bgcaam79
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post Your Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition Technical Issues Here Only

[Post New]by bgcaam79 on Dec 2, 13 2:33 PM
Just updated the game today and now it doesn't work properly anymore.
The "old" version was just a bit sluggish during the cut scenes, but otherwise I was able to complete it without problems, but this new version is sooo glitchy:
First it didn't install properly (black screen), but this got solved by the usual un- reinstall.
Now I can't skip any cut scenes, which still run sluggish - skip button lights up but doesn't react.
I also get as far as the voodoo priestess' island when I walk towards her hut, the screen almost looks like a negative and there's black boxes all over the place.
Anyway I can "roll back" to the old working version?

mayamaisha
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post Your Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition Technical Issues Here Only

[Post New]by mayamaisha on Dec 2, 13 8:47 PM
Have been trying to solve beanstalk puzzle. Finally gave up but the game will not allow me to skip. I have been attempting for at least an hour. Is there a solution for this?

I am playing Collectors Edition on Windows 7 PC. Help! I don't want to start over but I do want to finish the game.

Anyone else having this problem? Thanx

[Post New]by kayleetje on Dec 28, 13 8:12 AM
Can i ask how i can get the last 2 achievements? when i played all the bonus games and hidden chapters i clicked on extras and played all off it, i have 3 stars for all the hops, incl Sugar rush but i am not getting the star on the achievement STARDOM so i cant get the last one and that is for a perfect score.. i have played them over and over again but it still says 0/28 when i look at the label stardom. is there a hidden hop? i think not because i counted them and i have played 28 and Sugar rush and here i have also 3 stars . this is a great game and i have played it 3times , just love it, one off the best games, stories, great music, great puzzles, great visual effects. this is an absolute topgame!

[Post New]by stevest on Feb 5, 14 9:36 PM
I PAID and download this game but not work for me (this is 3rd game I Have same problem) why ?
althught I tried to uninstall and install back but still can play just see the blackness or just head music and talking ??
all 3 of them is collector edition the regular ones are fine no problem found
Please help thank

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Feb 13, 14 3:01 AM
I can with all honesty say this is the most frustrating and long, drawn out game I have ever played - ever. It never ends! It will skip from one chapter to 3 chapters ahead, and there is no going back to play the chapters you missed without an enormous amount of effort, which I have put into this game. The strategy guide is some kind of unbelievable joke! There must be 8 ways to play each chapter - and heaven forbid you should pick the wrong one. I completed the rose picture and could not play the bonus game because it said I did not complete the rose picture. Achievements? My level of achievements are so low, you'd think I hadn't spent 20 hours already playing this game. Many glitches in various parts.

Don't get me wrong - I liked the game for its innovative play, but this is ridiculous. I am playing on a year old Windows 7 Pro, in Windows, not in any browsers. Everything is up to date, and I run malwarebytes pro with Avira free. I have web-based email, and my computer diagnostics tells me all is just fine and has been fine since I got it. It is not my computer.

Therefore, the only conclusion I come up with after each time I have to start over, is it is not a problem on my end. The game is a nightmare, and Big Fish or more likely the Developers should do something about it. No one should have to go through what I've been through to play a "casual hidden object/adventure game." No one.

It's not a matter of the money, even, although it is not a nice thing to get scammed like this. This game is being deleted completely from my computer, and I hope I never, ever see it again anywhere. Shame on the developers for dropping all the issues this game has and has had for years.

NifaFifa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by NifaFifa on Feb 15, 14 7:40 PM
I cannot get the 3 star achievement, even when I actually achieve it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but it didn't fix anything. Any advice appreciated.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 1, 14 11:44 PM
Its a little upsetting to see that MANY of the technical problems listed here are NOT technical problems - they're just questions people have about where to find things & stuff like that!!
Makes the game look like it's got a lot terribly wrong with it.

Anyway, that being said, this is the 3rd game recently that I cannot play because right off the bat I get black bars/lines all across the screen. I see where they said to do the troubleshooting steps - is that even really necessary if its very specific programs that aren't working? And they are not working for many people?
I just don't want ot have to go thru this 3 times in a couple of weeks when I know that the rest of all of the functions of my computer are working just fine.

Seems like something might be either wrong with - I dunno - some kind of new process they're using for the games or something. Something has definitely been tinkered with & it is literally only happening to me with games that I get from Big Fish, even though I know that they're from d ifferent developers usually.

Go to: