april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

Re:Welcome to Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' forum

[Post New]by april3850 on Jun 7, 14 3:05 PM
Claim button doesnt work yet. I think thats something BZ is working on for a future update. You still get your money from auctions, but sometimes its delayed. We have complained to BZ about this, so maybe they will fix it soon.

[Post New]by Steph92gamer on Jun 7, 14 3:24 PM
april3850 wrote:Claim button doesnt work yet. I think thats something BZ is working on for a future update. You still get your money from auctions, but sometimes its delayed. We have complained to BZ about this, so maybe they will fix it soon.

ok, great, thankyou :-)

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Jun 8, 14 11:00 PM
As I read everyone's quotes about the game, I've been playing since the Thanksgiving Special and missed out on getting my Achievement reward because I didn't have enough coins or gold to accomplish my collections. I did better at the Christmas Special but I can't get the Achievement for the Ran Owl Collection. The Spring Special was a breeze, I was able to rack up on a lot of gold thru the Collections. Unfortunately there was no Ran Owl for this Special. Now I just log on once a day just to collect my star, since the game stop giving me a daily quest to obtain the extra star.
I'm only at level 48 and have all my sites except one at Master level, I've got all my collections completed except Platinum which I'm taking my time on completing, this gives me something to do while waiting for the next update. I've unlocked 23 of 24 cities. I chat with my friends to get the "messages sent" achievement done.
I wonder if the 3 missing Pet Accessories will show up in the next update. I also completed a detailed list of all the Collections listed by category; Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc. For those who need to know, I did it on MS Word 2013 and copy/pasted it to the forum site under Collectibles: Where to find 'em.

[Post New]by LadyLJ5748 on Jun 13, 14 9:29 AM
I'm on level 96 and have completed all the achievements possible (there are not enough pets to buy, accessories to buy, nor do I have access to the seasonal collections because I didn't get the game until June), am at Master level for everything on the map and most of the mini-games. Unfortunately none of this helps because the game is not complete. There is no 24th city as required for the achievement. No 5th "pet" for purchase. No 3 additional accessories for purchase. No shop next to the Auction House to allow the final 12 mini-games to be opened. I cannot access any of the seasonal collections because "that item is no longer available" even though I didn't get the game until late May/early June 2014. I have customized all the areas and upgraded/customized the shop as well in an attempt to open the final area. On the map many of the additional areas are still locked as well with no guidance on how to unlock them. Also I have no idea how many stars I have and haven't been able to figure out how to find out nor what I would possibly use them on!
When where there be an update to solve all of these problems?! I don't think it's right to release a game that is incomplete even if it's "free to play". It costs quite a bit to keep buying the gold to get started but once you are going you really don't have to buy any more. I haven't had to buy any gold for about three weeks. My big problem with the game is that it isn't complete and you can't get any information on when it will be!

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Jun 13, 14 11:49 AM
This is a long term game that potentially could go on for years. There is no "end" like in the games that you buy. We are all pretty much in the same boat you're in as far as achievements in the game. We usually get updates about once a month, but it has been almost 2 months since the last one. We are all waiting on the next update to come. Boomzap said that it will be this week. This is Friday so it should be today or tomorrow.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 13, 14 4:15 PM
LadyLJ, Seriously, you are level 96 in two weeks? Bet that cost you some serious money and we haven't even had a sale - Holy Batman! That is absolutely mind boggling. Mind sharing how many hours you have spent logged on ART - it can be found under Setting -Credits?

Since you said you have completed all the tasks and quests -what are the locked areas you are referring to? There are two coming soon locations in the scenes we now have and because of the achievements listed we know another city and another pet.

Not having access to the "special items" does not limit you in any way other than the pet accessories that were offered during seasonal quest fests and those will come back around. None of us have ALL the achievements because those items are not part of the game yet.

You will find your stars in your inventory along with other resources. The rest of it is the same for all of us; there is no "end" except sheer boredom.

PS there are only 101 levels so you are about to not gain XP either.

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Jun 13, 14 7:30 PM
Yeah, I'm wondering the same too on how you got to level 96 in just 2 weeks. I'm at level 48 and I've got all sites done up to Master except the Flower Shop since it just came out during the Spring Special. I'm in no hurry to finish everything at once. As of today I've got 144 stars, 94% of my achievements, and not in a big hurry to do all my mini games, this would give me nothing to do while waiting on the next update. Also, I've completed all my collections for the achievement and with a little help from other gamers, I compiled a complete list of past and present items for the Collections. Some of the items in the collections can be bought for only a few bars of gold, the most would be 12 bars.
I'm playing ART on my laptop under another name and one of the sites wouldn't give me the Brave's Companion, for some unknown reason. But as soon as I went to the collections and clicked on it, I purchased it and then I was able to complete the quest. So there will be days when you'll get upset and bored with the game.

Edited on 06/13/2014 at 8:21:44 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 14, 14 6:12 AM
Sahobbs, Brave's Companion does not drop until master level is reached in Idaho and then only in silhouette mode. Have you reached master on your second game?

[Post New]by AngelLabOwner on Jun 16, 14 5:33 AM
I am stuck!!!! how do I use the bug zapper in the Hunting Lodge when I cant get outside?

[Post New]by GabesNanaK on Jun 19, 14 6:59 AM
I have just hit what I consider a roadblock in the game. There is a new quest, in the new version, that requires that I purchase a Brave Warrior at the Auction House (in a bidding contest). I entered the Auction House, did a search, and the cheapest Warrior is 16,250 (starting bid) gold.

All one needs to do is go to Phillips Place and play level 16 and you can get a Brave Warrior. Instead, I am required to spend a huge amount of gold (which I do not have, by the way) which means I need to purchase it.

I cannot advance in my Quests unless I spend this money. Seems like highway robbery to me. There is no option to SKIP this quest, either.

Any advice? Thanks.

GinaRose
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by GinaRose on Jun 19, 14 3:24 PM
just ignore the quest GabesNanaK. these new ones are time limited and don't give you much anyway. Sometimes what it asks for is available to buy sometimes not. it won't ruin the game. I have so far managed to buy what it asks.
I want to know how to get in to the new area but it tells me I need to join a society but not how to do it. also there is a whole new lot of collectibles and no idea where to find them, any one know?

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Jun 19, 14 4:43 PM
I found out if you do a Auction Search by name then select lowest price you can get away cheap. But this quest is different for everyone. Mine today was to Purchase the Navy Poster and I got away with only paying 5 coins and there were at least 5 that were under 100 coins for starting bids. Yesterday I had to get the Golden Clef and had to spend 1000 coins. During the down time in waiting for the update, I collected a lot of coins in getting my collections built up and used just for this moment.

[Post New]by GabesNanaK on Jun 19, 14 6:01 PM
GinaRose, thank you for your input. On the Collectibles, I have an extensive list that gives the rewards for all mini games played within the various shops. Now with the new version, there are double rewards given for various mini games that add new collectibles for the new special level.

I think there are already lists for the "old" collectibles and where to find them. The new ones I have found are:

Amber Glass
Shard 1 - Porcelain 7
Shard 2 - Library 7
Shard 3 - Butterfly 7
Shard 4 and 5 - not found as yet

USA Map
Nothing found as yet

Music Box
Base - Porcelain 5
Mechanical - Library 5
Lower Body - Ranger 5
Upper Body - Butterfly 5
Crank - Toys 5

Compass
Nothing found as yet

Pocket Watch
Body - Porcelain 8
Mechanism - :Library 8
Face - Butterfly 8
Cover - Ranger 8
Clicker - Toys 8

Toy Car
Chassis - Porcelain 10
Trunk - Library 10
Hood - Butterfly 10
Grill - Ranger 10
Wheels - Toys 10

Phone
Nothing found as yet

Toy Robot
Nothing found as yet

Opera Mask
Piece 1 - Phillips 5
Biece 2 - Birds 5
Piece 3 - Fish 5
Piece 4 - Botanical 5
Piece 5 - Tailor 5

Phonograph
Turntable - Phillip 7
Record - Bird - 7
Elbow - Fish 7
Crank - Botanical 7
Horn - Tailor 7

Block Puzzle
I had trouble identifying the various pieces but can confirm that they are found in
at least these four places
Phillip 8, Bird 8, Fish 8, Botanical 8

Charm Bracelet
Heart - Phillip 10
Bracelet - Bird 10
Angel - Fish 10
Butterfly - Botanical 10
Flower - Tailor 10

Steroscope
Image - Toys 7
Left eye piece - Photo 5
Body - Photo 8
Adjustsr - Ranger 7
Right eye piece - Voincents 8

Badge
Not sure I recorded these correctly, however check Vincent 10, Photo 10, Vincent 7 and photo 7. I could be wrong on these.

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by Donnamarlene on Jun 20, 14 6:53 AM
After updating this game a couple of days ago when I try to play it after about 5 minutes my computer shutsdown. I uninstalled and reinstalled that did not help.
What can I do?

[Post New]by tartartic321 on Jun 21, 14 3:17 AM
AngelLabOwner wrote:I am stuck!!!! how do I use the bug zapper in the Hunting Lodge when I cant get outside?

Click the bug zapper and then click the door to the outside.

trophywife
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Daily reward requires much longer play time?

[Post New]by trophywife on Jun 21, 14 6:39 PM
It's the little things for me and I'm more than disappointed that in order to collect your money & star for playing daily has changed (on my game anyway) and now shows up close to an hour after I've been playing. I could not figure out what was happening the last couple of days and of course I'm back to square one. Often I only play for a little while in the evening and don't have that kind of time.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

[Post New]by dajoseverin on Jun 22, 14 2:03 AM
What is the Antique Explorers Society Membership Quest?

I keep buying things at auction to complete one quest a day as well as giving away keys as much as possible, but have not found the Quest.

reader64
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by reader64 on Jun 24, 14 1:53 PM
Hi I've been playing this game daily since Feb 2014. Great game, lots of fun. Until today. I logged on and discovered almost all my gold is gone. 300+, just gone. Has this ever happened to anyone else. Is there any recourse. That's a lot of $$ to lose for no reason. Someone please respond & let me know if this is a common occurrence.

GinaRose
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by GinaRose on Jun 26, 14 3:09 PM
many thanks GabesNanaK for the list but I am not finding all of them, I have done all the levels you said but have still only completed the amber glass. my game seems to be playing up a lot since the last upgrade hope its not long till the next

reader64
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by reader64 on Jun 28, 14 6:07 PM
If I uninstall the Big Fish game manager & reinstall the game, will I loose my game progress?

Go to: