Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery Expedition: Prisoners of Ice here

[Post New]by tommya1947 on Mar 1, 14 1:11 PM
HEY! B.F.G, 82 replies and counting! 5 pages! Do you think there is a problem
with this game ........YOU THINK ??????

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Mar 1, 14 2:26 PM
I have already posted about having the same problem in the ice cave as other fishies.
tried bigdeverons fix and coudnt find it as it is not showing after following his instructions.
was really enjoying the game until it went pearshaped and i so wanted to buy this one.
so decided to uninstall and reinstall and managed to get past the problem area
so far so good......thought great I can buy this now.
how wrong..!!!!.
...after the sale went through went back to continue playing when it all went wrong again.
what on earth is going on? how on earth can it not work ..then work.then not work?
i have had enough and am not about to muck about changing settings or contacting tech support who will only ask for a dr felix report
contacting customer support to get my credit back

Edited on 03/01/2014 at 2:44:56 PM PST

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 2, 14 8:47 AM
The demo ended just as I finished a hidden object scene and now it's stuck. I bought the game and installed it, but it won't go past that scene. Do I have to start all over now?

[Post New]by wrinklyo on Mar 3, 14 6:22 AM
Like most of you I am disgusted that Big Fish have released a game with so obvious a defect and despite many complaints about this have done nothing about it. However there is a light at the tunnel for all of you who wish to continue with the game. I discovered that if you reduce the screen size from Full screen you can play this section of the game. Once you have reached the ship it appears that you can then revert back to full screen and continue with the game. Have not yet finished it , but have gone forward quite a bit with no further trouble.

Edited on 03/03/2014 at 9:17:56 AM PST

[Post New]by wrinklyo on Mar 3, 14 3:36 PM
oops, I spoke too soon, I am now stuck on the mechanic/prisoner because the key doesn't work. Tried my old trick again, but this didn't work this time. Cannot understand how this game got released, it is not as if it is an old game being sold cheaply.

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Mar 5, 14 11:36 AM
Same thing here. I uninstalled and tried another day and same thing. Uninstalled and reinstalled and tried it again today and same thing happened. Giving it another try in a few. Fingers crossed, looks like it will be a good game if the snow and cursor does what it is supposed to do.
Bessie Mae

Jade1953 wrote:After being thrown into the chasm, the game began to have problems. It started having "snow" and the cursor began to "echo" by continuously flowing like a special effect. I was able to go to the igloo, but, when I tried to play again, the same thing happened. It also flashed as if trying to continue, but, was unable to do so. Up until then, I enjoyed playing. I have not had trouble like this before. I am using Windows 8.

[Post New]by wendyirene on Mar 7, 14 6:13 PM
I'm stuck on the mechanic too. Still no update. how about a game credit so we can buy something else???

Mazou884
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Mazou884 on Mar 8, 14 9:53 AM
wendyirene wrote:I'm stuck on the mechanic too. Still no update. how about a game credit so we can buy something else???

Same problem here. Same thoughts as well. Too bad, this was a good game so far.

tommya1947
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tommya1947 on Mar 8, 14 12:38 PM
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!
You have known of the problems since the 19th of Feb. and done squat about it.
It is now the 8 of March. I am a "good customer" I have purchased over 300 games
from you. But my patience is at an end.
NOW FIX THE BLOODY GAME OR GIVE ME A REFUND, OR A FREE GAME, OR
SOMETHING. I have a real good lawyer, if I don't here from you by March 12 2014.
YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM HIM.

Knowing him like I do. I would drop me a note at tommya1947@yahoo.com. or post
some news for us..... OR ELSE!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Boddiford5 on Mar 8, 14 4:54 PM
I can't get this game to stay open. It shows that I own this game, but when I press play it comes on and immediately goes off. I went into Purchase History to install again, but no luck. Please help. ecjnc@yahoo.com

[Post New]by Carlettah on Mar 9, 14 12:43 PM
chicabees wrote:
JennyPerry wrote:I can't free the prisoner in the cave ...
I have the key, help directs me there but cant unlock the chains

Same problem here. After trying to free prisoner a couple of times, my key disapered, but prisoner is still captured.

I have this same problem

[Post New]by jwilkin6 on Mar 12, 14 5:15 AM
Same problem as the others, cannot use key on the mechanic.

I really do not want to start again under a new profile as I am too far forward for that.

If there is no fix available to be able to continue from where I am, then I would like a game credit refund please

tommya1947
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tommya1947 on Mar 12, 14 12:33 PM
I started the game again after downloading and a new profile. It went ok until the
bear scene and that's when the game shut down and I get this
Unknown exception: (code 0xe06d7363) at address 7550C41F in thread 168C
Module: KERNELBASE.dll
Logical Address: 0001:0000B41F

EAX:0018E5A8 EBX:28210310 ECX:00000003 EDX:00000000 ESI:00748944 EDI:00339000
EIP:7550C41F ESP:0018E5A8 EBP:0018E5F8
CS:0023 SS:002B DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B
Flags:00000212

Windows Ver: NT 6.1 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
DDraw Ver: 6.1.7600.16385
DSound Ver: 6.1.7600.16385

Product: Mystery Expedition - Prisoners Of Ice
Version: 1.0
Time Loaded: 01:54:28
Fullscreen: Yes
Primary ThreadId: 168C
Does this help any??? PLEASE REPLY!!!

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Mar 13, 14 6:32 PM
I had the same problem with the cursor tracings and falling "snow" covering the screen while in the ravine and I couldn't get out. It worked after I quit the game and opened it again but other areas are slow moving and it looks like this game still has glitches. I liked the demo but am afraid to buy it until a GOOD update is made for it. Seems like the last one didn't "take".

[Post New]by actonian1 on Mar 14, 14 11:22 AM
It's clear there is a problem for a lot of players trying to release the mechanic in shackles in the cave. To have to resort to restarting the game under a new profile should NOT be the resolution. BFG must take responsibility and take these posts more seriously - and do something to help.

come on BFG - sort this out

[Post New]by HAGARFREAK55 on Mar 16, 14 9:23 AM
played the demo, enjoyed it enough to purchase the game. I got through to the raft, rode the raft into the next scene. Perhaps even played a tad further then decided to call it a night. Came back to it the next morning and now I am back at the raft and it won't cross the water. I went to my map to see if I needed to do anything and my map has 2 maps superimposed...wth?

[Post New]by Sixxygrrl on Mar 18, 14 2:03 AM
After the crew tosses me down into the ice cavern, my screen snows till its all white and the cursor is a tracer that leaves a trail of cursors all over the screen. I can still select menu to exit, but I cannot go any further.

[Post New]by Sixxygrrl on Mar 18, 14 2:10 AM
csmith116 wrote:Same thing here. I uninstalled and tried another day and same thing. Uninstalled and reinstalled and tried it again today and same thing happened. Giving it another try in a few. Fingers crossed, looks like it will be a good game if the snow and cursor does what it is supposed to do.
Bessie Mae

Jade1953 wrote:After being thrown into the chasm, the game began to have problems. It started having "snow" and the cursor began to "echo" by continuously flowing like a special effect. I was able to go to the igloo, but, when I tried to play again, the same thing happened. It also flashed as if trying to continue, but, was unable to do so. Up until then, I enjoyed playing. I have not had trouble like this before. I am using Windows 8.

SAME ISSUE HERE!!!! I am glad I was sampling the dang thing, but sheesh! still it is irritating, I was fairly enjoying the game till this.

[Post New]by ptablue on Mar 18, 14 9:36 AM
got to the prisoner and can't unlock chains. Here lately have had several games that gave me problems. Seems like BF would check these out before offering them for sale. They have my money and I get a headache.

whoanelly
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by whoanelly on Mar 20, 14 12:06 AM

Re ost your TECH ISSUES for Mystery Expedition: Prisoners of Ice here

[Post New]by oxjoxo on Feb 28, 14 2:25 PM
well I made it to the cave with out issues trying to leave it is tough tho I only have 3 logs need 4 and there is a mini game that lowers the bridge says I need a clue for I suspect it is in the wall which tells me I need to highlight an engraving. nothing in my toolbox works I suspect I need charchol fron previous area it wont let me go back to. hint keeps telling me to use a rope which im pretty sure I need to tie the logs together
around and around I go im stuck gone to far to delete and start over but I guess it is the only option I really like this game and had no issues otherwise I pay per data so this game I gonna cost me using windows 7 wish there was a walkthrough

Edited on 02/28/2014 at 2:28:53 PM PST

You need the chalk which was to the left of the shack with some coins that came out of that barrel shaped thingy that looked a little like a cannon. Unfortunately it is now no where to be found for me. Not in inventory and not available to be clicked on. Can't advance without it to get to the wall for the clue to the wheel to lower the bridge. I am stuck AGAIN and this time I may not find out what to do about it. So we are in the same boat it seems.

Go to: