DRACULA 3 - - - YEAH !!!

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

Re:DRACULA 3 - - - YEAH !!!

[Post New]by Playful61 on Mar 12, 09 9:22 AM
Grandmure wrote:I've been here for a few months, but this my first posting. All of your notes have been very helpful in selecting my next game purchases. Would someone give their opinion on whether the Syberia or Dracula series is better? Also does anyone reccommend Nancy Drew, and if so which are the best? It's so hard to tell from the little videos. Thanks in advance.[/quot

Hello; I find all these games fascinating. some of the Nancy Drew games have mini games that are frustrating to play - especially if your reflexes are 'aging'

I absolutely love the Syberia series and you don't have to be a genius to figure out the puzzles

Walkthroughs are always helpful, especially the first time you play these type of games.

If you dislike gore, the Syberia series is much more enjoyable than Dracula. And, Dracula is fun if not taken too seriously but, not for the faint of heart nor the average youngster without supervision.

Nancy is always fun to play with, but more complicated than other games.

And that's my opinion!

Jobo34
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Jobo34 on Mar 12, 09 9:50 AM
hi fishes! just wondering, do those of you who have played "Origin" recommend playing it first before playing "3"?

[Post New]by cdelight on Mar 12, 09 9:53 AM
I am having trouble with going back to Arnos room without blowing up. The other part of the string is missing and when I put the tumbtack in by the door and use the knife I still blow up. I need help.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Mar 12, 09 11:58 AM
Jobo34 wrote:hi fishes! just wondering, do those of you who have played "Origin" recommend playing it first before playing "3"?

As they aren't connected, then no (see my post on page 1).

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Mar 12, 09 12:26 PM
Jobo34 wrote:hi fishes! just wondering, do those of you who have played "Origin" recommend playing it first before playing "3"?

I second purplerabbit's opinion. The games are completely unrelated, so it doesn't matter.

This game follows Dracula: Resurrection and Dracula: The Last Sanctuary (neither of which has); however, there's not a whole lot of connection there either. Resurrection takes place after the events of the novel, and the Last Sanctuary is an immediate sequel to Resurrection. However, it is NOT necessary to play them to follow the story of The Path of the Dragon.

They are great games, though, and I recommend playing them if you can find copies.

K

[Post New]by southernbells6 on Mar 12, 09 11:34 PM
As I said earlier I'm in need of help. I'm in the temple room and trying to do the blue pentagram. But i'm stuck there I can't get the knife out of the inventory square to hold on the blue light to drew the pentagram. HELP please. I know I'm doing something wrong. Love the game and it didn't take forever to download.

Gatorau
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Gatorau on Mar 13, 09 1:42 PM
You need to read the Blue Pentagram thread in these forums to help you get past that task.

This is one of the best games I have purchased from .

Edited on 03/13/2009 at 1:43:45 PM PST

FireOpal
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by FireOpal on Mar 14, 09 12:22 PM
Yeah I really liked this game too. The detail and the graphics were awesome, and it's just spooky enough. I liked the historical and scientific aspects to the game - made it less fantasy and more realistic. I hope they get the other 2 in this series here - but space it out so I have credits! I liked Origins as well, btw.

dolly1944
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by dolly1944 on Mar 14, 09 8:04 PM
I don't know what l'm doing wrong but l can't get past where you have to follow the blue dots found on the prison floor can anyone tell me what l'm doing wrong?

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Mar 15, 09 9:14 AM
For those of you who have to wait long periods to download large file games....why not do like I do, and start the download just before you retire at night and then when you get up the next morning, it will all be done. Or before you go to work.

Trying to get priest to go to sleep

[Post New]by withert1 on Mar 17, 09 3:26 AM
gadget56 wrote:For the life of me I can not seem to get the priest to sleep, can any one help? There is no forum for this game yet.

Hi just make him go to the door lock it and it cuts to the sleep scene any more help let me know. (hope it works)

[Post New]by withert1 on Mar 17, 09 3:28 AM
southernbells6 wrote:As I said earlier I'm in need of help. I'm in the temple room and trying to do the blue pentagram. But i'm stuck there I can't get the knife out of the inventory square to hold on the blue light to drew the pentagram. HELP please. I know I'm doing something wrong. Love the game and it didn't take forever to download.

Hi you have to hold down the mouse and draw, follow the blue light with your mouse. hope it helps

[Post New]by dunrite on Mar 18, 09 12:36 PM
I too am having trouble with the pentagram. I get jerky motion which makes it impossible to follow the line.The jerky stuff is only on this particular sub screen, any ideas?

[Post New]by GRANDPA1950 on Mar 18, 09 12:57 PM
Grandmure wrote:I've been here for a few months, but this my first posting. All of your notes have been very helpful in selecting my next game purchases. Would someone give their opinion on whether the Syberia or Dracula series is better? Also does anyone reccommend Nancy Drew, and if so which are the best? It's so hard to tell from the little videos. Thanks in advance.

[Post New]by southernbells6 on Mar 21, 09 5:43 PM
finailly got the petagram done took awhile was working with laptop and it was hard to hold and draw at the same time but got it and jumped a mile when that face popped up. Don't want to finish dracula too soon. Any suggestions on another good game would be of interest.

[Post New]by southernbells6 on Mar 24, 09 2:53 AM
Well I did it finished dracula 3, like about 10 minutes ago. And killed the priest about a dozen times. It's nice that u can redo the mistakes. Open to any suggestions on another good game to follow up with. Dracula 3 was great. Enjoyed every minute of it. If anyone is just starting the game, I think you should get the walkthrough it really helps. But you still can get stuck in places. Enjoy the everyone.

Edited on 03/24/2009 at 2:54:20 AM PST

[Post New]by southernbells6 on Mar 26, 09 2:16 AM
dolly1944 wrote:I don't know what l'm doing wrong but l can't get past where you have to follow the blue dots found on the prison floor can anyone tell me what l'm doing wrong?

[Post New]by southernbells6 on Mar 26, 09 2:18 AM
dolly what i did was wait a few seconds then followed the dots. I waited till the blue dot got a little bigger. hope it helps you. good luck.

[Post New]by stinnett33 on May 9, 09 5:13 PM
passed on the first 2 and love this one

Patzilla
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Patzilla on Jun 5, 09 4:33 AM
cherbtoo wrote:Large File is right, it is 2,462,381 KB.

I don't know what your downloading speeds are like in the States but in the UK I am on the 20 MB Broadband speed and I have been downloading for 6 hours now and I am only up to 65%. My suggestion is to start the download just before bedtime and then it will have hopefully finished by the time you get up the next morning.

I too would like to know the answer to Mahbah's question please.

Yippee game just downloaded 9 hours 27 minutes. I hope I like it after all this !
I found you kind of have to babysit it. I have a really fast connection (I'm in the USA) but it still lagged, if you watch it it'll seem to start and stop. It helps to pause then immediately restart the download, when you see it slowing down again, pause and restart. Major hassle but faster. Also download time here seems best early a.m. hope that helps.

Go to: