amtoday
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Experience Meter-- Please Post What You Need to Achieve the Next Level

[Post New]by amtoday on Aug 17, 14 4:50 AM
I'm not sure if you have this number. I was going cross-eyed reading this thread. At Level 58, you need 168,130 to level up.

[Post New]by Lolliegobble on Aug 26, 14 1:32 AM
It looks like I should have posted on here much earlier than I have. I have been assured that an update will correct my experience meter which stopped at 280,000 and Level 101 in APRIL. I lost the game for approx. 2 weeks (after an update which possibly contributed to the loss) which was eventually restored by customer support. I have not received any award since that time and lost all multiplier level of 88 days. I have continued playing without the knowledge or advice that the rules of the game have been changed - mid stride!
Shame on you BFG for putting one over on unsuspecting supporters and enthusiasts of this game especially.

[Post New]by Lolliegobble on Aug 26, 14 3:34 AM
Meant to add the following. After the meter stopped at 280,000+ (Level 101) it then reverted to 940/3840 and then 940/3500 and that was in April. On the 2nd August it changed to 0/250 after the game had finally been reinstalled by customer support (2 weeks downtime) and a last change on the 4th to 9,999,999/9,999,999. If no-one is able to achieve anywhere near this level because of how long it takes, then it stands to reason that it could be a very long time before they will add any more levels.

[Post New]by medragon on Aug 26, 14 6:27 PM
I had only just over 20000XP to get to level 95 when I updated and then needed 3 million 187 thousand to level up. so disappointing it is taking months to get to the next level now.

[Post New]by LOTR4EVR on Aug 28, 14 1:54 AM
hello,
this is the 1st time I have gone into a forum. I am looking for a few answers and it seems like several people are having my same problems. 1st to reply to the xp level ups - I don't remember what the past numbers I had were but I am on level 52 and I need 102,370 to level up which seems a lot lower than the other numbers.
2nd - I was on 47 of 49 - when I pressed ok it took me back to level one, I got no reward or anything else.
3rd and the reason I started reading this is because I am stuck on the last quest (I think), I did 2 of the 3 requests but the last one I have been repeating so many times I lost count, I hate taking the easy way out but after 20 times of doing coral cove I hit the skip button and saw it would take 42 crystals to do so (I didn't know it took any to skip) I went back because to me that was a waste of crystals which I hate buying to begin with - I just checked and now it takes only 5 to skip. since I have only hit the skip button twice I don't know if the more times I play the quest the less it takes to skip or if this is just a fluke.
my question is how many times do I have to play this quest? all my buildings are at level 5 and all my mini-games have been played, do I keep playing this quest, which is using up my energy or do I give in and skip?
thanks

Edited on 08/28/2014 at 1:57:44 AM PST

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Aug 29, 14 3:27 PM
154,820 at level 57 for me - is that good or bad?

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Aug 29, 14 4:16 PM
Luckypool wrote:154,820 at level 57 for me - is that good or bad?

It all depends on if you were enjoying your complimentary "level-up" energy refill.
Experience needed to level up increases by leaps and bounds. If you read back over this thread, you will see that it increases to over 1 mil and 2 mil at some levels. I am on level 62 and need over 233k exp to reach 63. In short, if you are over level 50, your experience to reach the next level has pretty much quadrupled. No more "level-up" energy refill rewards until you are old and gray.

[Post New]by LadySparkle55 on Aug 29, 14 5:21 PM
So. . .I may never level up again. After the update today, my trophy's are all empty. Starting over. You make very little money or exp. on those. I guess they've fixed my wagon. I can go nowhere FAST. Oh yeah, and the energy to play. . .ha! I cannot even imagine how long it will take to fill all those trophys again to earn the money and experience I should be earning now. . .depressing and hopeless.

mouser9169
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by mouser9169 on Aug 29, 14 6:16 PM
Zevah4 wrote:I am having a hard time finding a pattern LOL!

<snip>

Difference between 420 and 540, is again 120. 120 is approx. 22% of 420.

So if it is a percentage factor, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

So, I'm still working on this. LOL!

It won't be a percent (or likely won't, anyway). Look for a constant that increases each level. Something like XPtoNewLevel=XPtoOldLevel+k*Oldlevel. The constant (k) will probably change at points as you enter new "brackets" (kind of like the US tax brackets).

"Hell Levels" in Everquest were created because the devs didn't check their formula and didn't want to change it after the fact. It was something like k=500 up to level 50, then k switched to 1000 (using made up numbers here), but the game assumed that k was 1000 all the way up when figuring out the XP for level 51 so it came up with a supremely large number, then went back down down to something reasonable for 52. This pattern repeats (unless they finally fixed it) for each bracket change.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Aug 29, 14 7:11 PM
mouser9169 wrote:
Zevah4 wrote:I am having a hard time finding a pattern LOL!

<snip>

Difference between 420 and 540, is again 120. 120 is approx. 22% of 420.

So if it is a percentage factor, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

So, I'm still working on this. LOL!

"Hell Levels" in Everquest were created because the devs didn't check their formula and didn't want to change it after the fact.

My point exactly. There is a glitch. Why should that be surprising to anyone when there is a glitch in everything else? But, will anyone take responsibility? Nooooo.

Go to: