Re:Post your Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by DevonS32 on Jul 8, 14 10:04 AM
all clocks randomly went to ridiculously high time limits. items that should take 2 minutes went to over 3000 hours

ReikiRose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post your Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by ReikiRose on Jul 10, 14 12:37 PM
I leave the game open when I am at home so dishes can cook and I can go back and serve them, only closing the game when I am out for a while or am playing another Big Fish game for a while.
Twice now, the PC has restarted itself after an update when the game was open and I lost several levels, progress, items purchased, bucks, coins, popularity, etc. The first time was 20 levels and Big Fish refunded the amount of real $ spent that was lost and the second was last night. I left the game running so when I got up during the night (as I do sometimes) I could serve a dish I left cooking that was to complete a challenge. But nearing the end (I was on Level 50) I am not ready to redo my progress yet again. And I have a job now! (yay!)
Anyone else have this problem? I didn't realize there was a difference between LogOut and Quit until I read one of the posts.
Thanks.

P.S. about the Fish Tacos (I also lost the progress on that challenge when I left them in the oven and quit to play a game and the challenge was gone when I returned). I finally bought the boost when it was on sale to shorten the cooking time and it has made a difference in the challenges.

bruegel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bruegel on Jul 11, 14 8:12 PM
Just lost all my progress. I was in somewhere on the 30s on levels. First Antique crashed, but all I lost was my experience. Then Archie fully crashed and I had to restart. I am not doing that again.

[Post New]by frustrated_21 on Jul 12, 14 1:42 PM
Has anyone figured out how to get your missing bucks back? I just started the game Thursday, July 10, 2014 and everything was just great. I was really enjoying the game. So, Friday, July 11th, I decided to purchase some buck because I didn't have any. I started off with the small purchases $1.39 for 10 bucks ( I did this 5 times) and everything was still going great. I up my purchase once to $3.49 and continued to have a good time. I was still able to continue where I left off without having to log-in.Finally, last night, July 11th, I paid $13.99 for 100 bucks; but when I opened the game this morning, Saturday, July 12th all my bucks were going and for the first time I was asked to log-in and when I did, I was back at the beginning of the game. I don't mind starting over, but I refuse to lose the $13.99 that I had just paid. I have spent a total of $24.34 but I will forgo the previous purchases of $10.44 since I was still able to continue where I left off; but I want either my $13.99 or my 72 bucks back that was available to me when I quit the game last night.

ReikiRose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Where is storage?

[Post New]by ReikiRose on Aug 6, 14 8:43 PM
Witchy55 wrote:The game told me that I had earned a free counter and that it was put in my storage. I can't find the storage though. Where IS storage?

It is where you buy things. If your counter is in "storage", click on the counters icon in the store and your storage will show along with what is available to buy. For example, I may have 2 green counters in storage and can buy a marble counter.

ReikiRose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ReikiRose on Aug 6, 14 8:45 PM
frustrated_21 wrote:Has anyone figured out how to get your missing bucks back? I just started the game Thursday, July 10, 2014 and everything was just great. I was really enjoying the game. So, Friday, July 11th, I decided to purchase some buck because I didn't have any. I started off with the small purchases $1.39 for 10 bucks ( I did this 5 times) and everything was still going great. I up my purchase once to $3.49 and continued to have a good time. I was still able to continue where I left off without having to log-in.Finally, last night, July 11th, I paid $13.99 for 100 bucks; but when I opened the game this morning, Saturday, July 12th all my bucks were going and for the first time I was asked to log-in and when I did, I was back at the beginning of the game. I don't mind starting over, but I refuse to lose the $13.99 that I had just paid. I have spent a total of $24.34 but I will forgo the previous purchases of $10.44 since I was still able to continue where I left off; but I want either my $13.99 or my 72 bucks back that was available to me when I quit the game last night.

Hopefully, you have opened a ticket on this.
Big Fish returned some of my money when this game crashed and I was able to copy lines from my online credit card statement into a help ticket. I had lost several levels and spent some money on things that were no longer visible because the game started at a lower level than it was before the crash.

ReikiRose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ReikiRose on Aug 6, 14 8:51 PM
Witchy55 wrote:I use Windows 7 on a PC. When I checked in this morning, one of the Daily Demands was for Fish Tacos. I was already selling them because I had some from the night before. I put out all 6 ovens and started making Fish Tacos.

When I checked in again a little later, the Daily Demand for Fish Tacos had disappeared!!!

I have enough Fish Tacos already on the counters and in the oven to get the $20 green bucks promised.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!! I've read over a dozen posts (including a few here in the "Technical Issues Here Only!" forum) complaining about the same problem. You have NEVER posted a reply to ANY of them, so I can't fix it myself.

I've included a Dr. Felix Report to help you FIX THIS!

I've gotten a promise from Tech Support that this is going to the developers.
The only way I have gotten this to work is to follow someone else's suggestion of leaving the game open. I lose the challenge when I quit the game to play another Big Fish game (and I lose login points on other games I am playing), but it has worked at least 1x for me. I am trying it again tonight, but am hesitant because I have automatic updates turned on and I lost levels the last time that happened. I guess I should try and find where that is, but am concerned the machine will ask for a restart and that is when I lose levels. I am thinking the game should automatically save when you quit but have not received a good reply on that request.

[Post New]by Vanilla1 on Sep 4, 14 11:51 AM
Every free to play game I have played through big fish has updated and started me completely over from the beginning! It takes my money gold and silver my levels, everything I am sick of it! Fix it and replace my everything, or I will never play one again in life and post his all over Facebook. That's cooking academy farm up , Archie riverdale rescue I tired of starting from the beginning of these games how will I ever see the end of them if they keep restarting on me?

[Post New]by Vanilla1 on Sep 4, 14 11:52 AM
Vanilla1 wrote:Every free to play game I have played through big fish has updated and started me completely over from the beginning! It takes my money gold and silver my levels, everything I am sick of it! Fix it and replace my everything, or I will never play one again in life and post his all over Facebook. That's cooking academy farm up , Archie riverdale rescue I tired of starting from the beginning of these games how will I ever see the end of them if they keep restarting on me?

Arachnea
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Arachnea on Oct 19, 14 11:09 PM
I don't think this has been addressed yet:

When I meet 2 daily demands during the night, when I wake up, I get only the reward for one. Which is very upsetting when the second daily demand was a lot of work and 8 or 16 bucks worth .

The first times, I didn't pay much attention to it. But now, I carefully write down the number of bucks I have before going to bed and I really get only one reward, when I'm absolutely sure I've done the second one too.

Please, look into it. Until then, I won't work on two if I can't meet the demand on the first daily demand before going to bed...

Edited on 10/19/2014 at 11:10:08 PM PST

password recovery - recovery of in-game purchase?

[Post New]by susiejane9 on Oct 24, 14 7:40 PM
After a crash and "Fatal Error" I have lost my progress. I have no idea what my password was. Can it be recovered? If I can't recover my progress I'd really love to be able to recover my in-game purchase of the "Speedy Kitchen" boost. It really makes the game much more fun and I'd hate to have to spend money on it again.

[Post New]by MissM_NL on Oct 29, 14 12:07 PM
Arachnea wrote:I don't think this has been addressed yet:

When I meet 2 daily demands during the night, when I wake up, I get only the reward for one. Which is very upsetting when the second daily demand was a lot of work and 8 or 16 bucks worth .

The first times, I didn't pay much attention to it. But now, I carefully write down the number of bucks I have before going to bed and I really get only one reward, when I'm absolutely sure I've done the second one too.

Please, look into it. Until then, I won't work on two if I can't meet the demand on the first daily demand before going to bed...

Yes, I've noticed exactly the same since about a week! First, I thought maybe I did the math wrong and didn't have enough food on the counters, but I know for sure now that both demands should be completed correctly.

I put enough food out, quit the game but leave my computer on standby. Next time I activate the game, only one reward is given. Very frustrating!

[Post New]by labrodor on Oct 31, 14 1:10 PM
Does anyone have the same problem of there being plenty of seating space, yet a customer grabs a plate of food, a full heart goes up and then they get angry and a broken heart comes up and takes a way a heart from my popularity then they leave the restaurant holding the dish?

It is really annoying as I don't know why!!

Thanks

Andreea_A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Andreea_A on Oct 31, 14 1:32 PM
Hi!
Something weird is happing today. I have a lot of dishes, my heart level is good 133/133, I have 8 empty tables. And the customers are coming in, they are getting the food, theheart is appairing, and after that, the heart is broken and they leave without eating or paying, with the plate in their hands. Is really weird.
Does somebody have an answer about why is this happening and how I can change it back to normal? Thanks

[Post New]by labrodor on Oct 31, 14 1:39 PM
Andreea_A wrote:Hi!
Something weird is happing today. I have a lot of dishes, my heart level is good 133/133, I have 8 empty tables. And the customers are coming in, they are getting the food, theheart is appairing, and after that, the heart is broken and they leave without eating or paying, with the plate in their hands. Is really weird.
Does somebody have an answer about why is this happening and how I can change it back to normal? Thanks

I have the same problem (see message above)

I have no idea how to sort it but I hope it is fixed soon.

Andreea_A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Andreea_A on Oct 31, 14 1:52 PM
Sorry, I have seen your message just after posting. The problem is that I have a lot of food and is bad to be waisted. I will log off, when I am log off the game stops. When I just hit quit, the game is still working offline. Maybe it will be fix soon. I am not sure since when is this problem. And it will be nice to get our money for the food which has been waisted like this.
Thanks and sorry for posting the same thing as you. We are waiting for a quick fix.

[Post New]by puppydawgs on Oct 31, 14 4:19 PM

I'm having the same problem and sure hope it's fixed soon and it's not a trick they are playing on us \
Happy Halloween

doylebaby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by doylebaby on Oct 31, 14 6:09 PM
puppydawgs wrote:

I'm having the same problem and sure hope it's fixed soon and it's not a trick they are playing on us \
Happy Halloween

This happened to me too. Most of the day everthing was normal, but this evening all customers are losing hearts and leave.
What's going on?

[Post New]by Tam275 on Oct 31, 14 6:38 PM
I'm having the same problem. Customers are perfectly happy, but leave with my food. I need the coins! I cleared the table of other customers' coins, and that seemed to help a little bit, but customers are still leaving with food.

JB58
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by JB58 on Nov 1, 14 2:09 AM
Hi, really weird, happened to me too. I took away all of the cheapest tables and it stopped!!! I thought there was an issue with space for the customers so I got rid of the tables that does not give any value and all of a sudden - back to normal. Very strange. Not sure if this will work for others.....

Go to: