Uh oh game crashing

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

Re:Uh oh game crashing

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 1, 13 6:20 PM
I would understand that if it was a cell company... plus for whatever reason I seem to be one of the few who has experienced no trouble whatsoever. I'm with that "Can you hear me now" cell provider

Amy_Leee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Amy_Leee on Nov 1, 13 11:31 PM
Omg! I got in! I couldn't believe it, I was too scared to get my hopes up but after collecting my daily prize, reading the 40% gold sale, the land expansion sale, the new quest for new chapter and the really best bit: collecting some silver from a couple of attractions, I knew I was in!

Then it crashed and hasn't come back since.

The thing that was different was as the "enter" screen froze as usual, just as Sterling appears, I got a 20% battery notification from my phone. After I pressed ok, the scene changed suddenly to show all three characters, so I hit enter. Then the "loading" page appeared! Oh, sweet loading page! But it wasn't to be.

Of course I've tried to replicate the scenario (which is rather difficult) and even tried the Home button and power button to try and recreate the interruption, but to no avail.

On a positive note, I've vacuumed the whole house from top to bottom and feeling pretty good about that instead of feeling bad for wasting time on my phone. But I do miss it!

Edited on 11/01/2013 at 11:32:00 PM PST

[Post New]by Accordeonfreak on Nov 2, 13 2:18 AM
Yesterday evening I suddenly could get in as well - for about 5 seconds
Just enough to collect the daily bonus and than it crashed and I never could back in again.

[Post New]by Trevett1st on Nov 2, 13 2:28 AM
Yesterday I too was allowed to enter my manor and grab some silver before I was unceremoniously dumped back shivering into the street. I wonder who lives there now? I hope they don't meddle with my landscaping.

[Post New]by bolle60 on Nov 2, 13 2:34 AM
Is there a fix for this problem yet? I can\t get in for a few days now. Very disapppinting.

Amy_Leee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Amy_Leee on Nov 2, 13 2:43 AM
Ah, well that rules out my interruption theory. Just as well because that was too hard to reproduce :p It's almost cruel, isn't it?

Guess it's just back to waiting then. At least we have eachother!

Edited on 11/02/2013 at 2:45:51 AM PST

[Post New]by 1Spoodledame on Nov 2, 13 2:52 AM
I know I'm not very technical, but if it is a server issue, could they not move us to a server which is working?

[Post New]by Istari on Nov 2, 13 3:27 AM
I just wish they would do something. 5 gold bars is a poor reward for being locked out for so long. Some idea of timescale would help. I'm in the lucky position of being able to play on my laptop but using a mouse takes way too long on blitz mode so my scores are pathetic. I really want to get back in on my iphone!

GilGalad2
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by GilGalad2 on Nov 2, 13 6:00 AM
I am now getting nostalgic for the yellow boxes on the entry page, at least I could get in, are the tech guys working on this over the weekend BF?, or do we now have to wait till Monday, I am having severe withdrawal symptoms!

[Post New]by Qazwer01 on Nov 2, 13 6:20 AM
The game crushing when I try to tap blue button "play". What do i need to do?

[Post New]by Qazwer01 on Nov 2, 13 6:24 AM
I am using the vershion 7.14 and ios 6

Fredericka2
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Fredericka2 on Nov 2, 13 7:13 AM
I had another BFG game that wasn't loading, but now it is - maybe there is hope after all? Has this ever happened before, does anyone know?

Edited on 11/02/2013 at 7:14:36 AM PST

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Nov 2, 13 8:55 AM
I can't get in still either.

Maybe it's people who have more than 302 neighbours? Or who deleted some in an attempt to get the numbers down and stop old (recently purchased) Premium scenes from crashing?

I'm afraid I'm playing someone else's game for the moment

mjpi
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by mjpi on Nov 2, 13 10:26 AM
Frogmort, it's not people who have more than 302 neighbors--I think I have nearly 1200 and can still play. I've never deleted anyone, though, so can't comment on that.

I do get freezes or crashes after playing earlier scenes, but if I stick to the more recent stuff the game plays okay for me.

Hope they get it fixed for everyone soon!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 2, 13 10:58 AM
Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that we are absolutely still working on this issue and we're dedicated to getting your games back for you as quickly as we can. I don't have an exact time-line yet, but rest assured, we are working hard to get you back into your games.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

GilGalad2
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by GilGalad2 on Nov 2, 13 12:20 PM
Thanks for the update, bfgDeveron, please, please,please continue to keep us informed, there are a lot of very angry people out there, information and reassurances always help!

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Nov 2, 13 1:34 PM
Yes, bfgDeveron, thank-you for keeping us informed.

Donna509
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Donna509 on Nov 2, 13 2:37 PM
I have just started having my system crash, twice in the past hour. Restarted my system after the first one. Both times I was starting to play the chapter 2 gypsy puzzle and lost my 15 points without playing. I am using iPad with iOS 7.0.3, dark manor v 7.13. Thanks for all your work on this problem. I know it must be a real challenge.

[Post New]by Trevett1st on Nov 2, 13 3:15 PM
Yes, thank you bfgDeveron it is good that you are keeping in touch. I don't know how many people this is effecting, but I sense that there are some of the older manors out there being neglected!

DulceAroha
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by DulceAroha on Nov 2, 13 4:48 PM
Looking forward to the next BIG update Big Fish!! There are some shark infested waters harbouring in the BF Pond....alot of disgruntled fishes are needing their fix! Keep us in the loop! Thanks a Mill!

Go to: