Beginner's Questions

Re:Beginner's Questions

[Post New]by Houdini44 on Mar 22, 15 7:56 AM
SunFlash wrote:Hi Houdini, welcome to the threads.

I know the competitions are very frustrating for several reasons - especially for newer players.

If you look on page one of this thread there is some good advice on how to get better scores on the competitions. You really can't win without that info.

I have found that there are certain times of the day and night when I can more easily find players at my own level. Maybe, if you try playing at different times you will find the best time for you.

Unfortunately, the higher level players know the rooms so well that it's pretty impossible to beat them. All you can do is keep trying and your scores will improve and you will be able to win more often.

It's like if you were playing tennis and every time you tried to play with someone at your own level, Serena Williams jumped on the court and pushed that person out of the way and started decimating you (sorry, Serena, you were the only tennis player I could think of ).

I would stick to the "Participate" games rather than the "You Have to Win" games for a while so you don't use up all your pearls. Eventually, you'll be able to move on to the "Win" ones and actually win. I did it after a while and I'm really pathetically slow.

Good luck!

Hi SunFlash,

Thanks for the advice. I have read the thread and utilize the tips. I guess I will stick with the "participate" games since I don't have thousands of pearls and don't want to purchase anymore. I'll just stay out of "Serena's" way for the time being. lol... I should probably ease up on the and remember that I play this game for relaxation.

Edited on 03/22/2015 at 7:57:37 AM PST

SunFlash
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by SunFlash on Apr 1, 15 2:16 AM
Bumping this for new players.

[Post New]by SnailRanch3558 on Apr 1, 15 8:09 AM
Clashfan78 wrote:
crisgori wrote:Sorry I'm just at level 14 and I understand nothing of this game yet. Please can you tell me where is the witch and where I can use my tarra cards?
Thanks for your help

To answer your specific question in order to use your tarra cards when you click on a room you will see two options at the bottom right side. One is to "explore" and the other is to "change mode". If you click on the change button you will get a screen showing you all the different search modes. This is where you can use silver tarra cards.

At the top of the this screen is a tab for ghost modes. That is where you can use gold cards to either get a needed ghost or change the type you have in the room already.

You earn cards by doing the Mayan runes (top right chest has 10 silver, top left has 10 gold), by helping neighbors with their expeditions and the weekly quest awards usually contain some.

Happy gaming!

It's like an everlasting gobstopper this game. Always something new to learn.

What is a weekly quest award and is it only given to experienced players up to questing stage?

Cheers.

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Apr 1, 15 8:44 AM
Hi

@SnailRanch3558 The weekly quest reward are the offers on the right hand side of the screen with the words new in them. E.G for this weeks offers we have " Traveling Circus" and " Fool's Day " and if you have completed all the quests in these offers and the main room that comes with doing these offers you get a chest reward.

Most of the offers are repeated so don't worry if your low level at the moment and can't complete any. The main thing is to have fun and enjoy playing the game

Happy Gaming

[Post New]by SnailRanch3558 on Apr 1, 15 1:56 PM
deadme wrote:Hi

@SnailRanch3558 The weekly quest reward are the offers on the right hand side of the screen with the words new in them. E.G for this weeks offers we have " Traveling Circus" and " Fool's Day " and if you have completed all the quests in these offers and the main room that comes with doing these offers you get a chest reward.

Most of the offers are repeated so don't worry if your low level at the moment and can't complete any. The main thing is to have fun and enjoy playing the game

Happy Gaming

I am having fun and enjoying the game.

Thanks for explaining. lol

Edited on 04/01/2015 at 2:03:45 PM PST

[Post New]by SnailRanch3558 on Apr 1, 15 10:38 PM
What does the baby dragon do? Why do I need to keep it happy?

[Post New]by janlyons on Apr 1, 15 11:13 PM
Hi, very new here - trying to work things out! How do tournaments work? I've only been matched with an opponent once, and it sat on the Paper,scissors,rock screen for about 2 mins before I got frustrated and refreshed the browser.

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Apr 1, 15 11:17 PM
SnailRanch3558 wrote:What does the baby dragon do? Why do I need to keep it happy?

Your talking about the dragon that is at the beginning of your hood, correct? As a new player I would advise you not to use your gold on keeping the dragon happy.

They give you a small boost in different areas if they are kept happy. Valemir (the pink dragon) gives you a 5% boost in XP's when you explore.

If you play in the Valley every room you open will give you the option of taming a new dragon. It costs gems to tame them. Each dragon has a different boost and they increase as you move up the Valley.

I'm not saying to never use them but when you're new and your gold is limited the exchange of the small boost is not enough to offset the amount you spent. Especially since the rooms in the Manor and even Paris give you such low XP's anyway. It's a better deal to save up for the VIP status as it lasts longer and gives you a boost for gold and XP's plus cuts down your regeneration time.

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Apr 10, 15 12:23 AM
Hi Fishes

New players come and read this thread

[Post New]by Houdini44 on Apr 10, 15 3:33 PM
A question about feeding dragons....

I was under the impression that if you are the last to feed a dragon, you should receive an additional chest (I think it is the "lucky" chest). Is there a reason that you would not receive it if you are the last to feed the dragon??

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Apr 10, 15 3:48 PM
Houdini44 wrote:A question about feeding dragons....

I was under the impression that if you are the last to feed a dragon, you should receive an additional chest (I think it is the "lucky" chest). Is there a reason that you would not receive it if you are the last to feed the dragon??

You might not have been the last to feed it. It's possible that as you clicked someone else did also. The game will still take your food you just don't get that lucky chest. It does happen and it's not usually intentional that two players may be feeding at the same time.

[Post New]by Houdini44 on Apr 13, 15 8:55 PM
Ah so! Thank you, Clashfan. I learn something new everyday while RoMing.

[Post New]by SnailRanch3558 on Apr 20, 15 1:00 PM
My "kind" scarecrows aren't dropping the Power of Lightnings that I need. I've got one of three. I'm half way through Grand Master level in the Hobbit Hut thinking he'll drop what I need when I've completed the level, but its a timed area. I can get 5 powers at the store for 48 crystals, if I had 48 crystals. And they're not gift-able, apparently.
How do I convince the scarecrow to be kind for a change?

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 20, 15 1:14 PM
Light a torch and wave it menacingly at him!

[Post New]by SnailRanch3558 on Apr 20, 15 1:16 PM
achumannfaery wrote:Light a torch and wave it menacingly at him!

Lol. Thanks.

tramserran
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by tramserran on Apr 20, 15 1:21 PM
SnailRanch3558 wrote:My "kind" scarecrows aren't dropping the Power of Lightnings that I need. I've got one of three. I'm half way through Grand Master level in the Hobbit Hut thinking he'll drop what I need when I've completed the level, but its a timed area. I can get 5 powers at the store for 48 crystals, if I had 48 crystals. And they're not gift-able, apparently.

Make sure you click on the task on the left hand side and are using the helping hand icon. This will "remind" the Kind Scarecrow that you need that item. If you click directly on the Kind Scarecrow, it rarely gives the needed item.

[Post New]by SnailRanch3558 on Apr 20, 15 3:42 PM
tramserran wrote:
SnailRanch3558 wrote:My "kind" scarecrows aren't dropping the Power of Lightnings that I need. I've got one of three. I'm half way through Grand Master level in the Hobbit Hut thinking he'll drop what I need when I've completed the level, but its a timed area. I can get 5 powers at the store for 48 crystals, if I had 48 crystals. And they're not gift-able, apparently.

Make sure you click on the task on the left hand side and are using the helping hand icon. This will "remind" the Kind Scarecrow that you need that item. If you click directly on the Kind Scarecrow, it rarely gives the needed item.

So it's the absent minded scarecrow.
Thank you.

[Post New]by lrettab on Apr 25, 15 7:43 PM
Does helping the creatures on a neighbor's map do anything for the neighbor? I know I get some coin & XP for it.

MsShan
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by MsShan on Apr 25, 15 7:48 PM
lrettab wrote:Does helping the creatures on a neighbor's map do anything for the neighbor? I know I get some coin & XP for it.

Hi lrettab, the creatures you see on your friends map are just for you, and when they visit your map they have creatures they can get XP and coin for.

Edited on 04/25/2015 at 7:51:41 PM PST

tramserran
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by tramserran on Apr 25, 15 8:38 PM
lrettab wrote:Does helping the creatures on a neighbor's map do anything for the neighbor? I know I get some coin & XP for it.

When you visit your neighbor, you are NOT seeing their actual neighborhood. The creatures and ghosts that appear are NOT the same as what the neighbor has in their actual neighborhood. So you are NOT "helping" your neighbor by feeding their creatures and chasing away their ghosts.

When I was new, I in-game messaged a neighbor and asked them to feed my creatures (so a new creature could appear that I needed) and to chase away a ghost from my Library. I kept waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and finally one of the neighbors messaged me back and told me that it doesn't work that way. I still don't understand why I am visiting a facade of my neighbor's neighborhood and not their actual neighborhood.

Go to: