Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by deedee_bear on Nov 28, 14 5:27 PM
It took me 4 attempts to down load the game (took approximately 2 hours each time I tried to download - I started to try to download it on Tuesday evening around 8 and finally sent a trouble ticket to big fish as 12:40am, they still have not responded with a solution) So I tried reloading again today, tied up my internet for 8 hours and finally got it to activate. Was going fine until it froze up searching for the 2nd coin in the car. I came to the forums and was shocked to see how many issues people are having with the game. MCF are always large files and I have never had a problem with any of them before. Well this is just a steaming pile of poo. I guess I will try restarting to see if I can get past the car.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by Angelgirlmew on Nov 28, 14 6:15 PM
Angelgirlmew wrote:Now I have a new one....again, iPad version of the game. When I pick up the last page of Derek's diary in his house, the game crashes and closes. Now I can't do anything-every time I pick up the page, the game closes.

Paid the money,bought the game, can't play it. I am not happy.

I finally got past this one....I kept reopening the game, backing out of the location, back to the location, pick up the page, crash, do it again, I think I even talked to Samuel a couple of times. It finally unglitched and let me move forward. Not quite a fix though, I think I got lucky.

[Post New]by Lisanette on Nov 28, 14 7:11 PM
hdnobjgamluvr wrote:
biscuitsmama wrote:My McAfee found the following Trojan and quarantined the file:

Artemis!F1FABEDF1E11

Said something about screen puzzle 1. I have never had this happen before. I thought BFG guarantees that all their games are virus tested and that these types of files are not in their games.

I sure hope this doesn't cause any issues with playing the game but will soon find out as I am off to start playing now.

I just downloaded the game and got the same warning from McAfee. Never had that happen before

I received the "Trojan" message too. McAfee quarantined it. Hmmm.....

[Post New]by Darkangel20685 on Nov 28, 14 8:01 PM
Hi having the same problem with the car. I was hoping that the problem would have a fix already. I love this series and I'm a little upset over not being able to play it out. I've read all the suggestions but none have worked for me Big Fish please fix so I can finish the game.

Wigi
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Wigi on Nov 28, 14 9:08 PM
Just adding to all those reports of the game crashing in the "alternative ending" match pairs raven part.

Had to reload twice and then game crashed again when picking up the last bits of the dagger.

Also like many others the download time was very slow, not hours but an unusual length of time.

Wish I hadn't bothered, horrible game anyway, made no sense and the only way to describe the denouement is "flogging a dead horse".

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Nov 28, 14 10:00 PM
I was waiting until December 1 to buy the game, but it seems that there is not only a virus, but glitches in the bonus game as well. The virus issue is very disappointing as BFG promotes itself as having games without viruses, and the quality of games seems to be going downhill.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 29, 14 3:48 AM
It took forever to download, and once it finally did.. it said; tryal expired, please buy the game.. Haven't played one minute of it... MAD!!!

[Post New]by Darkangel20685 on Nov 29, 14 5:48 AM
Darkangel20685 wrote:Hi having the same problem with the car. I was hoping that the problem would have a fix already. I love this series and I'm a little upset over not being able to play it out. I've read all the suggestions but none have worked for me Big Fish please fix so I can finish the game.

sorry I forgot to post my OS its windows 8.1

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Nov 29, 14 6:08 AM
I was really enjoying the game playing with no problems until I got to Chapter 5 Derek and the Mist Walkers and I believe I was at the point where I had the loaded gun and shot at the telephone both and received the key. Then my whole screen went blue with a whole lot of writing on it. Next my computer shut down and restarted. I got the screen where it says there was a problem and windows needed to shut down and it asked to restart normally or in safe mode. I chose normally(maybe should have answered safe mode) I went back into the game and it said all my player data was gone and I have to start the game all over again. Is this a glitch in the game? Or has anyone else encountered this happening?? I have windows 7 64 bit running.

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Nov 29, 14 7:22 AM
Running Windows 7 with F-Secure. Upon installation of the game I got a virus message saying the file was "screensaver_puzzle1.scr" and my virus checker removed the file. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the same thing happened. This did not happen with the demo, only the full game, since you don't get the extras with the demo. It named the virus "Gen: Variant" Zbot.7" . So far the game seems to be playing okay, and since it seems to be a screensaver file that got deleted it may not matter (Screensaver 2, 3, 4, and 5 files were not affected!).

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Nov 29, 14 8:00 AM
The game keeps crashing with me, so I've deleted it from my computer, and I've asked for my money back, I hope if and when they bring out the S/E of the game, that plays OK, so I'll get that instead, I'm not happy at all
I use 64 bit Windows 7

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Nov 29, 14 8:20 AM
I remember the days when Mods were assigned to watch over posts and problem solve or at least tell us what was happening. Or Paul would pop in and apologize and explain what they were doing, like contacting McAfee. So I'm very disappointed that the technical issues in games are no longer addressed in a timely manner. I put in a TS ticket but no word yet.

[Post New]by kmzilla on Nov 29, 14 11:54 AM
Running Windows 8.1
no virus software

no problems until now... was playing the mini game in the tree at the Druid Shrine, couldn't figure it out, decided to take a break.... saved my game when I came back it said my file had been corrupted and my profile has been deleted.

going to try again, fingers crossed

[Post New]by Needles1352 on Nov 30, 14 2:50 PM
My McAfee also detected the Trojan and quaranteed it. What gives BF? Aren't you checking your games for this stuff? Also there is a glitch in the alternate ending. There is a "find six matches" area in a storage shed and the game freezes here. It still plays music and the cursor moves, but no exit arrow, and no clicking on anything. I understand the game is over and this is just extra stuff, but, hey, we did pay for this extra stuff. Getting very frustrating.

loriisi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by loriisi on Nov 30, 14 3:12 PM
cannot download. Error code: 8011001. I did review the help screen and my laptop and all is well there. I am running on windows 8. Please advise as I was looking forward to this all year!

tinysteps
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tinysteps on Nov 30, 14 5:02 PM
me too, the game froze in the car when I am looking for the second coin. If I quit and sign back in, the games goes back to the frozen screen. I had to alt-control-delete to get out.

aeris22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by aeris22 on Nov 30, 14 7:56 PM
Frozen in the car with everyone else - found one coin. Cursor moves but no clicking acknowledged. Have to soft boot (Ctrl+Alt+Del) to get out of HOP. Get back in and goes straight into the HOP and mouse moves but no clicking allowed.

OS: Win 7 64 bit with full updates, Browser: Chrome Version 39.0.2171.71 m.

Please send me a post-Thanksgiving/early Christmas gift and at least acknowledge our posts on this, since I took the time to read through all 6 pages of complaints for a fix. Thank You in advance.

Edited on 11/30/2014 at 7:57:46 PM PST

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Dec 1, 14 12:07 AM
Okay. Now I'm mad.

I was hung up in the alternate ending game, stuck on the ravens like many others. Then my game froze and I had to force close, and upon restart got the "Your game data has been corrupted and your profile deleted" message.

Running Windows 8.1 on an HP Pavilion

jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Dec 1, 14 1:29 AM
I was stuck in the car game, but following your (forum) advice, I clicked on the bottom of the thermos and got the record player, then it moved on. Now I'm having the (Sorta) same problem in the attic. I found 5 1/2 of the pieces I need. I found the quilt, but can't find it's pair. The computer won't give me a hint and the strategy guide won't work. The cursor moves, but doesn't select anything. Would have probably bought game anyway, but would like to know if BF is working on these (seemingly) far spread glitches. I don't buy many games anymore just because I can't afford them, then when I do splurge on one, I'd like to be confident in that purchase. If you are working on it BF, Thanks! Windows 8 by the way

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 1, 14 11:28 AM
Hey there

I'm really sorry to see how many of you are having trouble with the game

I just wanted to let you all know that the issue involving a McAfee virus warning is something we are aware of, and we're working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

If you're getting a virus warning from a security program other than McAfee, or if you're experiencing a different issue, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be more than happy to help!

bfgVaiya

Go to: