PeterJKH
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Game keeps crashing

[Post New]by PeterJKH on Jun 30, 14 10:03 AM
Several times, when exiting a location, the game just crashed - the screen went black, nothing happened anymore. I had to restart the computer to get it going again.

Now I am in the office of the motel, have given the inhaler to the mother, she says a few words. In that particular scene, there are two close-ups rapidly after each other. The first close-up won't (mother sitting on the floor with baby in her arms) does not disappear completely, stays faintly visible, and the game stalls. I have tried reinstalling the game, but same problem. So I can not go any further.

And I have all the same problems other people mention (voice-overs that disappear, etc.).

Really a bad game. Could have been nice, looks nice, but this is no fun. Did I pay for that? Who is going to give me my money back?!

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Fright Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by banshee10 on Jun 30, 14 10:25 AM
I didn't have any crashes or slowing down issues, the only issue I encountered was the voice problem everyone had.

But can anybody please explain another mystery?
I just finished the bonus chapter and went back to the extra section where you can replay some of the mini games. The last two were blocked and when I clicked on them I was told that I had to play those mini games within the game itself to be able to replay them.
I haven't missed nor skipped any puzzle or mini game...
What's wrong?

[Post New]by differentdances on Jun 30, 14 1:26 PM
Uninstalling - this looked like a really cool game. I don't usually like live action sequences but what I saw from the demo were well-done.

Problem is it's so laggy and painfully slow. Every click takes 2~3 seconds to register, then a couple more seconds for an action/response. Audio was out of sync with text dialogue.

I got as far as saving the bus driver from pole wires and was fed up. I'm impressed that other people with the same lagginess/slowness were able to get beyond that. I don't have the patience to play a game that's 70% waiting in the vein of old, OLD PC games.

Running Mac OS10.7.

Anigisdi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Anigisdi on Jun 30, 14 1:37 PM
Poodlebear wrote:The voices only worked at the very beginning of the game. I'd say first maybe 20 conversations at the most. In the bonus game they are really messed up with the text box not even appearing and other sounds continuing to play after they should stop (fire hydrant sound after hose turned off).

I'm having the exact same problem. NO voices at all after a few conversations. VERY annoying and feel cheated. Would like my money back for sure.

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Jun 30, 14 2:24 PM
Just adding my voice to others. The voiceovers didn't work most of the time - just typed words and moving lips. Too bad. The voice actors were pretty good.

I also have the problem with the black screen during the bonus game. It happened when I had stopped the car fire and was getting ready to go to the motel room.

[Post New]by silverfairy31 on Jun 30, 14 3:29 PM
catbag8717 wrote:Sometimes there's a glitch in the voice-overs. The text appears and the lips move, but no sound comes out.
I'm having the same issue!

redbaron
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by redbaron on Jun 30, 14 5:57 PM
same problem with voices also game has frozen when giving the girl her inhalor can do nothing else downloaded game again same results

[Post New]by jlynneq on Jun 30, 14 6:56 PM
I finally splurged and bought a CE. That may have been a big mistake. I'm in the scene where I have to use the flashlight under the bus driver's bed to connect the electrical cord and the game seems to have frozen. I can't leave the scene or do anything in it. The hint, guide and inventory keys work but nothing else. ..

[Post New]by KozmicBlues on Jun 30, 14 9:51 PM
I could live without the voices but I cannot leave the shelter 'cause the code doesn't work... so I'm stucked for almost two days now... has anyone solved this problem? Please help!!! The patch didn't help at all.

adragon
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by adragon on Jul 1, 14 12:33 AM
I loaded the 'new build' and now I am frozen; so I am doing a reload. It is soooo slow! I remember doing this game in beta and thought it might be interesting but it plays slowly as well. I was hoping the new build would make it easier - help!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 1, 14 4:18 AM
I had asked and receive a credit for this game, but I'll wait to use it until I see if this new build works. I'd rather be able to play and finish this game without glitches, so I'll keep my fingers crossed until it downloads.

Edit to add: Even with the new build, I'm getting a black screen in the bonus. Perhaps over the weekend, I will start a new profile and play the game again from the beginning to see what happens. At least with the new build, I have sound - as far as the one scene I played before black happened.

Edited on 07/02/2014 at 3:08:10 AM PST

[Post New]by cascademountain on Jul 1, 14 4:36 AM
I have same problem with mother and inhaler games stops working after I give inhaler. come on BFG can you fix this I have never seen so many tech issues for one game.

suus52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by suus52 on Jul 1, 14 5:14 AM
After the update : the screen is still pitchblack in the bonus game

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Jul 1, 14 6:48 AM
Unfortunately the patch didn't solve the problem I had in the Bonus game with the hose.

[Post New]by Ladyklee on Jul 1, 14 6:55 AM
I had no voices after playing 30 minutes into the game I bought the game ...and Other than The voice issues ...May I say I truly loved the Human connection I felt like they were actually talking to me BUT NO VOICE .... Thank You anyway ...I Still loved this Game wish they would do more Human talks to human games .......... And this was scary and way too short!!!! also wishing there was a really cool HARD TO PLAY Corn maze game ....laced fear of wandering in that corn maze

[Post New]by westielover on Jul 1, 14 7:33 AM
Downloaded update, wont let me click on bus after getting it out from under bed. Just freezes when I try to click on it.

[Post New]by celticdreams05 on Jul 1, 14 8:12 AM
I tried downloading the demo to play and it stops loading at 10%. I really would like to play to see if I want to buy the game but no luck. After reading some posts about the problems I am not sure if I do want to buy it anyway. Hopefully a fix is on the way.

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nflynn on Jul 1, 14 8:28 AM
after updated version, still getting black screen in Bonus chapter...

[Post New]by Kimber673 on Jul 1, 14 9:20 AM
After updated version, I also am unable to get the token off of the bus under the bed.

[Post New]by sally_string on Jul 1, 14 9:27 AM
I too am unable to get the token off the bus. I put the batteries in the control, press the switch, the bus comes out, I click it and it doesn't do anything and wont let me do anything else either like leave the scene! Very unhappy as with the game being a collectors edition, I feel like Im out of pocket now =(

Go to: