Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Bluebeard's Castle: Son of the Heartless here

[Post New]by yoyo232yoyo on Feb 17, 14 4:00 AM
Got the knife to cut the pattern in 3rd book - after cutting the 4th pieces - lost my knife and need it to cut the 5th piece and cut the mouse out of the cage

My Virus Checker doesn't like this game

[Post New]by themouse020 on Feb 17, 14 12:11 PM
I use AVAST antivirus, and it sequestered this game, both as a download, and when I unsequestered and tried to play it though Games Manager. When I looked into the Program File folder (Windows 7), I found a program called "mxkqnwq.exe." What is this executable, and why is it here? Is this updated game safe to run? BTW, I ran a Malwarebytes scan as well, and it found 2 questionable folders in my user directory, which I don't think were there previously. This may be just a false positive from both malware-detection programs, but I'd like some re-assurance from BigFish. Thanks.

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Feb 17, 14 3:49 PM
white_snake wrote:It doesn't work at all. When I want to start the game, I only get a error.
I have an Apple OS10.6.8
I really want to play the game, but I have all my latetst updates, so what's the problem then?

I am on OS Maverick & the game won't even lauch- it directly oped an Apple error report.. I saw the word BAD a few times

I ran MacKeeper & it came up with over 200 'error-junk files'- I have NEVER

had that many...

Bottom line- Its just a very glitchy game- especially for Macs

I wrote BF- attached a Dr Felix report & fully expect a game coupon

in return

I DID find 3 updates- but none for this game

I have fond BF customer service to be excellent

CC

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Feb 18, 14 9:09 PM
All you have to do to get the newest update of any game is uninstall it then install it.

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Feb 19, 14 8:33 AM
I have checked for updates but none found. I reinstalled the game and it still does not work!!!!!

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Feb 19, 14 2:17 PM
I see we still don't have another update---so, guess it's time to get my money back. Same thing for Cruel Collections. Bought them both during Prez day sale. Haven't had a problem with any game for months---and that was the first one in years.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re: Dungeon gods wheel puzzle disappeared?

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Feb 22, 14 12:30 PM
I am in the dungeon got all but one of the items for the greek gods puzzle. finally got the thunder bolt and now the wheel it is supposed to go into has disappeared? Help please?

[Post New]by crotwellcc on Feb 22, 14 5:34 PM
Got as far as the dragon tower. Tried to put the wasp in its place and I can't. I played the game free before I bought it and had no problems. This is the second game in as many months that I have had a problem with. So I got sent a coupon for a free game. Tried to use THAT to buy this game and it was denied. It seems that there are tech issues with some of the new games.

[Post New]by flyingduchess on Feb 23, 14 12:40 PM
I can not get or find the "comb" in the tree, however the peanut is where the comb should be. I have reloaded, tried several times to no avail. however the princess has a comb in each side of her hair. do not understand, pls help

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on Feb 24, 14 5:18 AM
Lost sound. Decided to buy the game but at the theater I completely lost ALL sound. what's up with all these game probs lately?

Calicohorse
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Calicohorse on Feb 24, 14 7:41 AM
Hi there, same issue as everyone else. I bought the game, had problems, noticed a rebuild, so deleted the old version and reinstalled, created a new profile as previous profile corrupt and then...the game froze in the same place as previously: just when one gets the scarab door open. I do hope to be able to play the game as I like it a lot - very "Drawn" like in the graphics.

[Post New]by AbsoluteFabs on Feb 24, 14 8:15 AM
Problems my end, too. Game does not even launch. I tried removing and reinstalling the game, checking for updates (none found - my game is apparently up-to-date) and checking on technical discussions and reports of problems...

I use Mac OSX and this is the first time this has happened. I even posted a technical query and performed the Dr Felix check but still no news after the 72 hour maximum reply period. One consolation; my problem is not an isolated incident but the developers ought to fix it, pronto!

[Post New]by spooky42 on Feb 24, 14 11:20 AM
I played the demo of Bluebeard's Castle without a problem and bought it. However, since I paid for it, it will no longer play. The app or icon for Bluebeard is on my desk top but it will not open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times. I also ran it as ADMINISTRATOR but nothing seems to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled BFG and this does not work. I received the following error codes: 1402, 905, 900, & 803200. I also read you have a FIX for this game. I went thru your instructions to download the fix and it tells me "No downloads available."
Please help! I am at a loss for what to do next.
Thank You.

Spooky42

(Spooky was my favorite black cat ... I am not really spooky at all.)

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Feb 28, 14 11:54 AM
The fix on 2-15-14 did not solve the problems BFG. Are you going to get this game working properly or not? It has been 2 weeks and we can't play our game. Please let us know on way or the other. Thank you.

[Post New]by burwhale on Mar 1, 14 2:18 PM
Another OS X Mavericks user who can't even get the game to launch.

Rozanne
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Rozanne on Mar 7, 14 2:11 AM
This game is soooo frustrating - Each time I try to change direction in the game, I click on the arrow and then have to sit and wait a few minutes before it will do anything. I am now in the library and when I click on the various books, the game and my computer freezes up. Please when is there going to be an update to solve these many glitches?

[Post New]by brorabbit48 on Mar 13, 14 6:55 PM
I'm stuck on the altar. The left side of the screen is black and green. I have install this game two times, same thing. Can't see what to do at the altar. HELP

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Mar 14, 14 12:08 AM
Contact CS and get your money back. It has been a month and they have no intention on fixing this game.

distantsmoke
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by distantsmoke on Mar 25, 14 9:57 AM
Not sure if this is a bug, or operator error on my part. trying to free Jasper the mouse. I have 5/5 acorns, 4/5 pieces of the mouse coat. I had the knife, but before I cut the last piece of mouse coat it disappeared. I can't find the knife and don't see a squirrel anywhere. Which some in the forum say you need to give an acorn to, to get the knife. I have no idea what my problem is.

Go to: