Where are we all from?

Suede46
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Re:Where are we all from?

[Post New]by Suede46 on Mar 23, 14 2:32 PM
cynththemoler wrote:Susie, my Mum was really Hilda May - known as May, but Dad always called her Maisie; she died last year 28th March - she had had Alzheimer's type dementia, I looked after her for 20 years; Dad too for the first 7. Miss them both. Strange coincidences though eh?

We will all have to met up for a coffee somewhere!

Cynth, I would love to meet up with you. Perhaps Truro would be the best place, unless you would prefer somewhere else. I feel quite excited now!

[Post New]by ADELINAB1 on Mar 23, 14 3:01 PM
Hi Im from London UK

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 23, 14 3:16 PM
Suede46 wrote:
cynththemoler wrote:Susie, my Mum was really Hilda May - known as May, but Dad always called her Maisie; she died last year 28th March - she had had Alzheimer's type dementia, I looked after her for 20 years; Dad too for the first 7. Miss them both. Strange coincidences though eh?

We will all have to met up for a coffee somewhere!

Cynth, I would love to meet up with you. Perhaps Truro would be the best place, unless you would prefer somewhere else. I feel quite excited now!

Not used to going out, last 5 years of Mum's life she was in bed all the time. Will PM you!

Figgy49
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Figgy49 on Mar 23, 14 3:21 PM
Hi I'm Lynn from Calgary Alberta (aka Maralynn). It is 4 pm on a very cold day. Doesn't feel much like or look like Spring. Good time to be indoors and playing games on the old machine,

Just finished reading the posts and I'm amazed at the international crowd playing this game.

SARAHBEE
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by SARAHBEE on Mar 23, 14 3:27 PM
Hi Adelinab1, I believe we are friends in the castle I play as SarahWasSarah28933
It is very nice to meet you, that goes for Mrs Puzzler (Karen), skell169 (Rona)and Fishpole (TeeCee) as well
Thanks for helping feed my pets

Thank you to EVERYONE who has already posted and for those of you who just look (I can see there is a lot of you) come and take a dip in our ever expanding pond (or maybe that should be moat as we are at a castle!) we don't bite - well the Cornish Piskies might if you try and pinch their pasties (A Cornish delicacy not something that a scantily clad lady would wear as a friend of mine thought on a visit over here)

Sarah

Edited on 03/23/2014 at 3:30:02 PM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 23, 14 3:50 PM
SARAHBEE wrote:
Thank you to EVERYONE who has already posted and for those of you who just look (I can see there is a lot of you) come and take a dip in our ever expanding pond (or maybe that should be moat as we are at a castle!) we don't bite - well the Cornish Piskies might if you try and pinch their pasties (A Cornish delicacy not something that a scantily clad lady would wear as a friend of mine thought on a visit over here)

Sarah

Sarah, thanks for the explanation for those who may not be Anglophiles! I've read a book series where there's a cafe called The Nasty Pasty. Not sure I'd want to try them if that was the only option lol. Good rule of thumb - never pinch anything from a piskie

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 23, 14 5:12 PM
Hi All,

Glad to see we are so wide & varied. We know where to go for holidays now.

Would love to see you all in beautiful Tasmania.

Convention anyone?

Where are the rest of the Aussies, there must be more than 3 of us or have I miscounted. I have counted one who is not in this thread

Cheers,

Sue

AKA Trixie Belle, Bondi Girl, Katoomba Kitten & Marius14

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 23, 14 5:25 PM
Ok...now I'm curious....what is a Cornish Piskie?

kittensnlace
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kittensnlace on Mar 23, 14 5:38 PM
Hi All,
I'm from the USA, winter in Central Florida and Summer in Central Massachusetts. Best of both worlds.

I play as SKITSA and my number is 64709.

I try to send out gifts to all my "friends" so feel free to add me, Right now I'm pretty much playing a holding game while I try to finish two quests so I'm accumulating a lot of things in inventory and would be glad to share with everyone.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 23, 14 5:54 PM
awalkinglady wrote:Ok...now I'm curious....what is a Cornish Piskie?

As far as I know (not being Cornish) it is what would be called a pixie or fairy elsewhere. One of the little folk who can bestow luck or mayhem on you depending on their whim of the moment.

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on Mar 23, 14 7:06 PM
I'm Kate playing as Pagan...and I may add something after that name, since I just found out that there are two other Pagans.

I'm presently living in Southern Arizona, Tucson, actually, but was born, bred, and spent most of my life in Illinois...about thirty minutes south of I-70 near the Indiana/Illinois border...so an extra hello to the others from Illinois. I'm glad to see the mid-west so very well represented. We're a friendly bunch, and I'm sure the horrendous winter you've had has kept a lot of you inside more than you'd like. Oddly enough, here in Arizona, it has been an exceptionally warm winter...mostly seventies and eighties...we've already even hit the nineties and our pool never fell under sixty-eight degrees, which is very, very unusual, because we can get some very cold nights here in the desert. Forties for most of this winter though, so it seems that everyone's weather around the world has been topsy-turvy this year. It would be nice if we could end our drought, so if some of you that have all the extra precip would just send some our way, that would be much appreciated. (Yes, you can have a drought in a desert. lol.)

It is 6:59 pm on Sunday the twenty-third of March. And we don't change time in Arizona so, we don't get that extra hour of daylight. It drives me crazy because I always expect it to stay light later than it does...and after living here for five years you would think that I would have gotten used to it. Not! Not to mention it means always having to think about just exactly what time it is in Illinois depending on what time of year it is! Grrr. Oh, well, such is life's little curve balls.

See you in the Castle,

Pagan Twylight a.k.a. Kate

RM2008
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by RM2008 on Mar 23, 14 11:40 PM
I'm Rose and live outside of Austin TX. Originally from Germany married a Texan. Love to live in this beautiful state. Been enjoying the game, it is 1:38 am and I just finished reading the posts. I play as RM2008. Happy gaming, hopefully that games will last a long time. My number is 58126

Edited on 03/23/2014 at 11:42:22 PM PST

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 24, 14 12:09 AM
rosiebvt wrote:
awalkinglady wrote:Ok...now I'm curious....what is a Cornish Piskie?

As far as I know (not being Cornish) it is what would be called a pixie or fairy elsewhere. One of the little folk who can bestow luck or mayhem on you depending on their whim of the moment.

With piskies it is more often the mayhem!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 28, 14 7:02 PM
Bringing this to the front for charlieisr.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 28, 14 8:08 PM
THANK YOU LIZZIEK

I FORGOT TO ADD, I AM FROM COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO USA.

Edited on 03/30/2014 at 10:14:55 PM PST

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 29, 14 5:30 AM
Hi Charlieisr! I've been to Colorado Springs, CO for a wedding and I thought it was such gorgeous country. Of course, anything different from flat farm land looks beautiful to me. What I did like is how energetic I felt after a few days of thin air. Driving back home to Illinois felt like swimming through the air when we got to Nebraska and all the way home.

What a difference between the two areas. One felt crisp and clean and where I live feels heavy and humid. I've always wanted to move to Colorado. Maybe some day...

eazycamz
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by eazycamz on Mar 29, 14 9:48 AM
Hi all

This is a fantastic idea...I have been away on holiday and just got back. I am Ronel from Cape Town in South Africa. It is 18h45pm and I am stuck with a quest for Skull Pete.

Well...Happy gaming and nice to meet ya'll.

[Post New]by Cinnamon8214 on Mar 29, 14 10:11 AM
Hi Everyone,
I am from Michigan, USA; 29th of March, at 1:10 p.m. Love playing the game.

SARAHBEE
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by SARAHBEE on Mar 29, 14 10:14 AM
Welcome eazycamz, I think you are our first participant from the African continent, hope you had a good holiday and don't let Skull Pete get the better of you

Welcome also to CHARLIEISR yet another of my friends in the castle where I play as SarahWasSarah28933

AnnaDownes01 I would love to join you for a convention in Tasmania - tell me when and I'll come knocking at your door

Sarah

W123
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by W123 on Mar 29, 14 10:38 AM
It's very interesting to see people are playing this game around the world. My name is Wanda and I love in Chandler located near Phoenix, Arizona, USA. It's 10:38 AM on March 29, 2014. I play as "A Friend" number 72183. Game on!

Edited on 03/29/2014 at 10:43:54 AM PST

Go to: