporarily going wild again, and quest counts resetting to zero, but most of them either resolved with a restart or were no big deal. I don't know if I can't actually add neighbors, or if my friends are just apathetic. Still, no big complaint until last night.

I try to log in. I go through big fish, brand name screen, game name screen, then the manor backdrop scrolls in. Welcome back Elinu, and then the enter button glows and the ghost ladies appear. I hit enter, and it crashes. I get through exactly this sequence every time. I have made sure the game shuts down - as it shows as active in the token bar. I have shut down and restarted my iPad a few times. Nothing but entro, enter, crash, for about 18 hours now.

Any advice? Another known issue? One of the servers down? Please let me know - I have been unloading my walkers and attractions every few hours, and I'm itchy to get back to them.

Thanks!

Andrea (game center name Elinu)

Zaphire69
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Zaphire69 on Jul 7, 13 8:29 AM
I am having the very exact same issue of the game crashing at that spot. I tried restarting iPad as was suggested earlier in this thread but that didn't help. I'm reluctant to reinstall the game and potentially lose my progress. I also emailed the support team about this, but its a long weekend for them. I hope they find a fix for this as its been three days now since I could play and I was about to clear my greenhouse.

[Post New]by Tysonsnanni on Jul 7, 13 8:53 AM
Oh LAmour...so sorry you're having the same problems with the game that I am. I can't connect to my game at all through Facebook any more. I used to be able to if I had a newly installed DM and a rebooted iPad, but now when I try I just get booted out. Then a forced closed or reboot won't even open the game at all. I have to uninstall and reinstall to get it to open to a new game. Trying to connect to Facebook is damaging something in the game...darned if I know what though!
I miss my creepy garden, but with all these continuing issues, I hesitate to start a new game.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 7, 13 2:15 PM
Hi everyone,

It sounds like a few of you are encountering crashing problems with the game, and hopefully we can get that fixed for you quickly. That may be the result of some mixed up saved data, but so we can take a closer look at the problem, I do recommend getting in touch with our Mobile Support Team. They'll be able to provide more information about that and offer troubleshooting steps.

Hopefully we'll have you back to gaming in no time!

bfgSeine

Go to: