Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Boddah266 on Mar 5, 14 4:43 PM
This isn't exactly a tech issue; but I notice that when you are in the bathroom and click on the missing shell handle, it says "another missing look" not lock. Just letting the devs know.

[Post New]by VoodooSan on Mar 5, 14 5:15 PM
OK, maybe it's that this game is structured differently than so many others, (letting you start puzzles without all the pieces in hand, etc.) but I seem to be unable to "complete" (as I would consider it) the game at all. When I finished investigating the old house, and Dahlia's spirit/demon/whatever waved her hand over the answering machine and let me hear Mom's real message, the game ended, and told me that it would be continued in a game to be released in Fall of 2014. Huh???? Then I went to the bonus chapter, and that actually seemed to be a continuation of the main game, and got me to the asylum. However, in the smashed recording room, when I installed whatever that device was on the torn wires, THAT game ended. Now it tells me, when I go to "PLAY", that I've completed both the regular game, and the bonus game. I have??? I don't think so. Anyone else encounter this? BTW, I did NOT have any of the loading/lock-up problems so many others here have been detailing, so I guess that's good at least.

howdytwo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by howdytwo on Mar 5, 14 10:40 PM
Re the metal grid on the window: Info says you need a screwdriver - but what is needed to remove the grid is a wrench.

howdytwo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by howdytwo on Mar 5, 14 10:46 PM
Re the hook on the porch: I can't get it. I melted the chain but now cannot get the hook.

Also in the car's seat, the knife won't cut so I can't remove whatever is in there.

Help, please...

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 1:00:47 AM PST

howdytwo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by howdytwo on Mar 6, 14 12:59 AM
Replying to myself: Got the hook. I went to the Guide. Also figured out the knife situation. Whew! Otherwise things are going swimmingly. Pun intended. :-)

[Post New]by cdcollins on Mar 6, 14 2:59 PM
t1llie57 wrote:At the end when the chess pieces are to be north, etc., apparently most people get to skip this puzzle. I don't. I can't figure it out but I can't skip either, Help please!!

I thought I had the same problem but found that if you click on the lower right post then look at the hint doll, you should see the skip sign. Click on that and you are done. I found I was so intent on looking at the compass and exiting the scene that I did not check back at the hint doll to see if I could skip. Of course once you have exited the scene, the only thing showing is the hint.

BTW, that whole puzzle is goofy. The only way to solve it is to go to the right post with the compass first. If you happen to be a wrong one, all the directions are goofy. I ending up just skipping.

[Post New]by seuzibell on Mar 6, 14 7:54 PM
I think this is a tech issue. I am posting the link to my question posted in the forum.

Any help is appreciated. I am not sure how to reset this HOS or if that is even possible. I have even tried going into the Bonus Content to locate the item. Is this just a glitch? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall? HELP?!?!?

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/273421.page

seuzibell wrote:So I completed the HOS in the tree house and I picked up the metallic arrow but it never went into my inventory. I'm stuck. I can't use hints because there are no locations with available action on the map and I have tried entering and exiting the game a few times and even doing the HOS in the Bonus Content section but nothing seems to be working.

Is there anything I can do or is this going to be an uninstall reinstall issue? And if I do that will I lose my progress (I am assuming that I will lose all progress but I was hoping there would be an easier solution.)?

Thanks.

[Post New]by smileycaz17 on Mar 7, 14 6:37 AM
like lots of people on here...sorry, just add me to the list of people having problems. installed and played the demo and I was Hooked...fantastic game. Paid for the full version, installation failed twice just at the very last per cent, and caused my PC and other programmes on it to crash, until I had to wipe the game from my system completely. Now afraid to try to reinstall...can I please have a refund, or, more ideally, a game I can play please???

[Post New]by katnap60 on Mar 8, 14 1:59 AM
True Fear - Forsaken Souls is the most glitch-filled game I have ever unfortunately encountered on BFG. It is not a matter of solving puzzles. Four attempts to play this game, reluctantly all back from the beginning, deliver only - missing items at four different junctures. No hope in hell of finding them on endless backtracking ventures, either.
This is a rip-off game. Save your money; save on your anger management classes. BFG - revamp your quality control section. This was a dog's breakfast.

katnap60

[Post New]by OldIrishfish on Mar 8, 14 10:32 PM
What's up with this? I tried the hour-long trial - purchased the CE game before the end of the trial. Moving along... for about the next 45 minutes and the game stops and advises me to purchase the full version to complete the game. Well, I had already done that and paid $8.78 (?) for it on a special. Sat there till the game loaded the newly purchased game - screen said okay the game belongs to me and I can play it any time... yeah? As soon as I step off the back porch where the rope and pillows are, it again advises me to purchase the full version to complete the game. Am I going to have another hair-pulling adventure with this or do I have to start over and download the whole ##$$$ thing again?

Fix it ASAP &/or give me credit ... also, try the games all the way thru at BF before releasing flawed games to customers who trust you to do the quality control steps before release (along with reviews) to us.

Edited on 03/08/2014 at 10:52:29 PM PST

[Post New]by nancypaul75 on Mar 9, 14 3:24 AM
Can't even play the game! Error Access violation at ox7531585F. Program terminated. What'
s up? Tired of downloading games that don't work!

[Post New]by pleckolover on Mar 9, 14 8:14 AM
Whe I get past the bonus game...the game appears to be ended. I've just gotten to open the doors to the asylum part?

[Post New]by julesmarie on Mar 9, 14 10:43 AM
Heard the 3rd cassette tape and game ended without me being able to go down into the tomb ??? started bonus chapter the game froze I had to force shutdown, then on trying again I have lost all my profile and corrupt disc, had to start from the beginning not happy about that !!!!! oh and its not scary at all.

[Post New]by silverrevlis on Mar 9, 14 12:10 PM
I can't get the faucet to fill the cistern. The guide tells me I'd get it in an HO but I didn't.
I tried reinstalling it, but that didn't do it.

Edited on 03/09/2014 at 12:10:56 PM PST

[Post New]by Hopis70 on Mar 10, 14 9:20 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:Cupboard door in the kitchen will not open. I opened all the drawers and cupboards but the crucial one under the sink won't. I tried the hint button and that tells me it should open. I then looked at the guide and it shows it open. I went back and have clicked all over the door to no avail. I can now go no further.

EXACTLY where I am!

mst66
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by mst66 on Mar 10, 14 10:54 AM
Carolg01 wrote:
ruthkr wrote:Hi,

I had the same issue, but then I realized that you need to pick up the last remaining track piece in a subsequent HOS scene. Then you can go back and finish the mini-game. Frustrating though . . .

Oh duh - I guess I've gotten lazy - I'm used to the games telling me I can't start until I have all of the pieces.. ha ha ha

Thank you SOOOOO much - I am going to go back and try to find it...

[Post New]by gamerBon on Mar 10, 14 3:20 PM
Hey there. I'm sure you have already heard about this issue.

The faucet stem from the children's wardrobe HO is never put into inventory. I am now unable to fill the cistern, and crash down the wall.

*sigh*
Thanks.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Mar 10, 14 8:10 PM
QUITE OF FEW OF THESE SO CALLED "BUGS" ARE NOT "BUGS" IN THE GAME....

THIS IS AN ADVENTURE-STYLE GAME AND YOU HAVE TO HAVE PATIENCE AND GO THROUGH TRIAL AND ERROR TO SOLVE MANY OF THE MYSTERIES IN THE HOUSE AND BONUS CHAPTER.

I HOPE THE DEVELOPERS DO NOT CHANGE THIS... IT IS THE ONLY REASON I ENDED UP ENJOYING THIS GAME... IT DID NOT "SPOON FEED" ALL THE CLUES AND INFO!!

Yup, I SO LIKE ADVENTURE GAMES AND THIS IS ONE... TRY TO SOLVE THE PUZZLES... LOOK AROUND AS IF YOU WOULD HAVE TO IN REAL LIFE!! NO ONE WOULD BE THERE TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING!! : )

btw: I am not shouting [just hoping some fishies read this before posting to weed out some of those thinking the game is 'bugged' yet it's only they haven't tried all their inventory or solved some of the content... and I do realize some fishies actually do have 'bugs'... so don't reply in this regard, please. I am simply saying many of these posts are just because some players aren't playing this as an adventure game first and foremost.

[Post New]by aquis1 on Mar 11, 14 10:22 AM
I am having the same 2 issues as quoted below. I am playing on a iMac. This is the first time I have had any issues with BFG HOP games. It's a great story and I want to finish it. PLEASE FIX THIS!!

It's frustrating not being able to see the bottom of the screen.

I have tried replaying the trunk HOP over 3 times via the menu. It seemed to fix itself but after they gave me the trunk to replay in the main game i am stuck at the point where they have given me the shot gun shells but i have already loaded and used it. I click the hint doll and she doesn't do anything. I am totally stuck. I have gone back through the guide and have not missed anything. I cannot get the winch from the trunk so i can move forward.
HELP!

GreyGhost wrote:I thought I missed something, although I use the map for finding places where things need to be done, but I never did get the winch for the old cemetery tile. I checked the guide (had to go back quite a ways), and I never did get the HOP in the car trunk that gives you the winch. I'm over halfway through (or farther!) and even though I closed the game down (in order to check the forums for help), then went back in when I thought I found the answer, still no HOP in the car trunk, and in fact now none of the scenes have exclamation points meaning something needs to be done there. I've been lucky that the game hasn't crashed on me, but from what I've seen, this game should never have been released until the majority of the bugs were worked out. Guess I'll try deleting it (trashing it) then reloading it, but I'm not happy that I bought the game and now can't finish it. This is the first one in a long time I've had issues with. I'm playing on an iMac, so I know it's not a Windows update causing the issues.

Re ost your TECH ISSUES for True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Mar 2, 14 1:04 PM
Running on Mac OS 6. Can’t see the bottom of the screen, meaning can’t see the bottom row of HOGs. I have adjusted my screen to be as small as possible and it doesn’t help.

plumblsm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by plumblsm on Mar 11, 14 1:58 PM
I've had basically the same problem as below. I can play for about 20 minutes then the total slow down. I've learned to exit and try again, it starts out OK, but slows down again. When I eventually do exit I usually get a message that it crashed, even though there didn't seem a problem. I'm running MAC OS X Mavericks, so maybe, as mentioned before it's not 100% compatiable...too bad, it was so nice to play a game that wasn't a fantasy awash in purple and teal.

sfr8rfan wrote:I installed the game for the hourlong trial
a. Not long after I began the game crashed and I restarted. No alarms yet.
b. After playing for a couple minutes the second crash happened. First alarm goes off.
c. After returning from the second crash I could no longer move my mouse without left clicking. My trackpad doesn't work at all. A second alarm is added.

As soon as I leave the game everything is fine with my mouse...as I type this my mouse is working perfectly.

In the past I've encountered problems because the game I was playing, even though it was a new game, was not compatible with the latest Mac Operating system. I wonder if that's the case here?

I'll be very disappointed if it is.
I'm going to extract the game and re-install it. I'm guessing I will lose the remaining 57 minutes of trial period. That will bug m a lot and I will not buy this game if this happens...but I'm getting ahead of myself... I will report back soon...

Go to: