Re:Welcome to Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect forum

[Post New]by kittensloy on May 17, 10 11:50 AM
I'm on the final solution to this game. In the Confucius area, the lower right purple spread with the half oyster on it, doesn't display the round boxes with the items to find to get the puzzle piece. I've deleted this game and downloaded it again with the same problem. Is this a game defect?

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Jun 20, 10 10:00 AM
i am stuck in the library. i have been away from the game for a while and came back to play again. i can't get down the spiral stairs that opened up. and it won't let me go anywhere else. when i click on hint it highlights the moving ladder with the blue jar behind it but it won't let me do anything.

Problems with game

[Post New]by peggykraus1008 on Jun 21, 10 10:42 AM
Last night it locked my computer up and just gave be a black screen. Today I am in the Tavern and the water is attached to the barrel but the jar won't go into my inventory. I think this game still has bugs that need to be worked out before it was released.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 1, 10 8:14 PM
Played the demo and ended up buying this one the other night. It's kinda unique - but sort of in an annoying sort of way - but fun all at the same time (confusing, I know).

Initially, I liked it because it was so different from anything I played before. But the more you play the repeated scenes with looking for obscure shaped objects (you're looking for pieces that are split into many pieces OR really bland every-piece-looks-like this type objects), I just found myself wishing for my recognizable objects to look for.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's an enjoyable game to a point. I certainly had fun for the 2-3 hours I played it. It's just that after that, I don't really have any urge to go back to it. Still, worth demoing - chances are you will like it.

ETA: Doh! I just paid full price for this one 3 days ago and now it's the DD. Sigh.

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 3:56:15 PM PST

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jul 7, 10 4:41 AM
A fun game for younger ages. It's not that challenging. Graphics are clear and bright and instructions are easy to follow. There are a lot of hints, so you're never stuck and you can skip minigames.

But it's not challenging enough or detailed enough for me to buy.

Welcome to Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect forum

[Post New]by linedancecindy on Jul 9, 10 9:25 PM
MYTHREEKIDS3 wrote:
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

I'm stuck on the level with the poker in the scene. I need to find out where to use the poker.

[Post New]by linedancecindy on Jul 9, 10 9:28 PM
i'm stuck on the poker, can't discover where to use it. can anyone help. I saw someone else ask the same question, but can't find the answer they got. i'm desperate for help. really enjoying the game.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 11, 10 5:33 PM
The Big Fish says I already own this game but I don't. I have purchased the game: Flux Family Secrets: Time Ripple.

How can they make such an error ? I have already contacted the Fish on this matter and nothing has been done yet to rectify the matter. I hate being told that I have already purchased the game when I haven't.

Could Charlie the Tuna gotten bad again and caused another glitch? Or is he just on the job again?

I liked playing the trial version but didn't have the $$ to purchase it at the time. Now that I have the $$ I can't. Bummers.

Grizabe11a
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Grizabe11a on Jul 18, 10 9:32 AM
Help! I am in the inventor section, looking for the last earpiece for Ben Franklin's glasses in the Wright Bros. Got the lenses OK, but the Hints has sent me to every corner of the room, and I CANNOT see that earpiece. I can't even find it in the walkthrough. If it's still in the drawer it's locked itself in. Getting very frustrating here, where the $^&@^!!! is it?

It's small and colorless and invisible. No fair!!!!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jul 18, 10 6:45 PM
I liked this game, beautiful graphics and interesting mini games. Absolutely well thought out.

Lots of fun to play.

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Jul 18, 10 7:36 PM
Grizabe11a wrote:Help! I am in the inventor section, looking for the last earpiece for Ben Franklin's glasses in the Wright Bros. Got the lenses OK, but the Hints has sent me to every corner of the room, and I CANNOT see that earpiece. I can't even find it in the walkthrough. If it's still in the drawer it's locked itself in. Getting very frustrating here, where the $^&@^!!! is it?

It's small and colorless and invisible. No fair!!!!

Did you check the W/T? http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/flux-family-secrets-the-ripple-effect-walkthrough

[Post New]by raybeebaby on Jul 22, 10 8:22 AM
The Ripple Effect was great. I love the puzzles in this game. Where can I find the puzzles only????

[Post New]by VenomousKate on Aug 28, 10 3:49 PM
Wow, I really enjoyed this game! Though not usually a fan of FROGs, this one was so clever and entertaining. The graphics were quite nice, and the music was actually enjoyable (for a change).

I particularly liked how the game play went from one time period to another, which seemed to provide just the right dose of newness to keep me hooked and playing far longer than I intended to. Also, the bits of historical information were neat!

No, puzzles weren't terribly challenging... but that's a bonus in my opinion since I play games to relax, not to spend the night pounding my head against the desk trying to figure out insanely difficult solutions.

Interestingly, the game seems to suggest there are more difficult HOGs on replay. I think I may come back to this one in a few weeks to find out if that's true. Meanwhile, I'm off to demo the next Flux Family game because I sure enjoyed this one a lot!

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Sep 16, 10 9:11 AM
This game was very enjoyable with a creative story line. The developers based it on historical perspectives with interesting characters. All in all, the game was not difficult. There were various puzzles that were somewhat challenging, but certainly doable. The graphics were beautiful and the music appropriate. Well worth the money! I like the fact you can play it again with different HOs to find. Will look forward to the next sequel.

stuck in first room!

[Post New]by kcb194 on Nov 7, 10 12:26 PM
I can't believe I'm stuck in this first room. I think I may be encountering a learning curve. I have printed out the walkthrough with advice on how to play, but it's not helping me much.

I believe I've found everything in the room I can. 3 "trays" are closed and the only open one has a piece of a clock in it. I've doused the fire and put the cryptex on the table. I completed the cryptex mini game.

The free standing clock is assembled on the fireplace. The hands say it's about 8:10. Where are the hands on the clock for the grandfather clock? One of the trays has a round object that says hands of the clock, but I can't get it to do anything. So I haven't played the clock game

If I click on hint it says I need to go to another time period, nothing else is available here. I clicked all over the time machine but can't make it work.

Can someone help me progress?

Help Help Please

[Post New]by susiecrete on Feb 27, 11 11:44 AM
I am having exactly the same problem cannot get hands to the clock and the time machine is not working what have I done wrong? Sue

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 10, 11 5:15 PM
IYBAKH wrote:This game was very enjoyable with a creative story line. The developers based it on historical perspectives with interesting characters. All in all, the game was not difficult. There were various puzzles that were somewhat challenging, but certainly doable. The graphics were beautiful and the music appropriate. Well worth the money! I like the fact you can play it again with different HOs to find. Will look forward to the next sequel.

Hi all, Once more I echo your words and thoughts IYBAKH. I bought this game last year and played it through then with no problems. A thoroughly enjoyable game and a keeper. I was struck again by the gorgeous graphics, so clear and crisp! More please.
Love to all in the pond, Pat_ric_ia x

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on May 29, 11 11:28 PM
textrekkie wrote:I liked this game, beautiful graphics and interesting mini games. Absolutely well thought out.

Lots of fun to play.

Totally agree. Don't know why I haven't spotted this one B4 as I have The Rabbit Hole. Now I read there is another one!

Empty Jar won't work

[Post New]by Bex789 on Jun 11, 11 4:08 AM
jmccosh wrote:I am at the next to last level.. with Confucious and Franklin and the Glass Jar you get from the Confucious that is suppose to go into one of the "starry" puzzles in the Franklin scene won't work. It wont take it and says you need another item to use there. But there are no other items and it is clearly the shaded out picture of the Glass Jar I need. Any fixes or suggestions? I am using the Mac version.

[Post New]by Bex789 on Jun 11, 11 4:09 AM
I'm having the same problem on the iPad2 version. Will let you know if I get a response from the helpline.

Go to: