Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden here

[Post New]by Calycanthus on Jul 16, 14 12:03 AM
I'm happy I could help.

[Post New]by kcoh61 on Jul 19, 14 7:20 AM
I am SO glad I check and read all posts on the forum. I just finished sending my report to CS, ( I too have XP and got booted at PLAY.) I'm off to try all you guys' suggestions on settings and such, and see if I can play this game.............to be continued......thanks to all for the tips!!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jul 20, 14 9:40 PM
Calycanthus wrote:Hi, I had got the same problem with pickaxe and the wall. I have windows 7 64 bit. I tried the another profile name: "a", but it wasn't a success. Then I changed the options: from full screen to window mode, and from hard difficulty to the easiest. That way, I could break the wall. Then I set back the original settings. I don't finish the game yet, but since then, there isn't any problem. It worth a try.

I'm using Windows 8.1 and was playing on Hard mode and kept getting booted from the game after using the pickaxe on the wall like many others. I followed the advice above from Calycanthus and switched to Casual mode and was able to get through the wall without a glitch. Then I changed my settings back and am off again to continue this adventure.

Maybe it's a bug in Hard mode that doesn't exist in the easiest game setting instead of a glitch in compatibility with people's operating systems. I know a lot of times, testing of games occurs in Casual mode as people want to test the game's functionality and not actually be tasked with game puzzle solving and so a bug could have slipped through that only affected the more difficult modes of play. Just a theory.

Anyway, thanks to Caly for the invaluable help! Problem solved!

[Post New]by Rottie_Lover on Jul 22, 14 2:56 PM
JirafaVanidosa wrote:
Calycanthus wrote:Hi, I had got the same problem with pickaxe and the wall. I have windows 7 64 bit. I tried the another profile name: "a", but it wasn't a success. Then I changed the options: from full screen to window mode, and from hard difficulty to the easiest. That way, I could break the wall. Then I set back the original settings. I don't finish the game yet, but since then, there isn't any problem. It worth a try.

Thank you so much Calycanthus! Your advice is brilliant! I changed difficulty mode from hard to casual and I could use the pickaxe! It worked for me! Now I have changed the play mode again and can continue with the game. Thank you again!

Thank you so much Calycanthus from me too - I also changed difficulty setting mode from hard to casual and got past the pickaxe crashing me out of the game - can now continue playing. Thanks!! :-)

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jul 25, 14 9:31 PM
I started playing this game yesterday & had no problems. I closed it down & restarted it today - again no problems BUT for some reason when I decided to add a player (I'd missed a piece of info & wanted to see what it was) the game started playing up! As soon as I click 'Play' or anything in the main options the game shuts down & I'm back staring my desktop

My laptop's OS is Win 7 64 bit

Kam

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jul 26, 14 4:15 AM
I fixed my problem by deleting the game folder in the App Data of C drive & then I was able to play the whole game with no problems (except I missed the last 'magic' piece about the banshee, darn it).

Kam

Sandyinuk
Manatee
Manatee
3,577 Posts

[Post New]by Sandyinuk on Jul 27, 14 7:23 AM
The game will not work for me now
I tried to play it today but it just keeps taking me back to my desk top! I am using windows 8, it was fine yesterday

[Post New]by SzhalimarM on Jul 31, 14 10:03 AM
Im with you Pearls10 !!!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 1, 14 12:26 PM
I cannot play the game either, after selecting casual mode, and clicking on PLAY, the game closes down, with less minutes on demo, so I came in here to check .

Looks like a TON of us are having the same issue, DANG IT ..since its been this long now, I doubt a fix, will be issued, what a shame, LOOKED like my kind of game .

magfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by magfan on Aug 2, 14 3:33 PM
August 1, 2014 -- The game didn't didn't work on XP SP3. When I clicked "Play" it dumped me on the desktop. I tried disabling visual themes and advanced text services. I also tried using comptibility set to Windows 2000 and set to Windows NT. No change.

However the demo seemed to work fine on the same computer after I booted to Vista (computer has a dual boot). I only played a little ways into it, up to the statue of a knight who needs a weapon. Note I am not suggesting this as a solution, but it shows the computer is capable of playing the game and that the problem is with XP.

Unfortunately I'm afraid the game will crash or freeze later on, as reported by other gamers. Too bad. It looked like a nice game and I enjoyed the bit I played. I hope the problems are fixed eventually.

Edited on 08/02/2014 at 3:36:00 PM PST

gamefun13
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by gamefun13 on Aug 5, 14 2:29 PM
I also have purchase this game and having been waiting for a fix, Please refund my money being nothing is being done

[Post New]by Mistybelle_11 on Aug 8, 14 10:50 PM
Having the same problem as everyone else! I am so close to completing the game and know this happens - not happy

Injun1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Injun1 on Aug 12, 14 5:56 PM
I just installed the update on Chronicle Keepers and now it keep going back to the desktop. What is going on it played well before the update?

SoggySox
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by SoggySox on Aug 16, 14 10:59 AM
katiejean53 wrote:Same problem here. Everytime I hit play it boots me out. Did everything it told me to do in game crashing and still no luck. Uninstalled the game and uninstalled Game Manager reinstalled both still no luck.

I had the same problem until I tried playing in full screen mode and also used the tutorial which I don't like doing. If you are not in full screen mode, try it.

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Aug 22, 14 12:29 PM
I have played this game several times with no problems on Windows 8. This game is either not compatible with XP, or those having crashing issues are due to a non compatible video card, not enough RAM etc. This game is a HUGE resource hog.

[Post New]by badgmom57 on Sep 8, 14 8:42 AM
my issue is the same, I'm running on windows 8,however this game boots me out as soon as I hit play, I've tried reinstalling it several time its been a month now and I still cant play this game! I would like a refund or be able to exchange it for another game.
please respond as I don't think my request is unreasonable!

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Sep 11, 14 9:10 AM
the game was running just fine...i left to go to the vet and when i came back all of a sudden the game started doing what others are having problems...the game loads and when i hit play it crashes...like i said was running just fine...then BAM not running but crashing...does not make sense...and i dont think the help section is going to help if this is a common issues with other players...my op sys win7 home premium 64 bit. so someone needs to make a fix and FIX this or i am going to become very upset. i really like this game too.

PMcOuntryGirl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by PMcOuntryGirl on Sep 28, 14 11:19 AM
Just bought this game - should read forums first - and I tried the lowercase name and got partly into the game (XP) and then it crashed again. Are they fixing this game?! I haven't tried Win 7, I'm scared...

[Post New]by nitravel on Oct 13, 14 7:40 AM
When I used a pickaxe, it booted me out.
I tried 3rd, but it crashed.
Windws8

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Chronicle Keepers:The Dreaming Garden here

[Post New]by snowGRL on Oct 21, 14 6:37 PM
I am having the same issues regarding getting booted off. I am like 2/3rds of the way thru this game, and now, when I bring it up and hit 'play', right away I get the boot! Now, I really was enjoying this game. But all I can think of is what if I trash it, reload it and try to play it again and the same thing happens?! I do not find this to be an acceptable situation. I already sent in a problem ticket with a 'Dr.Felix' report and everything. The response I got was try to reload it or they are willing to give me a free game in place of it. So really, don't even bother with customer service! I am on a Dell Laptop-Inspirion/Windows 7.

Go to: