Re:Collectibles - Where to find 'em!

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Dec 2, 13 6:43 PM
DrGoldin wrote:

This nonsense mars an otherwise enjoyable game. Having to do one of the expensive mini-puzzles over and over in order to get a unique item is not my idea of fun. How am I supposed to get enough envelopes after maxing out Red Mine?

I am maxed out on all the HO scenes, and after the big update last month, we now get all the collectibles even after we are maxed out. Did you download the updates? If you are not getting anything at max level, you probably need to uninstall and then reinstall the game. That is one of the big things that was actually fixed in the updates. I get envelopes all the time from the red mine. Also I get envelopes by completing the collections that give them as a reward.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 3, 13 8:17 AM
I'm going to try to work on listing the HOSs, possibly this week, but in the meantime, I'm at the point where I am going back and forth all over the place trying to get enough resources to play mini-games so I thought it would be helpful to have a listing by resource. I'm only listing those needed to play mini-games at this time, but will post the entire doc for downloading once completed. I do need your sharp eyes to point out any errors as it's easy to screw things up when relying on the Sort function. Plus, I've just returned from a long car trip and haven't had near enough coffee lol!

Reward Quantity Location Game # Item
Art Palette 10 Vincent’s Art Studio  4 Leisure Photo
Art Palette 15 Phil’s Stamps  12 Classic Chardonnay Glass
Art Palette 15 Porcelain Place  12 Classic Chardonnay Glass
Art Palette 15 Vincent’s Art Studio   8 Classic Chardonnay Glass
Art Palette 30 Beechwood Library  16 The Gothic Fortress
Art Palette 30 Bennet Portrait Studio  14 Rococo Flame
Art Palette 30 Bennet Portrait Studio  16 Gothic Fortress Clock
Art Palette 30 Butterfly Sanctuary 12 Rococo Flame
Art Palette 30 Vincent’s Art Studio  16 The Gothic Fortress

Binoculars 10 Butterfly Sanctuary 3 Taj Mahal Stamp
Binoculars 10 Phil’s Stamps  2 White House US Flag Stamp 
Binoculars 10 Phil’s Stamps  4 Great Wall 
Binoculars 15 Beechwood Library 8 Clay Water Clock
Binoculars 15 Beechwood Library  10 Brass Water Clock
Binoculars 15 Toy Repair Shop  7 Brass Water Clock
Binoculars 30 Crawford Fisheries 16 The Peace Dove
Binoculars 30 Porcelain Place  14 Verdant Hexagon

Butterfly Net 10 Bennet Portrait Studio  5 The Collector's Charm
Butterfly Net 15 Porcelain Place  5 Gilded Mandarin Teapot
Butterfly Net 15 Porcelain Place  7 English Rose Teapot
Butterfly Net 15 Toy Repair Shop  5 Japanese Sakura Teapot
Butterfly Net 30 Beechwood Library  12 Lady Edelweiss
Butterfly Net 30 Toy Repair Shop  10 Lady Cornflower

Envelopes 10 Crawford Fisheries 4 Happy Girl
Envelopes 10 Park Ranger's Office 4 Mad Boy
Envelopes 15 Crawford Fisheries 8 A Taste of Heaven
Envelopes 15 Park Ranger's Office 8 Earthen Luxury
Envelopes 50 Porcelain Place  18 Wedding Gown

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 3, 13 8:18 AM
Reward Quantity Location Game # Item
Film 10 Beechwood Library  2 Fountain of Wealth
Film 10 Park Ranger's Office 1 Technical Writer
Film 10 Toy Repair Shop  2 Graphite Writing Instrument
Film 15 Bennet Portrait Studio  7 Viking Axe
Film 15 Butterfly Sanctuary 8 Viking Axe
Film 15 Phil’s Stamps  14 Halberd 
Film 15 Beechwood Library  7 Worcester Plate
Film 15 Porcelain Place  10 Polk Plate

Gloves 10 Butterfly Sanctuary 2 Horseless Carriage Coaster
Gloves 10 Phil’s Stamps  3 English Rose Mini Saucer
Gloves 15 Bird Watching 4 Keep Shooting Poster
Gloves 15 Botanical Gardens  7 Security Poster
Gloves 30 Bird Watching 10 The Farmer's Wife
Gloves 30 Butterfly Sanctuary 16 Beaded Doll of Marriage
Gloves 30 Phil’s Stamps  16 Brave Warrior Doll 

Glue 10 Bennet Portrait Studio  1 Dashing Deerstalker

Hammer 10 Porcelain Place  4 Automobile05 Photo
Hammer 15 Crawford Fisheries 7 Fanny Poster
Hammer 15 Park Ranger's Office 7 Play Poster
Hammer 30 Crawford Fisheries 12 Dashboard Hula Dancer
Hammer 30 Park Ranger's Office 12 Corn Husk Chieftainess
Hammer 30 Toy Repair Shop  16 Cotton Stuffed Cutie

Lures 10 Crawford Fisheries 2 Pony Express Stamp
Lures 10 Park Ranger's Office 2 Man on the Moon Stamp
Lures 15 Porcelain Place  8 Silver Saucer
Lures 15 Bird Watching 5 Tailored Red Jersey
Lures 15 Botanical Gardens  8 Beechwood Cup Medal
Lures 15 Toy Repair Shop  8 Tailored Red Jersey
Lures 30 Beechwood Library  14 The Navy Good Conduct Medal
Lures 30 Bird Watching 12 The Phillippine Liberation Medal

Magnifying Glass 10 Bennet Portrait Studio  2 Posh Pashmina Scarf
Magnifying Glass 15 Bennet Portrait Studio  10 Riggs Poster
Magnifying Glass 30 Bird Watching 16 Distinguished Service Medal
Magnifying Glass 30 Botanical Gardens  16 American Defense Service

Thread 10 Crawford Fisheries 3 Young Turk Photo
Thread 10 Park Ranger's Office 3 Strong Man Photo
Thread 15 Vincent’s Art Studio  5 Golden Clef

Tweezers 10 Botanical Gardens  5 Turquoise Seeds
Tweezers 10 Beechwood Library  3 Turquoise Seeds
Tweezers 10 Toy Repair Shop  3 Green Flowers
Tweezers 15 Bennet Portrait Studio  8 Ben’s Justice
Tweezers 15 Bird Watching 7 Ben's Justice
Tweezers 15 Botanical Gardens  10 Daimyo's Reply
Tweezers 15 Butterfly Sanctuary 5 Shot of America
Tweezers 15 Phil’s Stamps  8 Shot of India

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 3, 13 8:19 AM
Sorry about the spacing. I don't know how to get it to space correctly. I tried using a BBC Editor and it didn't like that either. If anyone can copy and repost with better spacing, by all means, please do.

Thanks,

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Collectibles - Where to find 'em!

[Post New]by salsaz on Dec 3, 13 9:02 PM
Does anyone know how you get the evening gown and graduation gown in the platinum collection? They are not in any of the towns or the mini games so how the heck do people get them?

_ok_
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by _ok_ on Dec 4, 13 7:13 PM
Hi! Thanks again to everyone for the Thanksgiving updates and hidden object inventories! Just curious: In Vincent's Art Studio, the 16 palettes puzzle, I'm getting the Unknown Tennis Player, not Golfer George. I kept thinking it wasn't showing up and bugged the poor folks in Support (along with the funds not showing up for items I'd sold), but this time I paid closer attention and clicked on it in the Rewards section for the description. Now I can't remember if this is new and it did indeed used to be Golfer George and I can't remember if I got the Unknown Tennis Player before either, as I didn't check there after this puzzle. Am I the only one getting the Unknown Tennis Player here? If so, has anyone found Golfer George? Thank you (and thank you to the nice folks at the Support desk, too!)

[Post New]by IDgamesgal on Dec 5, 13 3:14 AM
I have been trying to get the Brave Warrior Doll at Phil's stamps. 16 envelopes each time to try this, and I've done it about 10 times and no doll. Has anyone else had this problem? It's been my one and only quest (other than the Thanksgiving ones) for weeks, and I am sick of playing the same scenes over and over trying to build up the envelopes, just to not get the reward every time I play.

[Post New]by Racegirl1985 on Dec 5, 13 3:40 AM
Since this hasn't been mentioned yet, depending on the mode you play, Fast Shopper, Picture, Silouette, Picky Shopper, the items can differ.

Dee6583
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Dee6583 on Dec 5, 13 9:51 AM
I want to thank you all for sharing these lists! I appreciate it.

DrGoldin
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by DrGoldin on Dec 6, 13 3:40 AM
You're right--I checked, and I can still get envelopes from Red Mine. But that's kinda not the point. The point is that it's tedious to have to play the expensive mini-games over and over in order to get their corresponding items, especially when you only get maybe 1-4 of the resources each time you devote energy to getting them on the road.

mammamia21099 wrote:
DrGoldin wrote:

This nonsense mars an otherwise enjoyable game. Having to do one of the expensive mini-puzzles over and over in order to get a unique item is not my idea of fun. How am I supposed to get enough envelopes after maxing out Red Mine?

I am maxed out on all the HO scenes, and after the big update last month, we now get all the collectibles even after we are maxed out. Did you download the updates? If you are not getting anything at max level, you probably need to uninstall and then reinstall the game. That is one of the big things that was actually fixed in the updates. I get envelopes all the time from the red mine. Also I get envelopes by completing the collections that give them as a reward.

[Post New]by IDgamesgal on Dec 6, 13 5:28 AM
As far as my problem with the Brave Warrior goes, I upgraded my building to level 3 and tried it again. Got the Brave Warrior the first try. So I will upgrade my buildings any other time I am having a problem. May work for others.

_ok_
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by _ok_ on Dec 6, 13 6:37 PM
Great advice IDgamesgal - thanks for posting! I have noticed the same thing a few times when I upgraded.

_ok_
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Collectibles - Where to find 'em!

[Post New]by _ok_ on Dec 6, 13 6:42 PM
salsaz wrote:Does anyone know how you get the evening gown and graduation gown in the platinum collection? They are not in any of the towns or the mini games so how the heck do people get them?

I haven't seen the graduation gown, but I got the evening gown in the Red Mine in Elko Nevada once after I attained Master level. It doesn't always show up (maybe once every 7 or 8 times?) and I haven't mastered any of the other cities yet, so maybe the graduation gown and other absent items can be found when those are mastered. Otherwise, you just have to save up your gold bars or hope someone else auctions it at a good price =)

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Dec 7, 13 2:28 PM
I have never gotten the assyrian scribe from the Butterfly house #18 as it is one your list. Ive played it over and over and over and never get nothing but coins. I usually have to buy the assyrian scribe with gold bars. And they wont let you type it into auction house to find, I guess cause it starts with **** which is the stupidist thing Ive ever seen.

[Post New]by patch59 on Dec 7, 13 10:26 PM
does anyone know where I can find WW2 Republic China Service Medal and Spanish Campaign Medal?

DrGoldin
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by DrGoldin on Dec 7, 13 11:55 PM
So just search for it under "scribe."

april3850 wrote:I have never gotten the assyrian scribe from the Butterfly house #18 as it is one your list. Ive played it over and over and over and never get nothing but coins. I usually have to buy the assyrian scribe with gold bars. And they wont let you type it into auction house to find, I guess cause it starts with **** which is the stupidist thing Ive ever seen.

[Post New]by blahblahboo on Dec 11, 13 1:57 PM
I have played every mini game many, many , many times and am at mastery in all levels (that I play over and over, I play for items to earn items needed to play mini games and not so much for money) except the tailors shop since it only gives coins and XP. All of my buildings are fully updated, etc. I still have only received many of these items 1 or 2 times. So there is some definite inconsistencies in the play of the game. The Assyrain Scribe is one of those, twice only.

Art Studio 10 is actually the Unknown Tennis Player instead of Golfer George and I have corrected my list. Thanks for helping with that.

I will continue to update things when I play, but I do not play often now. While I was enjoying figuring out how to progress without using much gold, it has become more tedious than fun due to the rarity of getting so many of the items and there seems to be no way to tell why. I can mess up and make a mistake and have to play a level again, say in the butterfly game, and still get the collectable, but then play perfectly and quickly and not get anything.

The new Christmas collectable issues of not having all items able to be found did not put the joy in Christmas play, if you cannot finish a collection, then it is tedious again. They may not have wanted us to earn as much gold as we did during the Thanksgiving game, but it is Christmas. I do hope they get them all out soon and work on the kinks that make getting items that cost so dearly in envelopes, pallets, gloves, etc. to give the collectible items consistently.

Edited on 12/18/2013 at 11:19:47 AM PST

[Post New]by pixietamber on Dec 11, 13 5:57 PM
Just reading everyone's comments & have a few tips to offer:

1) Items like Golfer George and other rarely seen items which can be collected within the hidden object scenes generally only come up in the last two styles i.e. Picky Shopper or Silhouette mode so if you don't get them when you play those modes you have to play through the other modes to return to that mode for another chance.

2) When playing in the Bird Watching building if you keep clicking (i.e. don't finish the picture right away) several times on the blocks you will ALWAYS get the reward. Likewise you almost always will get the reward in the Artists Building.

3) Frustrating as it is; often in the Hammer or Film mode you can get the reward but when you go to collect it mysteriously disappears from the screen. Luckily your very next play usually finds you gaining the item.

4) When you need to have 18 items to play (for example hammers) look in the bronze and silver collections to see what item you are missing as you can often get 10 or 15 of them this way quickly. For example 1a and 1b of film provides hammers and glue (I think) and if you're like me I have so many of the rest of the collections it was easy to fulfill the bronze/silver requirements to get 10/15 hammers/glue.

5) I played the tailors 1b up to master level so when we get updates like we did in Thanksgiving (and now Christmas) we can play the accumulated thread count to gain money. I'm holding off over buying pizza's or pasta at this point since I assume we'll get a sale again which will allow us to buy these food items at half price. Or conversely play the hidden object scenes to complete the "special Christmas collections" to gain gold bars.

Anyway, hope you find these tips useful.

NOW: I've done my two updates as of 8:50 pm Eastern time and completed both new hidden object scenes to master BUT am still waiting for quests and for the new collection items to reveal themselves. Anyone else having any luck finding the new items OR have they not released them yet????

[Post New]by katemh on Dec 12, 13 4:07 AM
I cant find the Christmas collectables anywhere, Any clues please

jacey1959
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by jacey1959 on Dec 12, 13 4:59 AM
I can't find Christmas items either. I have played the Christmas scenes over and over again with nothing! I do not have any Christmas quests either!

Edited on 12/12/2013 at 4:59:39 AM PST

Go to: