Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by emofire01 on Dec 14, 14 3:26 PM
kazooie2628 wrote:Weird stuff happening in Princess Daphne's Room. When I click the statue in the center, the screen goes kind of dim, like when you're looking at an inventory item, but nothing shows up. Does that make sense? Anyway, I checked the guide and it says that there's supposed to be like a close-up in the frame. I just got the game and I've enjoyed it so far, but this thing is keeping me from getting an item I need to complete the game. If it were a bonus or something, I'd be content to wait it out.
I'm gonna try and do a system update (I'm not running Yosemite yet) and see if that helps. If not, then I'll be back to update this post.

I am having this same problem. I use a Mac OS X 10.9.5. You said that you put in an update, but I haven't been able to download anything. I followed your steps to manually download the update, but the program says there isn't one. I even deleted and then re-downloaded from the main site, and there is still no change!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by Yatti55 on Dec 15, 14 5:09 AM
kazooie2628 wrote:Weird stuff happening in Princess Daphne's Room. When I click the statue in the center, the screen goes kind of dim, like when you're looking at an inventory item, but nothing shows up. Does that make sense? Anyway, I checked the guide and it says that there's supposed to be like a close-up in the frame. I just got the game and I've enjoyed it so far, but this thing is keeping me from getting an item I need to complete the game. If it were a bonus or something, I'd be content to wait it out.
I'm gonna try and do a system update (I'm not running Yosemite yet) and see if that helps. If not, then I'll be back to update this post.

[Post New]by rdayaus23 on Dec 19, 14 12:17 PM
I'm having the same problem in Princess Daphne's Room as others posted here. Dimming and have to go to Maps to even get out of the room. Just locks up. I'm running on OS X Yosemite, 10.10.1 MacBook Pro. Too bad, great game but I'm at an impasse and can't go any further. May need to get my money back on this one. Disappointing.

[Post New]by mel1knee on Dec 19, 14 7:40 PM
Same here. Running Mac OSX 10.9.5 Also stuck in Princess Daphne's room with the same dimming/freezing issue on the statue that others have reported.

Moving the game to the Applications folder (as suggested by another user in the forum) did not resolve the issue for me.

Please fix.

[Post New]by jungle10 on Dec 20, 14 4:32 PM
Having same issues as kazooie2628. Screen will dim when you try to put either the crown or staff onto the statue, and the only way out of the room is to navigate with the map. It will not allow you to move out of the room any other way. I am running Macbook Pro, Yosemite. Any help will be most appreciated. I can not go any further

Re: Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by micaMtim on Dec 21, 14 9:23 PM
The same issue!!! In Princess Daphne's Room screen will dim when I try to interact with the statue. Macbook Pro, Yosemite.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 22, 14 9:50 AM
Hey Everyone

I'm really sorry to see Mac players are having trouble with this portion of the game! I've gone ahead and forwarded this along to the appropriate team, and hopefully a fix can be found as soon as possible.

Once we get more information on this issue, the Mods will update you

Thanks for your patience while we look into this!

bfgVaiya

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 25, 14 4:11 PM
I don't know if this a tech issue or not but I cannot finish the bonus chapter. I have all 3 mermaids and according to the guide a puzzle was supposed to appear when I got the bronze one. It did not and I cannot release the last princess.
I have Windows 7.
I started the game again and the puzzle appeared and I finished the game.

Edited on 12/25/2014 at 4:29:08 PM PST

[Post New]by lindaschuh on Dec 27, 14 8:19 PM
I am also having trouble in Daphne's room. Screen goes dim and I've tried placing the crown and baton but nothing happens. I also can only leave the room using the map. I also on Yosemite and Firefox. Any fix for this?

[Post New]by suzyoboe on Jan 1, 15 6:55 PM
Same problem...Mac pro laptop, Yosemite etc. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by ena5674 on Jan 4, 15 12:49 AM
Same issue here as so many others seem to have, since I am not able to zoom in on the statue in Daphne's room. However, I am running Mountain Lion (not Yosemite!), and I have never had such issues with a game before. I hope a fix will be released soon!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 4, 15 1:37 PM
Hey there

I just wanted to pop by and let you know that the issue in Princess Daphne's room has been sent along so a fix can be investigated. We're still waiting for more information on when a fix may be available, but as soon as the Mods get any new information, we'll make an announcement!

Thanks you for being so patient while we work on this!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by nancywaites on Jan 10, 15 2:23 PM

I'm having the same issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same.
Also on a Mac

[Post New]by FreshH2OCatFish on Jan 12, 15 8:01 AM
So excited to finally make my visit back and see there was an update… so sad that I could not find it and same thing is still happening… so sorry for other Mac users…. but I am waiting patiently in good company for another fix… Mac Pro 10.8.5

Edited on 01/12/2015 at 8:02:59 AM PST

[Post New]by tfurst on Jan 13, 15 10:29 AM
If there is a fix/update for Mac users for the game, where is it? And has it been released yet? I keep getting stuck in Princess Daphne's room and it's quite annoying because I would like to finish the game. I'm on a MacBook Pro running Yosemite. Ver. 10.10.1

[Post New]by Jayvensmom on Jan 14, 15 10:33 AM
fangmcgee wrote:I have the problem of the screen dimming and then not being able to click on anything when I'm in the bonus game. Specifically, the skeleton with the shield in the Water Gate. I'm using Mac OS X Yosemite. Any suggestions? I can't proceed otherwise.

I am having the same issue too! I thought it was just me. I created another game profile to see if it made a difference, did not. I really love these games I hope it gets fixed! I am going to delete and reinstall the game to see if I have any better luck. Will keep you posted. If it doesn't work..I hope there is a way to fix it. I am using Mac OS X Yosemite as well.

[Post New]by booksrock on Jan 14, 15 4:53 PM
I figured out that when you said to open the app (for the update) that you meant that thing that always opens automatically when I play one of your games. However, when I manually look for the update there is none. Should I uninstall and reinstall? Will that help? The User Guide in the CE version is exactly the same as the blog walk through, which are both not helpful at all with my problem.

Edited on 01/14/2015 at 4:54:03 PM PST

[Post New]by AwaitingDestiny on Feb 8, 15 9:46 PM
Every time I try to access the shield HOP in the bonus game it just brings up a blank screen, I cant even get out of the screen unless I use the map to transport me to a different room. I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling but it didn't work. I even deleted that account on the game, made a new one, and started the game all over and it still does the same thing. Please help! I am using a mac.

Edited on 02/08/2015 at 9:47:26 PM PST

[Post New]by LittleLizard1 on Feb 18, 15 10:17 AM
I have the problem of the screen dimming and then not being able to click on anything when I'm in the bonus game. Specifically, the skeleton with the shield in the Water Gate. I'm using Mac OS 10.8.5. Any suggestions? I cannot proceed.

[Post New]by zhuzhu87 on Mar 14, 15 5:33 PM
I cant click on daphne's statue in her room (well i can but the screen get dark and does nothing ) And because of that i cant get past the purple force field thingy in the throne room

so if anyone could help me out that would be great

Go to: