Southla
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by Southla on Sep 8, 14 6:42 AM
It seems to me I end up on this forum site far too often these days checking on TECH ISSUES for various games, some that I purchased (some were fixed and some not) and some that I am trying.

I have spent a lot of $$ in the past as I have been a devoted BFG member for years and I have to admit that I am seriously considering leaving the community altogether. I used to swear by their customer service and now, I'm mostly getting "canned responses" telling me to do exactly what the website says in troubleshooting.....What's the point of that.

This game keeps freezing on me and that's not right. I am not the only one and that should be a clue right there that there is a problem.

What a shame, their reputation is seriously at risk if they don't address these issues like they used to. Hope someone is listening at BFG. We don't want to leave but we may have to.

niamhe
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by niamhe on Sep 8, 14 9:32 AM
Freezing here too, sadly after the demo and purchase, another waste of money

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 8, 14 10:37 AM
Hey Everyone,

I'm really sorry to see how many of you are having trouble with the game on Windows 8.1!

We are working to get a fix for this issue, and we hope to get it ready for release as soon as possible. Once we know more about progress on the fix, we'll make an announcement here in the forums.

Thank you so much for your patience!

bfgVaiya

luciusm
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by luciusm on Sep 8, 14 12:26 PM
Despite the many, many times the game froze on me, I finally finished then
completed the bonus game.
I liked this game a lot. It was interesting enough to keep me going back to it after shutting my computer down to go do something else. Once I went back to the
game, my progress was not lost.
I never care for achievements or the collecting, I always buy a CE for the
Bonus play.
Again, good game. I am confident that BFG and the developers will fix
the problems. Meanwhile, patience is a virtue.

Ratwek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Ratwek on Sep 8, 14 12:53 PM
Thank you for posting bfgVaiya!!

But....reading through the posts it is not just 8.1. Some are having the same issues with win8 and win7.

I hope the fix comes soon because I was really enjoying this game and would like to purchase it.

I will stay tuned to this forum awaiting word on the fix.

[Post New]by nellie2010 on Sep 8, 14 1:07 PM
tammytheo wrote:The game keeps freezing on me too. I can't exit with the Windows button - only with CAD. Right after, the desktop becomes a black screen and there's no way to shut the game down so I have to restart my computer. When I go back it plays ok for a while and then (oh, how lovely!) it freezes again! I have already purchased the game by the way.

This is the first time since I bought this blessed laptop of mine that I'm having such issues with a game. Windows 8.1 64-bit 5core processor laptop.

I'm hearing the sounds of the game right now but I can't close the program using the icon on the bar at the bottom of the screen as usually. I have to shut my computer down! And I can't do anything from the desktop as I have no desktop to use!

[Post New]by Trinitysrain on Sep 8, 14 4:50 PM
Inventory items are disappearing. I also get stuck when a smaller puzzle window opens and I try to x out of it.

[Post New]by absintheoflight on Sep 8, 14 7:24 PM
I am having the same issue as Rhysdux. I'm in the bonus game and to advance I have to put a magnifier together. However, no matter where I click, it will not go together. I don't believe this is a 'walkthrough' issue. I believe it's a bug.

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Sep 8, 14 9:31 PM
played about half an hour of the demo and I like the game but the sound is a problem. The music is so loud I can't hear the dialogue. I will just wait for the SE to come out and I will see if it had the same problems. if not then I will get that one.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

Sound Problems ~ " Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul Collector's Edition"

[Post New]by katbear50 on Sep 8, 14 10:59 PM
Sound Problems ~ " Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul Collector's Edition"
BFG Techs:: please review this page of posts

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/294520.page#5775566

[Post New]by afrodity on Sep 9, 14 2:23 AM
I am having the same issues as the previous posters. The game freezes forcing me to restart my computer. Please issue an update for this. I thought this was only a concern for the demo, so I purchased the game hoping it would not do this. I have uninstalled the game twice, changed the cursor to that of the system, and that still has not offered a solution to the problem.

[Post New]by cat1492 on Sep 9, 14 2:52 AM
the ame is full of bugs en keeps freezing, esp. in the region of the portals. you get a black screen and nothing works anymore, only CAD.
it says it is a memory failure.

Southla
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Southla on Sep 9, 14 6:15 AM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey Everyone,

I'm really sorry to see how many of you are having trouble with the game on Windows 8.1!

We are working to get a fix for this issue, and we hope to get it ready for release as soon as possible. Once we know more about progress on the fix, we'll make an announcement here in the forums.

Thank you so much for your patience!

bfgVaiya

Thank you bfgValya for letting us know that someone is indeed listening. We are all looking forward to a fix for this game.

bodeia
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by bodeia on Sep 9, 14 7:56 AM
Totally unplayable, wish I'd never purchased it. How long are we going to wait for a fix that's if we get one at all

It appears more and more bug ridden games are getting through what has happened to BFG quality control

[Post New]by Littlenanny49 on Sep 9, 14 11:24 AM
I am having exactly the same problems as everyone on here, tried reinstalling game, updated everything, I have windows 8.1, it plays fine for a few minutes and then freezes, and i can not do anything but look at blank screen, this is frustrating as have already brought game, and it looks quite good , please help

tetrouge
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tetrouge on Sep 9, 14 11:45 AM
Cursor is totally uncontrollable, game very, jerky & sluggish! BFG is at it again, this must be the 4th or 5th game I have been stupid enough to buy and ends up being an absolute fluke!!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 9, 14 4:36 PM
I am 3/4 of the way through the main game and here we go with Fatal Error again. I use Windows Vista if it makes the least bit of difference - and I don't think it does. I'm fed up. I've had several hundred games from Big Fish without problems, but since last November, nothing but problems: games I can't play, games I can't finish, games that are unplayable after being purchased with replacement coupons for games that didn't work. Obviously BF has given up caring about its customers. It used to be nice. Customer service was great, and it felt like a community. No more of that.

I assume that a monetary refund will be out of the question, but I guess I'll pick out a couple of SE games to use up my coupons and then cancel my account. I'm tired of enjoying games up to just a certain point, and then Poof! Too bad, so sad, and who cares about you the customer? I'm going to miss Big Fish, but it's certainly not the only game site on the Internet. Perhaps I'll have better luck elsewhere.

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Sep 10, 14 2:02 AM
Could it be a 64-bit issue? I have Win 8.1 64-bit machine.

mauserC96
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mauserC96 on Sep 10, 14 10:53 AM
I'm having this same problem as the rest of these folks. Game runs for a couple of minutes then freezes up, requiring a complete reboot of the computer. Apparently, it happens on all versions of Windows. Back to the drawing board for this game.Until a fix is available for this game, I'll pass.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Sep 10, 14 12:10 PM
I received a free game, good up until Sept. 21st. for the trouble with this game. The email stated I could wait for a fix to come out, or use the coupon they gave me in the email with an expiration date of the 21st.

Hopefully they'll come out with a fix, if not ... I may use this coupon, and I'm assuming it is for $13.99 I paid for this game that is unplayable.

Jennsmom ... heads up ... send in a dr. felix ... and I'm sure they'll refund your money as they did me.

Judy

Go to: