Mitzy12
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Whispered Legends: Tales of Middleport here

[Post New]by Mitzy12 on Jun 14, 14 8:14 AM
You have to find a magnet to put on the end of the fishing rod then you will be able to retrieve the boxes from the water, I think I got the magnet from a hidden object game

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Jun 14, 14 10:54 AM
Just as I was thinking of buying the game it froze and it looks as though it is not me....I checked my mouse, my keyboard, had to CTL/ALT/DEL to get out of the game.....It was a good game too. If it gets fixed maybe I will give it another go, but these glitches are really unacceptable.....

[Post New]by hummingbird06 on Jun 14, 14 4:40 PM
I'm doing the demo, and have same problem with frozen screen. Blue mist swirling in an archway, hint button revolving, but nothing is active, not even the Menu button.

I didn't buy it, so I don't feel like the install/reinstall hassle. I'll just wait for an update, I guess. Just wanted BFG to know it failed again.

And everything's up to date. Win 7 64-bit, all updates done, drivers newly reinstalled.

annebil
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by annebil on Jun 15, 14 2:36 AM
annebil wrote:
evaree wrote:Same problem. Game freezes with a skip option at the top.

Same for me.

I have no problems when I am not using the map, started over the Third time.

[Post New]by moonfish1956 on Jun 15, 14 7:05 AM
What on earth is going on with Big Fish and their CS team? Not that I expect an answer as they seem to think that the usual stock reply of get in touch with the Tech Team, reinstall, change your game profile - actually given to us NOT by Big Fish but one of their customers! - etc. to be adequate. I too have the same freezing problem (WIn 8.1 64bit, drivers up to date) as so many other of us fishies.
The real issue here is the quality of service we are having to endure since all was automated, i.e. no live chat, no real time interaction with a tech person, no chat room where we might see the real extent of the lack of CS. Too much time and effort seems to have been put into the "free games" side of things to the detriment of us "old school" members. We don't even know if a fix will be forthcoming.
I am confident the silence will be deafening

Alana
aka - a VERY disgruntled fishie

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Jun 15, 14 10:13 AM
Hy, I have a problem with the game, there is no voiceovers, just for the greeting and nothing else, it is a no buy for me because I like voiceovers in a game. I hope you can fix this because it seems like a nice game. Thank you

[Post New]by hopuzzle on Jun 15, 14 11:19 AM
add me to the list - games froze after 30 min. same screen, purple cloud in top left, tiger next to it, skip top right.....nothing works. i uninstalled game and the game manger - reinstalled and changed names of player, same creeen froze again. Downloaded game onto a different pc, and same sceeen froze again. emailed bf, waiting for reply.

[Post New]by caregiver62 on Jun 16, 14 10:06 PM
I've had the same problem as everyone else...but I seem to have had problems on all the 90min trials...has bf responded to any complaints..i know i haven't heard back from them .. too bad I was enjoying the game

sn665
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sn665 on Jun 17, 14 12:24 AM
86 complaints on technical problems on this game and no response except check out our site game freezing. No It's been 6 days. No fix, Big Fish is in a big pond and the water is starting to smell fowl . Since they are making big bucks on the gambling games selling coins, they don't care about their loyal customers. I think they have a new owner or someone new came in. The first sign. We no longer give a punch credit for your free game punch card redemption. Have any of you who complained gotten a response?

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 17, 14 11:33 AM
Well, there is suppose to be a fix today, but I haven't seen it yet. So much for that!

LUCKYMOL
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by LUCKYMOL on Jun 18, 14 1:20 AM
I had the same problem with the hint button stopping to work along with everything else. I removed the game and downloaded it again and signed on using a new profile. I got further than the first time but now the hint button has stopped working again. The game doesn't seem to be frozen, I just don't know what to do next. I think I am almost at the end. I am where the kidnapped townsfolk are chained up and don't know what to do.
I read that as of 6-17-14 the bugs had been worked out and to look for "updates" on the left side of my BF app. Nope. I then used the gear in upper right and manually checked for updates, nope. Says nothing to up date. I have even rebooted my computer with same results.
This game has been very frustrating from the beginning.

Cynkee
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Two profiles, two times stopping with no response

[Post New]by Cynkee on Jun 18, 14 8:27 AM
As with so many others, I have purchased this game and now, with two different profiles, am sitting outside the fortune teller's wagon with the SKIP showing, but no response to any click anywhere. Running on a Mac - is there a fix for this yet? (And no, I didn't use the map to get there)

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Jun 18, 14 8:45 AM
Wow! I was sure I was the only one to have a frozen screen, but when I came to this post....there are so many that this has happened to. It is a shame, because I was really enjoying the game. It froze at the same place as others...the gypsy wagon and the only thing moving was the purple smoke. Weird. I had to C-A-D to get out of the game. Tried again a couple days later and same result. Too bad. I would have purchased this game. Instead I uninstalled it. Time for a fix, me thinks!

JennyPerry
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by JennyPerry on Jun 20, 14 9:53 AM
I have tried to play 3 times. Installed, uninstalled etc etc.
Please can we have a fix ?

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jun 20, 14 11:03 PM
annebil wrote:
annebil wrote:

Same for me.

I have no problems when I am not using the map, started over the Third time.

Same for me also with 'skip' in upper right corner...nothing responded so I had to close it in control panel and used Win7 to delete it...I am re-downloading it now.

[Post New]by nadineforce on Jun 22, 14 11:20 AM
whimperx wrote:Was enjoying this game but cannot retrieve the metal boxes in the water. Fishing rod is in place, hunt points to the cane, but trying to use the cane with the rod or elsewhere does not work. I cannot get past this scene, so the game is done! Very disappointed and would like a refund!

Mine keeps calling for the rope ladder but it doesn't work

LadySorcha
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by LadySorcha on Aug 5, 14 3:04 PM
I'm having the same issues as these other players. Playing fine , then BAM! Frozen screen and the skip appears etc. Come on Big Fish! You used to be such a good site. Yes, I totally agree, they expect you to jump through hoops when there is an issue. We are not the tech experts here! Seems everything is having tech issues lately. I'm sick of it. I too had to Alt Ctrl Delete to shut it down. Should not be happening! Where is the respect for the loyal players ?
I've lost one game because a update download would not download. Other games will not download or start to and just stall.... But that is another issue.

Bernie79
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Bernie79 on Aug 12, 14 2:11 AM
This game so many problems. Hint button takes me to the cemetary - but doesn't work after that. Big Fish Techs need to work on the problems of this game rather than making a new games every day

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 14, 14 7:12 AM

same here!

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Sep 7, 14 12:30 PM
Me too!

qpr1 wrote:

same here!

Edited on 09/07/2014 at 12:30:38 PM PST

Go to: