manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by manticore on Jul 13, 14 3:22 PM
Dear BFG & DEVS - these problems have been rumbling on for A MONTH - game came out 14 June - & STILL no fix !!! WHEN are you going to do something about these problems?? We can't ALL have the same problem with our computers.....!!!

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by kjos on Jul 13, 14 3:49 PM
Just bought the Dreampath the two kingdoms CE game and this is what happened

I'm running win.xp and when I click on the game this is what I get
error
Access violation at oXoo41CDBB(tried to read from oXoooooo8)
program terminated. The demo run just fine ,when I bought the ce game that's what happened. Just refund my money. I just reinstalled the game and now all I get is a black screen. I've about had it with BF. I had to disable Avast to get Dead Reckoning to run.Thanks
Richard

Edited on 07/13/2014 at 4:52:47 PM PST

Cygnata
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Cygnata on Jul 13, 14 5:46 PM
Same issue as above, game keeps crashing and now will not open at all.

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jul 13, 14 9:14 PM
Try demo'ing the SE version now that it's out. I had not problems with it at all. But then I had no problem with the CE demo either.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jul 14, 14 11:38 AM
I started the game (collector's edition - out for a little over a month) and have experienced around 5 or 6 access violations which have frozen the game as well as a couple of glitches where you could still interact with the scene but you couldn't see all of the picture. Other than having to restart the game every 10 minutes or so, I'm enjoying it. It's a fun game. But I wish whatever's causing the game to freeze would be fixed. It would be nice to be able to play it without having to restart it because it keeps glitching.

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by siscokid on Jul 14, 14 12:29 PM
Having the same tech issues as everyone else, ie; game crashing, freezing, access violation codes, etc. Yes, the game has been released for over a month now, and still no fix or patch. I wrote to BF describing the issues and the reply that I got was and I quote,

" It is not up to us to decide whether or not to patch or fix the game, it is strictly up to the developer at their discretion whether or not they choose to issue any sort of fix."

Unquote.

What I want to know is.....doesn't BF test these games before releasing? Who do we hold accountable?? Or is it face value that the games come down the chute from the developer, everyone yells "Eureka!", we're meeting our "new game every day deadline!" release the hounds!! And laugh laugh laugh....all the way to the bank. Pity. The game really did have potential.
IMHO, BF is becoming more and more disreputable. It's obvious what they care about, and it sure ain't the customer! (However they did issue me a credit for the game, which they SHOULD do anyway considering.) Such a shame.

Edited on 07/14/2014 at 12:31:00 PM PST

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jul 14, 14 2:34 PM
siscokid wrote:I wrote to BF describing the issues and the reply that I got was and I quote,

" It is not up to us to decide whether or not to patch or fix the game, it is strictly up to the developer at their discretion whether or not they choose to issue any sort of fix."

I understand them not being able to fix the game themselves since they aren't the ones who created it. But they should put pressure on the developers to fix it and pull it if they don't do so in a timely manner. They shouldn't just continue to sell it as is. (I bought it and downloaded it just yesterday - a month after it had been released.)

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by appiel on Jul 14, 14 3:34 PM
Cygnata wrote:Same issue as above, game keeps crashing and now will not open at all.
Same here in The Netherlands

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by appiel on Jul 14, 14 4:54 PM
pondprowler wrote:A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

[Post New]by premienurse on Jul 15, 14 12:31 PM
I've deleted, re-downloaded this game several times due to "glitches" that stop the game in it's tracks. Drivers are all updated as well as media player. Any suggestions? Windows 7 pops up and tells me something has caused the game to stop working and will "notify" me when it's corrected. Needless to say, that has yet to happen!

freezing game

[Post New]by kudzuko on Jul 15, 14 1:28 PM
help my game keeps freezing I have to turn off my computer just to get out of it I have windows 8 I froze when I was trying to get to the main menu and when I tried to get to the treasure room

[Post New]by jimweinberg on Jul 17, 14 7:18 AM
I guess I'll add my 2 cents to the ever growing list of complaints. The game was going fine ... until I purchased it and tried to leave the Hall of Fire. Access Violations every time. I'm also using Windows 7 64bit in Administrator mode. After restarting the game 6 times, I just gave up. I too am wondering if this game was ever tested (either by BF or the developers).

Bottom line: either fix the d__n game of refund the money.

[Post New]by staragree on Jul 18, 14 5:04 AM
I've been having the same problems since I bought the game last month. I usually don't buy Collector's Editions because I have so many games ahead that I need to get to, but this one and the latest Dark Parables were available at a two for one. Frankly, I've noticed that since the Play for Pay games were started and growing almost daily, there's an air of neglect with Collector's and Standard download editions. I would imagine the Play for Pay games are very profitable. I haven't tried them so my opinion might be overly harsh, but who has enough money to play these games and what are the rewards?

[Post New]by leanoramonk on Jul 21, 14 3:37 PM
Can I assume that no one is going to fix the issues and I should just uninstall the game and take a 14 dollar loss?

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by donnarooty on Jul 21, 14 4:11 PM
what the???? I was hours into the game when I got an error message and lost my whole profile and am having to start over. Anyone else have this happen?

[Post New]by TwiggyFish on Jul 22, 14 3:57 PM
I have the same access error issue, here is a message I get...Visual Studio just in time debugger
An unhandled win32 exception occurred in Dreampath_TheTwoKingdoms_CE.exe [4156]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from
Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.

Check the documentation index for ‘Just-In-Time debugging, errors’ for more information.

Next error was an access violation.

Nice game, please fix and advise.

[Post New]by djinnandtonic on Jul 22, 14 5:26 PM
The game never even started. Not that I could see anyway. I did get the error code that a game was already running when I clicked on it again after having waiting 30minutes.
Then the game not only didn't start it crashed my computer itself.
Glad I did not buy this game.
** I would also like to add that I recently beta tested another game which I had problems with and a few days later they released the game to the public. I doubt that I was the only one to have problems with the beta game. Which means those developers knew before it was released that the game had a problem and they released it with the problem.

Edited on 07/22/2014 at 5:29:54 PM PST

kiwichook
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kiwichook on Jul 26, 14 3:13 AM
Why oh why did I buy this without reading the tech issues first. MENTAL! Trial ran perfectly then uploaded now access violation like everyone else. Uninstalled reinstalled gets as far as developers name then ping and blank screen. I am seriously considering cancelling membership to Big fish although I have been a member for many years. Too many errors in too many games

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by critterbuddy50 on Jul 27, 14 6:20 PM
has anyone received this one? "access violation at 0x0041CDBB (tried to read from 0x00000008) program terminated". I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least three times with no luck. Any ideas? Thank you.

Edited on 07/27/2014 at 6:24:22 PM PST

[Post New]by Overantiquated on Jul 28, 14 4:22 PM
chiari_survivor wrote:
Disbeliever wrote:Everything was going along fine with my game until the very end of the trial. After meeting the dragon, I was being shown scenes of what was yet to come and all of a sudden, the screen went black, the game cursor froze, and I had to use ctrl+alt=del to get out of the game. Once out of the game, I saw that I had an access violation, though I don't remember exactly what the violation was. I am playing on a Windows 7 computer and I am always logged in as the Administrator.

My issue was the same as Disbeliever discussed
I purchased without reading technical thread -
I am playing on a PC laptop with Windows 7, firefox

After having to Control Alt Delete right near the end of the demo I was able to reenter and replayed under a new sign in name so I could hear all the dragon was saying right before it froze up-- since the replay went OK, I went ahead and purchased- For the most part it played alright but there were 2 times in particular that the audio was cut off as if I had clicked to skip the remainder of the discussion but it continued until that back and forth conversation was completed. The worst area was once the sister was cured she was giving information and had 3 or 4 times the discussion was continuing and I only got the first 4-5 words of each clip which really ruins the story as that seemed to be important. No problems with other parts of the game, so I now need to decide if I replay immediately or try deleting and reloading or call it good enough and just replay it in the future at some point- or just replay the mini games from the extras page and skip the whole story aspect altogether.

With the cost of the CE's you should not be missing out on ANYTHING which makes this a bit of a disappointment for a game I would have enjoyed very much otherwise.
I too purchased the Collectors Edition of this game without checking the Tech Issue board first. I am totally frustrated. I want to play this game. I have Win 7 64bit, with a brand new 8Core AMDFX GAMING SYSTEM.. It is NOT my Friggin Computer. Please fix this for us..soon. thanx

Go to: