kellen46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by kellen46 on Nov 29, 13 9:07 AM
Pepper010 wrote:
Blitzmiz wrote:I am collecting scarabs to open Mme Fate's caravan. After the 5th scarab the key to open the 6th scarab disappears and game will not allow me to collect the scarab at the tree outside Mme Fate's caravan which has broken and fallen down. Hints circle the hole in the tree but nothing seems to work. Following the (very bare) instructions in the strategy guide doesn't work. Clicking on the scarab, attempting to put the cat in the hole in the tree etc. etc. nothing works. Any ideas? Is this another frustratingly buggy game from BigFish?

I'm having the same problem, and so is someone else. See the thread titled Scarabs. I've checked the strategy guide, and I'm doing the right things, but the screen is dead, dead, dead. The cursor doesn't even turn into a hand to "touch" it. I think this is a buggy game. I've started over, not happily, with another profile and will see what happens. I'm really frustrated and wondering if BFG will pay any attention to our problems.

This is the same for me as well....any ideas on how to proceed?????

Re:post your technical problems here!!

[Post New]by coffeechickia on Nov 29, 13 1:04 PM
chinga1013 wrote:The game downloaded and installed just fine. Every time I've tried to play it, the game manager closes, the screen goes black for a split second, a dialogue box pops up saying that the game has stopped working and that windows is trying to solve the problem, then the game manager pops back up and thanks me for playing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I've restarted my computer. I've made sure that everything is up to date. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game manager. Nothing works. It still does the exact same thing.

Yes. This exactly is happening to me. I cannot play my new game!!! First game I have bought in a year....sooooooo disappointed.

wd_athena
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by wd_athena on Nov 29, 13 1:22 PM
wd_athena wrote:The game freezes when I place the last blue/red fuse in the bomb on the rocket. I have used task manager to get out of it and then reopened the game. It starts where I have to put in the last fuse, and then freezes.

I started again under a new profile, got to the same point and the game freezes. Will not acknowledge the last fuse placement and freezes.

any answers for this?

ConeyKrab
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by ConeyKrab on Nov 29, 13 3:00 PM
Well, two quick ones.

I had to skip Bianca's puzzle, because swapping the last two colored fuses froze my game.

I also had to skip the raven-coop book puzzle, because the blue peephole thing became unresponsive; the light ray just went through it, rather than ending at it.

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

ongoing tech problems still?????

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Nov 29, 13 3:06 PM
when will BFG respond to the ongoing tech problems? are you ever going to address these tech issues and resolve them with a new build or FIX????
Have love the MCF since the first one many years ago. am really disappointed in the "no response" to our inquiries. not like in the past when there was a short time period before a response was noted and the glitches were fixed in a timely manner.
is BFG more concerned about their bottom line than the gamer/customer?? it certainly feels this way and I know I am not alone in feeling this way. so unhappy with this site since they dropped the community forums and gamers who were left in the lurch, with no where to go to talk and in a good way about the games and the good feelings we once had. not the case today.

the end of a customer based community !

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 29, 13 3:37 PM
jummama wrote:This may not be a tech problem maybe just a me problem. I am trying to access a key from my inventory. I picked it up but I have 6 items showing in my inventory and I know there is atleast 1 more item, a key that is not showing up. I can't seem to figure out how to more the inventory over to access the other area of inventory that this key is in. ALSO what is the purpose of locking your inventory? I have it unlocked now. Why would you need to "Lock" it?
Hi jummama! Welcome to the forum! When your inventory spans more than one page you should have small golden (I believe) arrows on either side of your inventory tray, you can use those to scroll from page to page. Some folks get irritated by their inventory tray popping up any time they scroll over the bottom of the page, or conversely, don't wan to have to scroll over it to see their inventory - those are just a couple of reasons folks might want to lock that tray. Happy gaming!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 29, 13 3:40 PM
wd_athena wrote:
wd_athena wrote:The game freezes when I place the last blue/red fuse in the bomb on the rocket. I have used task manager to get out of it and then reopened the game. It starts where I have to put in the last fuse, and then freezes.

I started again under a new profile, got to the same point and the game freezes. Will not acknowledge the last fuse placement and freezes.

any answers for this?
Several other people are having this issue as well...please check out the thread "Neutralizing the bomb." here: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/262990.page
to see other posts. Most folks seem to solve it by resetting the game then skipping it.

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by bachlein on Nov 29, 13 3:51 PM
It wouldn't play in full screen for me. I tried the options page, but it just wouldn't get bigger.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition He

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 29, 13 4:11 PM
WilJul wrote:
Also, gotta say, it sure is strange to have virtually NO moderator presence in the forum for an MCF game that just launched, despite the holidays. Especially with a game series that has notoriously glitchy releases!
geninfo, I must agree, this is odd and I commented on it too ^^. Another day and still no mod presence in a 5 page tech thread! What in the world is going on over there???

Edited on 11/29/2013 at 4:11:53 PM PST

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 29, 13 5:01 PM
kellen46 wrote:
deadlyflower wrote:I cannot progress past the 5th scarab. I am stuck at the 6th, by the tree, the one that has fallen from the bird cage. The walk through and the strategy guide say "touch the fragments," and yet, the game does nothing! Ideas, or a fix?!

Deadlyflower

I have the same problem.....have you a fix? you can pm if need be....great game but am frustrated at this point.

I played with a new profile and this time, it all worked. So it's definitely an intermittent glitch that causes some play-throughs to bog down at the scarab by the tree.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Nov 29, 13 5:23 PM
Well, I had no problem downloading the game or finishing the main game. However, in the bonus game I can't pick up any of the castle pieces. I can hover over them and the cursor will flicker into a hand, then back to an arrow, and I cannot pick them up. Running Windows 8.1, Firefox 25, just updated all plugins and addons before downloading the game.

Just a note about my suspicions why BFG tech support is not around on this game. Remember Azada? The first two were BFG in-house written games, but the later ones were not. The franchise was "farmed out" to ERS, and the only thing about the third game that was like the first two was the name of the guy in the library.

OK, so we're all assuming that because all the other MCF games were BFG in-house productions, this one is as well. Wrong. It's copyright to Elephant Games (!) with about a half-dozen BFG names on the credits as "producers". That's why we have the cutesy cat with the shop. And that's probably why BFG is so quiet about tech issues--they have to be solved by Elephant Games.

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by jill165x on Nov 29, 13 5:48 PM
Tralfaz wrote:
This happened to me as well. I went back into the game and clicked on one fuse then reset it and waited for the time to run down, then skipped it & it worked.

Not sure of the answer if you actually want to finish the fuse game rather than skip it though.

I also had the fuse freezing issue, and "solved" it the same way you did. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of the game and restart, because when it froze it also froze the Skip option. When I restarted the game I just didn't touch the fuses and waited for the timer.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Nov 29, 13 6:00 PM
You'd think if they were going to do a release of their major franchise game right before a holiday weekend they'd either have the staff available to handle the problems, or else release it earlier in the week so there would be staff around to address them.

Too bad there's so many problems, I was looking forward to getting this one but I'm going to hold off until the game is updated.

[Post New]by mezzo10 on Nov 29, 13 7:48 PM
I am having the same problem as ratchet51. I have an older PC. It has downloaded after some difficulty, but i can't start the play. I am hearing the same [b]sounds you heard, but nothing else happens. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Rhabbitt on Nov 29, 13 8:23 PM
Hello!
Playing this on a PC running Windows 7.
Loving this game but I have been experiencing some issue with the Strategy Guide. Multiple times now (6 and counting) I have clicked on the Strategy Guide during game play and the game has shut down and kicked me back into the Game Manager. I have also experienced where the Strategy Guide comes up but is transparent (you can see the game scene in the background) and the text is not able to be read.

Other that that, I have had no other issues!

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Nov 29, 13 10:42 PM
Tralfaz wrote:
kherm1 wrote:Loved the game, got through the whole thing with some assistance. In the Secret Room I am having issues with a couple of the HO scenes not completing even though the items are all gone out of tasks, and I can't pick up the card at the strongman's scene or the skull in the moon at the merry go round, which means I can't complete the tasks for Franco or Marlena (four shells and four dumb bells). So I can't finish the Secret Room.

Same here. I haven't made it to the Strong Man yet, but the one for Marlena, with the skull, after finally letting me click the skull,and it disappearing along with the word, it just seems stuck.

I wasn't sure if I had skipped some though because I was working on the clowns masks, then when I hit hint it took me to Marlena. So I never got to get all the masks, wasn't sure if that was a glitch or not.

I am having the same problem as well. Very frustrating as we cannot finish the secret room without all the items. It's supposed to be a very nice surprise at the end. Hope someone in this thread will address our problem. I think I'll start a new thread about it so we can get some attention.

Mischie
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mischie on Nov 29, 13 10:47 PM
EZTAYLOR13 wrote:Bought game (of course). It will not download, at all. Nothing. I've tried 4 times now. Anyone else having this issue?

I had that problem recently ended up downloading the demo, then said to buy, it comes with already bought game clicked on that and it installed
hope that helps

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Nov 29, 13 11:36 PM
firekat7 wrote:
Tralfaz wrote:
kherm1 wrote:Loved the game, got through the whole thing with some assistance. In the Secret Room I am having issues with a couple of the HO scenes not completing even though the items are all gone out of tasks, and I can't pick up the card at the strongman's scene or the skull in the moon at the merry go round, which means I can't complete the tasks for Franco or Marlena (four shells and four dumb bells). So I can't finish the Secret Room.

Same here. I haven't made it to the Strong Man yet, but the one for Marlena, with the skull, after finally letting me click the skull,and it disappearing along with the word, it just seems stuck.

I wasn't sure if I had skipped some though because I was working on the clowns masks, then when I hit hint it took me to Marlena. So I never got to get all the masks, wasn't sure if that was a glitch or not.

I am having the same problem as well. Very frustrating as we cannot finish the secret room without all the items. It's supposed to be a very nice surprise at the end. Hope someone in this thread will address our problem. I think I'll start a new thread about it so we can get some attention.

Well, I've answered my own question. I closed the game and then the game manager. Got back in the game manager, played a different game for awhile, closed the game manager, then got back into Fate's Carnival. When I went back into the secret room, my missing items showed up. Nice!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 30, 13 12:46 AM
MAC: Playing on a MacBook Pro 10.8.2....just ran into another fatal freeze. This time it's in the bonus game, the first superpuzzle, in the grotto, the one with a voodoo doll, a skull and skeleton hand, among many other things. In the part of the puzzle where you are supposed to slide golden pins to put together the face of what appears to be an elderly man, by sliding the pieces of his face; the pins don't slide. They slid before I put the other picture together, but now that I have the man's face on there they won't slide at all. I wonder if other parts of the puzzle aren't working either as I couldn't get anything to do anything (which, granted, could just be me). So now I am off to do another reinstall to see if that fixes it. If not....well, I just don't know...very frustrated.

sillygrrl
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sillygrrl on Nov 30, 13 9:06 AM
Fantastic, Phenomenal Game! Best game to come out in years, best MCF since Return to Ravenhearst, love it! However,
I am in the Raven Cote, doing the black book puzzle, and when I arrange the animals, I do not get a key. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, same problem. Help?

Go to: