SilverFox47
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by SilverFox47 on Mar 15, 15 11:20 AM
dwilson11 wrote:I have to say that my Kindle does not reset as frequently as it did but it does still reboot the game. It seems to start from about 10pm UK time. It is the only Kindle app that does. It always happens in the middle of doing a HOS but the improvement is that I just have to redo the HOS and not the previous 2. Are all the Android users having the same issue with rebooting or is it just the Kindle users.
Deb

Hi dwilson11,
I play on a Nexus 7 (2012) with app from Amazon App Store. I also have the same problem. As you said after update not a frequently but still several times a day. Last night though it really crashed and set my progress back about two hours. Lost about 3,500 in coins, etc. Very frustrating. I have contacted Support about this, hope I get a answer.

dwilson11
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by dwilson11 on Mar 20, 15 3:19 PM
Can't get the final fortune achiever award. I got to 27 days today and it just reset to 15 days. I haven't passed midnight in the UK so still had plenty of time to spin the wheel.
How do you get this final achievement.

Clairelle
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Clairelle on Mar 23, 15 2:09 AM
Hello since I've the newest version of this game on my Samsung Galaxy I have lot of crashes. I'm on level 28.
This wasn't that before.
And I'm really suck of these crashes.
I use my precious diamonds and the crash! Everything is gone and I can start from the beginnig. The diamonds are gone and nevertheless I have the full waittime in the pictures. This is really nuts!
This makes really no fun just frustration. If this is the future to play I doubt if I play this game for the next time.
Why I don't have my diamonds back after a crash?
Why do I have to start up to 10 steps further?
Why is after a crash the full waittime?
My ID is A146594.

Edited on 04/22/2015 at 7:30:09 AM PST

ldy709
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by ldy709 on Mar 27, 15 10:21 AM
I have a suggestion for the developers/programmers. For those using Kindle Fire Tablets it is very easy to accidentally hit buttons and end up spending diamonds. For example the "hint" button is right at the lower right and I have accidentally hit it just holding the device. Same when using the map feature and accidentally hitting the diamond button for my "pet". Also paging through my inventory, I have addidentally sold an item instead of getting to the next page of inventory. I guess it all boils down to the fact that the tablets are very small, and although I use a stylus, it is easy to accidentally hit something.

My solution is that before you take our diamonds, that perhaps you can ask if we really want to make that "purchase" - and then have another step to confirm it. A good example of asking us again is when you go to gift someone and you have a chance to take it back if you hit something accidentally. I understand that PC users would not have this issue and perhaps it is just our problem for using the device we do. But just wanted to put in my input.

Thank you for all you do and for giving us a game that we all enjoy!

[Post New]by Axonic on Mar 29, 15 9:35 AM
After losing all my progress when updating a few weeks ago, I had made it back to around level 15.
This afternoon I had a friend request from "maria" ID a400738, which I accepted.
I now appear to be playing as maria and have again lost my progress.

[Post New]by Mulder99 on Mar 30, 15 7:35 AM
I have also notice that Midnight Castle resets somewhat randomly while in the middle of a HO scene. I have noticed that the first completed scene of a session will cause MC to reboot all the way to the BIG FISH games logo. This happens even after collecting a few flowers or feeding a pet or playing the dice game.

What gives?

Jashu99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Jashu99 on Mar 30, 15 12:20 PM
Playing on Kindle Fire HDX - after not being able to connect to the server this morning, I was able to connect and play - after about 40 minutes, the game reset, and I lost everything I had gained this session. About 2000 coins. This has never happened - usually the reset only goes back an HOA or two. This time I'm back to where I started, with a new Daily Quest, new Daily Bonus. This is VERY frustrating - I do not want to play if this is going to happen. What happened?

mythros
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mythros on Apr 1, 15 1:53 PM
confirm that I have the same thing happening as Idy709 . Just 1 more thing about Kindle Fires HD and HDX, the screens are so sensitive that they detect the presence of a finger above it that the device anticipates a touch and performs the action. These little 'tablets' (so to speak) come in 7inches and 8.9 inches.

This is something I thought you should know if you decide to act on the excellent suggestions made by Idy709.

Mythros
Excerpt below .

By Idy709

I have a suggestion for the developers/programmers. For those using Kindle Fire Tablets it is very easy to accidentally hit buttons and end up spending diamonds. For example the "hint" button is right at the lower right and I have accidentally hit it just holding the device. Same when using the map feature and accidentally hitting the diamond button for my "pet". Also paging through my inventory, I have addidentally sold an item instead of getting to the next page of inventory. I guess it all boils down to the fact that the tablets are very small, and although I use a stylus, it is easy to accidentally hit something. 

mythros
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mythros on Apr 10, 15 12:13 AM
My Kindle Fire HDX 7" stops about every hour or less and reloads. It sounds like the same thing others are calling crash. So farscape it has only moved me back t HOS I was doing and the flowers before it. I haven't been keeping tabs on my assets

I am getting the impression that this isn't suppose to be happening. This is my first first time to play a game. I've been thinking that this was a buttering action. So the game is crashing not buffering, is that correct?

Is this an android issue or a Kindle issue with the program?

Has anyone dealt with the techies over this?

Mythros
a346810

[Post New]by tinktink66 on Apr 10, 15 6:52 AM
I have the fire phone and love this game, but it does crash all the time and i had to uninstall and reinstall for updates, i lost all my progress and it still hasn't updated to the spring edition, help please

mythros
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mythros on Apr 10, 15 11:54 AM
I have no connection to the server right now.
On the Social pages it won't allow me to put in my 4th item on my wishlist.

Mythros
a346810

[Post New]by claire_lou28 on Apr 10, 15 12:28 PM
Hi mythros I have the same problem. Cannot connect to server. Not sure what's happening??

[Post New]by HaiWay on Apr 10, 15 1:38 PM
I'm having the same issue. The game refuses to connect to the server. I came in here to check if there is an update or if someone has a clue what is going on.

If anyone knows let us know

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 10, 15 1:56 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know that you're also having connectivity issues with your games on Android. Our team has not confirmed yet whether or not all Android users have been affected as well. However, it does appear that the root cause may be affecting all versions of the game.

Even though the Android issue is unconfirmed at the moment, you can still refer to the following thread for updates:

Midnight Castle PC and iOS TEMPORARILY down - Friday, April 10, 2015

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 04/10/2015 at 1:59:02 PM PST

mythros
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mythros on Apr 11, 15 4:07 PM
Hi bfgwaimena,
I reconnected by evening time, but wanted to let you know that I am impressed and thankful that you were so very prompt in responding to the issue. This is my first game of this type to play and my first forum experience. I'm impressed with how top notch the moderators respond and function within the massive beast th forum is.

Good job. I hope most players appropriately appreciate how seriously all the moderators attend to our issues. Thanks.

Mythros
a346810

[Post New]by meeshbeebs on Apr 26, 15 12:12 PM
Hi, I have purchased in app diamonds, from Amazon. My ID is a99599, but I have not had diamonds added to my game. Not sure if this is the best place for posting regarding this but am at a loss what else to do. Thanks Meeshbeebs.
PS any feedback suggestions appreciated cheers x

[Post New]by DreamNyx on Apr 29, 15 3:38 PM
Help! As of 10:00 am MST, I'm being told my version is out of date and I have to upgrade from the App store....however, it's not available. I think I'm having withdrawals!

Rie1956
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Rie1956 on Apr 29, 15 3:53 PM
I am also being told my version is out dated but can't find update help

mythros
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mythros on Apr 29, 15 4:13 PM

I was playing MC awhile ago, turned it off a few minutes to save battery. Reopened the the game to a message about my game being out of date. Instructed to get the update from the Appstore.

I go to the Amazon Appstore and of course the game is there. The product details still shows Aug 22, 2014. No way of knowing if the version number changes.

There is no instructions about how to get an updated version.
Question is: How do I tell the difference between the game and the update?
Will there be a another icon for the update? Or do I click the game icon? Is the update in in the game?

Mythros.
a346810

[Post New]by huasgirl1828 on Apr 29, 15 9:16 PM
If I accidentally uninstalled this game and downloaded it again how do I get my profile back?

Go to: