Seniors

Shirleygames
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

Re:Seniors

[Post New]by Shirleygames on Jul 18, 14 9:22 AM
You guys are a blast!! Never thought when I made the original post that there would be such an overwhelming response. Take that you young whippersnappers.

Thought I would share my essential need when playing MC.

1. Water for hydration. Although I do quite often change that to a nice glass of wine in the later afternoon.
2. A magnifying glass to find that gosh darn thimble.
3. A little snack. Was double stuff Oreos until with all the sitting playing MC my behind started hanging over the edge of the chair! So now just a little cheese to go with the wine.
4. The radio set to a golden oldies station, 'cause lets face it the background "music" with the game is a little monotonous.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jul 18, 14 10:11 AM
Bunnygal, take it easy on that back - hope all goes well.

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Jul 18, 14 10:47 AM
montall wrote:Hi Everyone, another couple of seniors here. My partner and I are both addicted to this game. I'm almost 69 (does that make me the oldest, I wonder) and he is 66. I'm on level 30 at the moment, not sure which level he's on, somewhere around 19 I think. My friend id code is 85560.

Cheers ... Leonie

Hi there....just 'found' this thread & thought that I too would join. Sorry Leonie, you're not the 'oldest'....I am 'over 69'!

I am 1/2 way through Level 30 but would welcome new 'Friends'. I play as TeeCee, ID 51040.

I too wish that the developers would make the 'items' a little more user friendly to see in the lists. The new scenes, while beautifully crafted & a pleasure to look at have the items VERY well blended in.

Dobiesrus
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Dobiesrus on Jul 18, 14 5:36 PM
Sixty-eight here and holding on to that by my fingernails here in Texas Why do the "younguns" think they hold the patent on technology? I can actually figure out how to turn on the computer and program the GPS. All I need is my reading glasses, when I can find the damn things (usually on my head.). I'm a pilot with a commercial rating and still fly. This addictive game is a great way to relax. Glad to know I'm in such good company.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 18, 14 5:52 PM
Dobiesrus,
Am I right in guessing you're a dog person?! If you've still got your flight rating you have to be one of the few who can see the thimble . I think those of us who have used technology for a while know a lot more about it than the kids who need an app for everything, including telling the time! We had to learn how and why to do things, not just have a machine tell us the answer. Ironic, since I started out as a computer programmer.

[Post New]by Deavie on Jul 18, 14 8:03 PM
Hi!

I'm fairly new to the game (level 15) and need friends. Well...I think I do....for parts of the game you need Thank You notes, right? I am enjoying the game so far, but a bit leery as I played Found last Christmas, played my heart out all through the season, and then the reward we were promised never happened, even though I earned it in the game. To this day I have never received it. So, I stopped playing that game. And this one is by the same developers .... So we'll see how it goes! :-)

I'm going request friends from some of you ipad users that posted your codes, if that's ok. My code is i455705 and I play as Karoo.

I will 60 in October, so I qualify for this group, right? :-)))

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Jul 18, 14 8:12 PM
Wow!!!! The tribe has spoken and no one will be voted out of the MC castle this week! This response has blown my mind!!! There is so much diversity, knowledge and personal richness I wish we could visit in person......hey get a plane chartered Rosie, Dobiesrus can jet us to a castle where we will take over and claim it for MC, hang around for a vacation, while all playing MC of course...
Bunnie please do be careful, I have been there, done that, did it again, it turned out a mess ( but my back was to begin with). I guess between the lot of us we could write a book about surgeries and health stories....
If you can handle another friend feel, please do, I have finally gotten my list to a manageable lot who, get this concept, gifts me back! Lol...cool right! PM me just to chat....I do check messages abt twice a week, would love getting to know ALL of you!!!
So tonite in Central Ky, the weather is unseasonably cool, the tomatoes are almost ripe and green beans will be enjoyed for several weeks (& this winter). and MC waiting for me to do HOS!

Dobiesrus
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Dobiesrus on Jul 18, 14 9:56 PM
Rosiebvt, I'll bet you can even guess what kind of dogs and there are also two cats and four horses. Neena in central KY will recognize the American Saddlebred breed, aka the Kentucky Saddler. As for the thimble, see the part about reading glasses. To make it even more difficult I'm playing on an iPad mini. Amazing, these little things. You're so right about the kids and their apps.

Dobiesrus
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Dobiesrus on Jul 18, 14 10:46 PM
NeenaL, we wouldn't have far to go to find a castle to take over. If memory serves, isn't there a castle near Lexington?

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Jul 19, 14 5:23 AM
Absolutely, very close to the airport that castle be Dobiesrus,,,,love the horses here we used to have TN Walkers doing shows but alas no more life changes in a second! So I roll with the punches taking new indoor sports like my iPad and PC!
Gotta love the HS Football here too! Son's a coach, runner up in 2013 HS Football....almost made it! Maybe this year? Happy Gaming all...

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 19, 14 6:53 AM
Deavie wrote:Hi!

I'm fairly new to the game (level 15) and need friends. Well...I think I do....for parts of the game you need Thank You notes, right?
I'm going request friends from some of you ipad users that posted your codes, if that's ok. My code is i455705 and I play as Karoo.

I will 60 in October, so I qualify for this group, right? :-)))

Hi, Deavie,
I'll take this opportunity to plug the Strategy Guide, which has a link in the Helpful Links thread stickied to the top of the forum. it tells you just about everything you need to know. Also there are links to the friends threads. You can post your ID there and also get numbers for those looking for friends. Check the last few pages, they're more likely to be playing still. Unfortunately we can't friend across platforms so the PCers here are out. Yes, you do need friends, and for more than the thank you cards that will get your early pets hatched.
Welcome to the forum.

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Jul 19, 14 7:45 AM
The Stradegy Guide is invaluable for learning the game! One can find information and links there to answer many questions, I found it "a must" when I started my game in March and still refer to it! You never get too old to learn.

New UPDATE for iOS users today! WE have been waiting.......

[Post New]by texgranny on Jul 19, 14 8:06 AM
Hi people. I am 69 and on level 29. I'd be happy to add any friends. I go by texgranny and my ID is 212265. I play on the PC whenever I'm not out playing Bridge, Mah Jongg or cards, but I still manage to get in an hour or two each day.

[Post New]by Deavie on Jul 19, 14 6:52 PM
Rosiebvt,

Thanks for the Strategy Guide tip! I will,go take a look at it. Since last night I have gained 4 friends! I realize the pc players can't be my friend. But the ios people are being quite welcoming! So thank you all for that!

Off to check out the strategy guide!

Kenthawk
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Kenthawk on Jul 20, 14 6:12 AM
I am on level 30 and just starting up the 60"s side. Proud to be part of the Midnight Castle group of friends and seniors . I have been gaming for a long time. Who says you have to be young to play.

Ken R

wenmk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by wenmk on Jul 20, 14 6:50 AM
71 here Level 24 and Level 20 (I think) I'm playing two games because I got shut out of one due to computer glitches and had to start a new one. My game names are wenmk and wenmk2.
I'm happy to friend any 60+ player. I thought, at 71, I was the only one and I felt kind of silly. Nice to know you're all out there

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Jul 20, 14 7:36 AM
HI Seniors my name is Etta I am 64 and would like to join your club. I play most of the day when I don't have my 2 great grand kids over am on level 31, my friend code is 193207.
I realy enjoy the game and reading the forun.

Could all the players in this club please add the country where your from to your player name ?

Shirleygames
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Shirleygames on Jul 20, 14 8:10 AM
Welcome to the club Etta. As you can see we are a pretty lively group.

I think your idea of adding our country to our game name is great and I have added it to mine. Madam X Can (Canada)

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Jul 20, 14 8:50 AM
Thank you Shirleygames

[Post New]by floridarosie on Jul 20, 14 10:23 AM
Rosie: I'm from Florida, good ol USA

Go to: