bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 12, 14 3:37 PM
Hi imchallengergirl,

I'm sorry to hear that there's some trouble with downloading the game. Just in case you find it useful, you may want to give the following help articles a try:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed
Reinstall a Purchased Game

If that still doesn't work, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help. They can also help you with getting a replacement game if troubleshooting steps don't work.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by piixii8 on Jan 3, 15 6:15 PM
In Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Standard Edition:

I am so stuck on the wall map and the inventory not opening, so that I can use the dictation machine to hear the detective talk about places on the map...I've tried different settings, locking and unlocking the inventory, the inventory will not open. Is there any fix for this? There is no where else that I need to do anything. I'm loving the game and hope there is a solution to this problem? Yes, I have installed the batteries into the dictation machine, and all I heard was something like go to the map and then it dropped down into the inventory.

I really don't want to have to uninstall and then reinstall the game.

Help!

[Post New]by BungoBacko on Mar 17, 15 8:52 PM
Is there a solution for this? I am having the exact same trouble.

[Post New]by dewannalindo on Mar 21, 15 9:32 AM
I finished the game with no issues. I can not find the bonus chapter! Where is it?

[Post New]by cabishop51 on Jul 27, 15 10:51 AM
On Liberty Street I can't give the record book so I am stuck! How do I get past this?

Can't get Mardi Gras pass in chapter 3 - bug in HOG

[Post New]by Calpol56 on Oct 23, 15 2:17 PM

Can't get Mardi Gras pass in chapter 3 - bug in HOG

I'm in the suitcase HOG. The lighter won't light the heart shaped candle. I contacted Big Fish and asked for help, they referred me to the FAQs! I uninstalled the game, reinstalled and played the game through to the same point. Same problem. I can't get past this stage.
Any suggestions? If not, a refund would be in order I believe.

[Post New]by msauter7 on Jan 2, 16 10:09 PM
Betrayal and Death are my consuming thoughts at this moment having tried, trashing, reloading, re-downloading, trashing, 5 notes to Big Fish - the most unreachable marketing place to date - other than true scam sites. Cadenza just doesn't want or refuses to play. Attempts to get the super duper service that Big Fish game states so grandly on their home page have failed miserably. I have been buying games from them for at least ten years it seems and only had a problem once before when they still had a phone and actually did give service to their customers. Guess I'll just have to make time to complain to the BBB. Probably most of us don't because the cost is small, but I wonder just how much money they have made on this non-playable game.

[Post New]by msauter7 on Jan 2, 16 10:13 PM
I forgot to add that there has been absolutely no response to my requests for help from Big Fish. All emails have been totally ignored. At age 80 I am not the most listerate computer person on the planet. A little help by phone at this point would really be appreciated you guys.

[Post New]by anneframboise on May 3, 16 3:22 AM
Hello, noway to open the game ! It opens 1/2 second and closes. On mac 10.11.4. Have payed for it :-(

[Post New]by anneframboise on Jun 7, 16 9:01 AM
Noway to open the game. Have uninstalled it and installed a new one... but problem is not solved. What can I do ? I'm on imac os 10.11.5

jkocz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by jkocz on Sep 1, 16 11:06 AM
For those of you that can't get the game to launch, I also had the same issue. And as many of you, my computer more than meets the requirements of the game and I have the most updated driver available from my laptop manufacturer. I rarely have issues with Big Fish games. Well...this one would give me a black screen with a frozen cursor and then the notorious Access Violation error. I went to the Windows Event viewer, which will log all of your application errors, to see if I could see more specific info. The info was non-specific. However, I kept trying the standard troubleshooting suggestions and trying to launch the game, to no avail. However, finally the event viewer showed which file was at fault. It was in my case the atioglxx.dll file...which is my ATI graphics Open GL driver. This issue occurred once before with the game "Fright." I emailed the folks at ATI and they suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the driver from the laptop manufacturer. They indicated that certain Windows updates (.NET and C++ Framework) can impact the driver files functionality. I did this for the game "Fright" in Aug 2014, and the game worked! So...getting that same error in the event viewer and noting that Windows had updated the .NET and C++ framework since 2014, I once again uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics driver. Now the Cadenza game is working just fine. So...I recommend folks check their event viewers when they get game error messages as it just may point the way to the faulting issue.

Go to: