FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

Re:An Urgent Letter to Big Fish Games

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Sep 24, 14 1:01 PM
I can't quite see why other FTP game threads would be directed here.
I used to play AK and World Mosaics Chroma but gave up because MC is still my love.
But surely the threads in the other forums need comment as every FTP game is different. I feel lost never mind about "Found"!!!

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Sep 24, 14 1:14 PM
The letter was originally posted to every forum, 16 in all. It was a BF decision, not ours to remove the letter from some forums completely, and link others here, and I don't necessarily agree with that decision.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Sep 24, 14 1:21 PM
NoFishToday wrote:The letter was originally posted to every forum, 16 in all. It was a BF decision, not ours to remove the letter from some forums completely, and link others here, and I don't necessarily agree with that decision.

I hear what you're saying No Fish Today and have pm'd BFVaiya asking her why. The way I see it is taking on all FTP games issues is way too ambitious and the end result will be that nobody will end up happy, where as trying to make headway on one game at a time stands more chance of voices being heard and action taken

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 24, 14 1:39 PM
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to clarify a few things regarding this thread.

To begin, each game forum has its own "Suggestions to the Developer" thread. These threads exist for the purpose of letting the devs know what you want changed in the game and how you feel about changes that were made. These threads are the best place for any suggestions and feedback on games.

Second, redirecting the other threads and locking them was a decision made by the Mod Team after deep discussion, rather than a singular Mod.

Since we aren’t able to have a general discussion area, the decision was made to keep the discussion specific to this letter in one thread. Everyone is welcome to come to this thread and weigh in on the discussion. However, for suggestions for changes to games, or feedback, please post in the designated suggestion thread for the game in question.

I hope this helps explain things, but if there are any other questions, please feel free to PM any one of the Mods.

bfgVaiya

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Sep 24, 14 1:56 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to clarify a few things regarding this thread.

To begin, each game forum has its own "Suggestions to the Developer" thread. These threads exist for the purpose of letting the devs know what you want changed in the game and how you feel about changes that were made. These threads are the best place for any suggestions and feedback on games.

Second, redirecting the other threads and locking them was a decision made by the Mod Team after deep discussion, rather than a singular Mod.

Since we aren’t able to have a general discussion area, the decision was made to keep the discussion specific to this letter in one thread. Everyone is welcome to come to this thread and weigh in on the discussion. However, for suggestions for changes to games, or feedback, please post in the designated suggestion thread for the game in question.

I hope this helps explain things, but if there are any other questions, please feel free to PM any one of the Mods.

bfgVaiya

So in other words everyone's gripes will be muddled and jumbled into one thread that nobody will even want to read as it will mean ploughing through a mountain of posts to find the one that interests you personally? It's bad enough reading about the problems of your own game and feeling as though you're not being listened to without having everybody else's gripes thrown in

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Sep 24, 14 2:06 PM
I'm a bit confused but that's easily done! I just did a search for Suggestions for the developers in the advanced search for MC and found just one thread which hasn't been posted in since Jul 2nd. I know there have been others inbetween with different titles, many I think, but we haven't got a stickied one which I feel would help greatly. I have no idea about other FTP forums as this is the only game I play now. I'm still loving the game mainly because I have endless time to put into it but the fact remains many are leaving so something must be wrong somewhere. Perhaps it's because many players don't have 8 hours a day to put into it so it's an endless struggle, I can't say, I just hope the devs will listen if they can find easily what the main problems are.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 24, 14 3:13 PM
If all 16 games have problems then it is not the developer at fault
it is FTP games themselves folks have an issue with.

There is no way anyone should be giving feedback to games they do not play so as bfgVaiya states
everyone should direct their specific complaints about a game to that game forum and developer if a game needs changing.

This is critique of a whole genre

The specific complaints about MC have been made regularly and often here so I am sure Elephant are aware.
There was a post made by a mod not long ago they are fast tracking the "coming soon" button and that it would take a few updates to catch up to the demands-
2 updates have passed the next one will be telling IMO.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 24, 14 3:20 PM
Hey guppies56

As mentioned in bfgMurrumbidgee's post on the second page of this thread, the feedback shared in both this thread and the suggestion threads for each game is being shared with the appropriate teams. We are keeping them up to date with your concerns.

This thread is primarily for everyone to discuss the letter posted. If you'd like to see feedback from other players on specific games, you can always find these posts in the suggestion threads for those games.

I hope this helps to clarify things, but as always, if there are any questions, please feel free to PM one of the Mods.

bfgVaiya

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Sep 24, 14 4:09 PM
Hi guppies, I can relate to your saying we were taking on too much but the forums complaints weren't being heard on their own. In a last ditch effort, I thought maybe bringing us all together would make a difference. Maybe one big voice, along with many small ones ie. signing this thread and sending emails, is the way to bring about change. Hopefully, I'm right.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Sep 25, 14 8:35 AM
Bump.

Please, enough with the "we are discussing with the appropriate parties". I've been seeing that line for this game for MONTHS!!!!

We complain because we care - a lot of us have *hundreds* of hours (and $ too) invested in this game, but it feels like every advance is repetitive and expensive (12000 to open an area!?!?!? Really!!!?!?!).

Skidewster
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Skidewster on Sep 27, 14 10:21 AM

Edited on 09/27/2014 at 1:28:45 PM PST

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Sep 27, 14 10:41 AM
Skidewster wrote:[Removed by Moderator]

Hehehehe, I can see you're on a mission finding all the related threads, and good advice especially with apple as nobody wants to be associated with bad reviews......Keep it up

Edited on 09/27/2014 at 1:29:27 PM PST

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Sep 29, 14 7:54 PM
We said we'd wait for a quality update! What is this you've galloped out the door? Did you not hear a word we said? Or you just don't care? AND...you're forcing us to do this?

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 29, 14 8:00 PM
Vlania wrote:We said we'd wait for a quality update! What is this you've galloped out the door? Did you not hear a word we said? Or you just don't care? AND...you're forcing us to do this?

Vlania,

Remember, this is not a content update. Just an update to fix bugs and add a new feature (that obviously didn't go well and I'm sure that was not the intention).

Typically new content updates are sent out about a week or two after a repair update. So hopefully, maybe, we'll see something in the near future. After they fix this unexpected issue first.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Sep 29, 14 8:08 PM
Thanks for talking me down Silver. I'll wait. I hope they do as we've asked. Teddy's post says they took the time to add more money needed to finish the quest he almost had done yesterday. Doesn't look good.

Edited on 09/29/2014 at 8:20:06 PM PST

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Oct 1, 14 5:51 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey guppies56

As mentioned in bfgMurrumbidgee's post on the second page of this thread, the feedback shared in both this thread and the suggestion threads for each game is being shared with the appropriate teams. We are keeping them up to date with your concerns.

This thread is primarily for everyone to discuss the letter posted. If you'd like to see feedback from other players on specific games, you can always find these posts in the suggestion threads for those games.

I hope this helps to clarify things, but as always, if there are any questions, please feel free to PM one of the Mods.

bfgVaiya

TY bfg Vaiya, does Midnight Castle have a suggestion thread? I looked in the stickied threads and it is not there, I can't seem to find it using advanced search either.

LadySorcha
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by LadySorcha on Oct 2, 14 10:29 AM
Thank you Vlania ! Well said! You put all my thought out there and I thank you and all involved in this endever. As I posted before in my own plea to BF, we are being bombarded with updates! Not all of us want or need so many updates. Where is the option? I when to launch MC today and was forced to update! Was unable to play.
Rudely informed me that my version was out of date! I just updated!
And that with many pitfalls! Kept pausing and was unable to continue download when I tried to start again. Whenever someone else used the computer, or I wanted to do something else while it downloaded, it bugged up, paused and would not continue on. This also happened to the AK update. I love the game and was afraid I'd lost it. We won't go into detail of the ill fated FOUND FTP game I tried to update.
All I'll say is I ended up losing that game as it refused to update!
Thank you Vlania ! I'll add my voice gladly! Let's fight the good fight!

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 2, 14 11:43 AM
To bfgVaiya,

You mentioned that the mods play Midnight Castle also and were very aware of the unique stamp shortage. It does not seem to have been resolved with this update, at least for me and others I have spoken to. When will this fix be included in an update? Almost all of my friends have them on their wishlist, and one has been searching for over 4 days, myself for 3. Please respond with some concrete information.

I would also like to mention that I have a new area to open that will cost $15,000 coins. After crafting to the tune of nearly $10,000 for quests, and opening another area for $6,500, I have approximately $1000 coins. I think this speaks to the boredom that some are feeling continually circling HOS scenes over and over on an endless basis for very little reward.

Respectfully,

NoFish Today

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 2, 14 2:34 PM
Hey NoFishToday

Unfortunately, the Mod Team hasn't been provided with information on the Unique Stamps. We had really hoped that it would be included in the update that opened up the tournaments. Right now, we don't have any concrete information.

I do play the game, not only so that I can understand it to help when I can, but also because I enjoy playing. I'm just about to reach level 18, and I know how difficult it is to get through a quest when you don't have the Unique Stamps to do it.

We are also well aware of the cost to open new areas. I'm unable to find any concrete information to offer, but I can assure you, we are letting the appropriate teams know how you all feel about these issues.

bfgVaiya

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Oct 2, 14 4:39 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey NoFishToday

Unfortunately, the Mod Team hasn't been provided with information on the Unique Stamps. We had really hoped that it would be included in the update that opened up the tournaments. Right now, we don't have any concrete information.

I do play the game, not only so that I can understand it to help when I can, but also because I enjoy playing. I'm just about to reach level 18, and I know how difficult it is to get through a quest when you don't have the Unique Stamps to do it.

We are also well aware of the cost to open new areas. I'm unable to find any concrete information to offer, but I can assure you, we are letting the appropriate teams know how you all feel about these issues.

bfgVaiya
Hi bfg Vaiya,

You state you're only at level 18.. at that stage you won't need the Unique Stamps very much. It's when you hit above level 35 and up that you find you need to craft items that require the Unique Stamps. Sometimes not just one of that item, but several! I just leveled up to 44 and now I'm Stuck, because I only have 2 Unique Stamps and I need 8 to craft the items in order to continue. I've done all HOS's for 5 days and no Unique Stamps have dropped in that time. I refuse to purchase stamps with diamonds. The Devs NEED to Know what is happening or there will probably be Many Desertions of this game.

Thank You.....

apollogold aka Shadow in the castle

Go to: