Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by strictly2leftfe on Jun 1, 14 8:24 AM
chocovelvet wrote:Hi All

I've recently moved to Level 15 and I can't purchase any objects with my diamonds. The game freezes and I have to break out of the game using Task Manager. This has never happened before. I've deleted the game and re-installed but still happening. It doesn't matter what object I try to buy - the game freezes and I have to re-start. I'm not sure if it's just Level 15 - this was working fine yesterday but not today - anyone else having this issue?
I'm using the PC version on Windows 7

Hi chocovelvet,
Just a heads up on the fact this is a thread for technical issues on the iOS platform. Technical issues for the PC platform have a different/separate thread. You may get your issue noticed better by the technical team if you copy it to the PC Technical Issues thread.

[Post New]by strictly2leftfe on Jun 1, 14 8:26 AM
eastendteddy wrote:HI Ken,
A lot of us had that problem ,, you can hit Ctrl Alt and delete all together and it will bring up the windows Task Manager ..
click End Task then X it out
Cap.Teddy

Not on the iOs platform, you can't!

[Post New]by strictly2leftfe on Jun 1, 14 8:34 AM
Please, PLEase, PLEASE BFG, make the feature to "Connect to Facebook" work on the iOS platform. To add insult to injury the last update (29th May) added an icon to the main screen to connect to Facebook, which of course fails. If this feature isn't to be included on this platform, I would rather you remove the "offer" to connect, even if its only temporary until you get it fixed. It would save players constantly complaining about it. Thank you in anticipation.......

[Post New]by BeccaRice on Jun 1, 14 10:35 AM
It seems that whenever I try to complete an achievement the game crashes I got the 5th gold box the game crashed, I got my 30th daily task completed it crashed, I can't complete achievements without the game freezing then turning itself off then when I restart it it goes back to the moment before I completed. I'm on an iPad

[Post New]by lisa_m_a on Jun 1, 14 11:28 AM
I'm having the same problem- in addition the game wiped a gems purchase as though I hadn't purchased them. Considering deleting the game.

dearabbi
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dearabbi on Jun 1, 14 11:32 AM
I have two problems. First when I click on a location, there is no list of things to find and the items to be found in that location are not in the picture. I usually can play just fine if I reboot my computer. This is time consuming. Today it didn't work, I still had no list.
Second, when I get 5 flowers the coins don't always drop. This happened three times yesterday and first collection today.

Dmack04
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Dmack04 on Jun 1, 14 8:38 PM
Ever since the IOS update my game keeps crashing when I : try to feed my pet, try to craft any item. Also, when I gift people I don't get a card. So I am stuck and can't move forward. i360398

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jun 2, 14 10:45 AM
Hiya,

Thank you so much for taking the time to describe the trouble that you've been having with the most recent update to Midnight Castle.

I sincerely apologise for the trouble and I would like to assure you that all of the details are being collected and sent to the teams responsible for Midnight Castle for further investigation.

As soon as we know more we will absolutely keep you all updated.

bfgMurrumbidgee

redcathie
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by redcathie on Jun 2, 14 11:26 AM
Hello, I am at the point where I am ready to win my 50th item at the gaming table. Whenever I "win" (whether on the first or second roll of the dice) I get a terrible whining, humming noise that I think is the achievement alarm trying to sound and then the game crashes back to the home screen.

I have tried quitting the game, clicking the home button twice and clearing the game from memory and I have also tried shutting the iPad down completely but the same thing happens over and over again.

It's actually not so much the 50th win I am worried about but the fact that playing the gaming table features in many of the daily quests.

I am playing on a iPad air iOS 7.1.1(11D201)

Mostly I have had zero problems playing the game. Every once in awhile a room comes up without the list of objects to find but closing and clearing from memory has always taken care of that without any loss of progress or position in the game.

Any and all help is cheerfully welcome!

Redcathie

dhale15
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dhale15 on Jun 2, 14 1:04 PM
Continuous crash on ipad since new update. Can't feed pet, can't send shipment. I was really enjoying the game.

Oh, is there any way to lighten the screen on an ipad? Many of the scenes are sooooo dark.

Edited on 06/02/2014 at 1:12:12 PM PST

[Post New]by sweethartrose on Jun 2, 14 8:00 PM
My game keep cashing trying to receive my reward for Dailey reward. The big load sound with it too. It achievement award. The achievement is how many Dailey quest I did. ( iPad Air)
Next day. I can't get any where that I have achievement coming. It keep crashing. Can
I delete and redownload without starting over ? It might come to is stop playing until you can fix it.

Edited on 06/03/2014 at 5:29:04 AM PST

[Post New]by strictly2leftfe on Jun 3, 14 12:26 AM
dhale15 wrote:Continuous crash on ipad since new update. Can't feed pet, can't send shipment. I was really enjoying the game.

Oh, is there any way to lighten the screen on an ipad? Many of the scenes are sooooo dark.

I haven't had any such problems on my iPad after the update, maybe if you delete and re-download the game, it would help - I understand from other posts this will not affect your game status, but I haven't personal experience of doing that.

As to the dark screen - I assume you have the brightness slider in "Brightness and Wallpaper" in the "Settings" app turned up to maximum?

[Post New]by Aurora_Leigh on Jun 3, 14 8:16 AM
Hi, can anyone help?
The game keeps crashing, I think the reason is it's trying to complete two achievements at once: the superstar and any other achievement I'm completing as it has done it with two separate achievements (the focus one and the pet one)
I get the achievement sound but as soon as it starts the sound goes funny, the screen freezes and then goes black taking me to my home screen.
Not sure what to do as I can't do any HOS's until it's fixed, any suggestions???
Thanks

[Post New]by sweethartrose on Jun 3, 14 10:54 AM
Before I delete and reinstall this game. I need know if my process will still be there?
I'm going stop playing this game until you fix this. I can't get any where . Only going in the game to gift my friends.

Edited on 06/03/2014 at 9:59:04 PM PST

dhale15
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dhale15 on Jun 3, 14 2:02 PM
"Strictly2leftfe wrote:
As to the dark screen - I assume you have the brightness slider in "Brightness and Wallpaper" in the "Settings" app turned up to maximum? "

Oh my goodness, I am a moron! I did not realize I had turned it down.
That helps tremendously. Now I am learning to play all over again, things look so different - ha ha!

Thank you!

But game still crashed and kicks me out when I try to feed pet, launch ship, as well as other times.
I'm not convinced I won't lose progress, so I will wait for a fix.

Edited on 06/03/2014 at 2:03:04 PM PST

Raven_P
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_P on Jun 3, 14 2:35 PM
I am having problems with the Broken Statue scene not populating. I have to force quit and launch the game several times before the scene gives me a list and items. Please fix this!!!!

[Post New]by DragonflyWoods on Jun 3, 14 6:43 PM
This may be the same problem as the others. I've tried to complete the "craft 30 items in 30 minutes" acheivement. Crashed while trying to create 30th item. Tried 5 times. Playing on ipad. i147885 DragonFly

crisgori
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by crisgori on Jun 4, 14 3:25 AM
The Help pages are not helping at all! The technical issues are still there.
Furthermore: WHY the majority of the codes I'm trying to add today are "no matches"?

Myndee
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Myndee on Jun 4, 14 9:55 AM
Within the last hour, whenever I click on a flower, the game freezes. I have completely shut down the game on iPad and even rebooted my iPad but the same thing is happening. The rest of the game so far is playing fine.

Update: after seeing some other posts I went and checked --- I have 9,998 flowers and it crashes after I hit the 2nd flower. So it is related to same achievement problem others are having.

Edited on 06/04/2014 at 10:01:32 AM PST

[Post New]by BeccaRice on Jun 4, 14 10:43 AM
Anyone else having problems with the card game? It used to let me have 3 goes free but today only let me have 1 then said I ran out of free attempts and it's still locking me out when I get an achievement.

Go to: