Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Gummy Drop! here!

[Post New]by gumdropfan on Oct 12, 16 7:35 AM
I'm getting ready to start Shanghai, after I complete Transylvania. Most of the cities are enjoyable, although NYC was too lengthy and Berlin was a grueling ordeal!

I loved Paris and New Orleans the most.

The game board and token appearance affect my enjoyment. I like the cities with the greener and redder backgrounds, trees that sway in the wind, fireflies, etc. I loved the bicycle in Paris and the pigeon in Rome. But if I take a dislike to the appearance of some of the little people, I don't enjoy playing for their rewards. Isn't that stupid? I can't help my reaction.

I like looking for treasure chests, spinning the wheel, buying and selling resources, drilling for gems, shipping resources.

I like this game SO much better than other match-3 games like 3 Dots or Candy Crush. Actually, I love this game. Some of the levels are incredibly clever in their design, and I find myself admiring the unseen, unknown developers. Thank you all so much for your work!

Dyw2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Dyw2 on Oct 12, 16 6:03 PM
I've posted in the tech issues forum about my game not working anymore & placed me back at the beginning. Today my game was back to it's original level therefore I want to say thanks for resolving whatever the issue was. I love playing this game! Some levels are impossible to get through without extra help so I wish we got more than 5 extra moves for the price we pay & that we can request help from all friends playing not just the few that show since they obviously don't play anymore but other than that it's a great game. That's why we get upset when we can't play.

[Post New]by Dropped1 on Dec 11, 16 6:45 PM
I have to agree with others here. If it is too hard to win a level it is not fun anymore. I love this game but the difficulty level for Master Builder is ridiculous. Frustrated. Uninstalling--waste of time.

[Post New]by TheMama25 on Jan 10, 17 7:33 PM
I am absolutely addicted to this game, I play it several times every single day. My only grouch is the amount of lives that you get - 3 just isn't enough especially if you have no-one to send you more lives. Could you not increase it to at least 5 maybe please.

Re:Hideaway Bay

[Post New]by Zanna317 on Jan 25, 17 1:59 PM
For a special event area that is set up to seem so relaxing and a welcome break from this grueling winter, I feel a little miffed that I am eating up lives with impossible and NOT RELAXING levels!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Jan 26, 17 12:11 AM
Just a couple of observations on previous comments.

I agree that only 3 lives is frustrating. The only item I have ever paid cash for is the upgrade to 5 lives. Even then I waited until there was an offer and it cost very little.
I don't play any more levels than are required to move on to the next city. I will then return to uncompleted levels later if I need to increase the gold I have available. Some of the Master Builder levels do seem to be almost impossible to complete without additional resources.
So far I haven't found the latest special event, Hideaway Bay, to be resource hungry or eating up lives. I'm at level 38.

[Post New]by arienanna54 on Jan 27, 17 5:10 PM
how do I get to Budapest.it says its coming soon.

[Post New]by Ivonnewierink on Feb 1, 17 12:58 AM
Hi, good game. But I think there is a problem at hideawaybeach. Level 36 is , I think, impossible to finish. Me, and my friends, are all att level 36, and it's very frustrating. We want to build the wreck ?

Edited on 02/01/2017 at 1:03:46 AM PST

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Mar 26, 17 9:01 AM
Where is the proper place to post suggestions re Gummy Drop!?

I would love to be able to have a video replay of the helping hands graphic that appears when one wins the hand (at least one time before I leave the screen). Sometimes I am paying too much attention to my play and miss the clever graphics - that's not good.

On a more strategic level, it seems very bad design that I cannot look at a screen that I just lost. I would like to do so to evaluate what I just did plus evaluate whether it is a decent hand to extend my time or moves. This would make the game much more enjoyable since strategy is so much a part of it.

Is this is not the place to have suggestions heard, please let me know the right way.

Thanks for a very interesting game.

[Post New]by klowklow on Mar 29, 17 9:52 AM
I LOVE gummy drop but it has gotten TOO HARD!!!
I'vebeen stuck on New Orleans spending most of my nearly 4000 coins just to finish the intern levels for over 10 months. I even stopped playing for a while because it was impossible. I get that the more people play the more money you want to make off them but to the extent of having terrible reviews? I agree with a lot of the people here that it used to be super fun but not anymore! it wouldn't be so bad if there weren't many levels but seeing as theres a new city every few weeks I'd like to be able to look forward to new cities but I absolutely could care less. please make the levels a bit more possible! !

GummyJac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by GummyJac on Apr 13, 17 4:29 PM
I like this game. However, it is way too hard. I wish you would let people select a level of difficulty that they want to persue for each challenge. I get stuck on some challenges for days or a month or longer. The timed games are especially difficult. Wharpt I do not like about this game is that this board is so faake. [Removed by Moderator]

I also think your tokens and assets are way to expensive. I cannot get out of shanghai because I do not have enough coins. I cannot win the 10 games in shanghai that give you 650 coins becausse the upper levels are unattainable without buying my way through them. Which I refuse to do. I have had to buy my way through most levels of shanghai and barcelona and new orleans and berlin because it is way too hard.

Everyone is not a genius! And everyone is not young with quick reflexes on timed rounds.

Actually I am getting really tired of this game. It is way too frustrating. [Removed by Moderator] That is UN American!

Other that that, I give this game an A for creativity and a D for everything else.

Edited on 04/13/2017 at 4:41:41 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 13, 17 4:47 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive reviews and thoughts about Gummy Drop!. I want players to know that we provide the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams so that they know what players are experiencing and like or don't like about the game, and we want to thank you all for your time and effort while providing that feedback, those suggestions, and reviews.

I do want to quickly remind all of our players about our Forum Rules and specifically would like to remind players to be aware of and abide by the following:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

By following the above rules, we can all help create a comfortable environment where games are discussed with one another. This helps players of all ages participate as they can, and we appreciate players being willing to help create that sort of atmosphere for other players such as themselves.

Thank you for your time and again for reviewing our game. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Jannes2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Jannes2 on Apr 23, 17 10:07 AM
Have played this game for close to two years, used to be fun. Right now am in Venice and about ready to stop. The amount of gummies needed to pass each level is ridiculous. When you need an extra 500.000 hats just to pass one level, all the fun is gone.
Also some architect levels are impossible to pass. Lastly, just do away with the miles, they are useless.

gardenbird
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by gardenbird on May 11, 17 2:24 AM
I have been playing this game since last October. I find the game addictive, but I am slowly coming to the conclusion that I should stop playing. I find I can get through one city a month and am now half way through New Orleans.
I have totally completed Sydney, Tokyo, San Francisco, Paris and London. I am still working on New York , Rome and Berlin and of course New Orleans.
What I dislike most about Gummy Drop is that it is such an unfair game. Instead of trying to make it enjoyable for the players, it seems to be more geared to trying to get the players to spend money. However the coins and boosts that can be bought are very, very expensive compared to the amount that are needed to complete some of the tabs. Also the amount of free coins and boosts that can be ‘won’ are at a level that can only be described as mean. This makes the game very frustrating to play, as some tabs have to be played over and over again before they can be won, that is: unless one spends money for extra time or for boosts. The thing is I would spend money if the purchase price wasn’t so unfair. £4.00 for 530 coins is just way, way too much, when 530 coins could well be used up just playing one tab. There are people out there who probably haven’t worked out the odds and could be getting themselves into financial difficulty. It would be easy to spend £20 to £30 or more on each city unless one is disciplined about it and just refuse to spend.
I ship every 4 hours , 4 or sometimes 5 times a day if I can fit it in. but even then the odds don’t add up. The most resources that are generated each 8hours (in each city with 2 resource centres ) are 24k BUT if you are shipping the maximum from each city, you are shipping 30k every 8 hours. I can see that this will matter less as more cities are completed. I have noted the fact that the resources need for completion of a city reduce after Amsterdam (according to notes on the Forum)
n.b. I have also noted that fact that when awarded infinite lives, the game can sometimes get impossible to complete any tabs!!
To sum up. Could be a very enjoyable game, if Big Fish adjusted the awards to be won upwards so that they aren’t so derisory. Also adjusted the price of purchasing coins and boosts downwards to make them more affordable. Not sure how much longer I’ll be playing.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on May 11, 17 6:44 AM
I'll just repeat what I, and many others have said before, it is possible to play through the game without spending any real money. I'm currently in Moscow and the only item I have spent money on was the upgrade to 5 lives from 3. It does take time to learn the various strategies required to get through certain levels, but they are there.
If you aren't enjoying the game take a break from it, don't throw money at it to complete a city.

gardenbird
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by gardenbird on May 13, 17 12:23 AM
I don’t spend real money. My gripe is that because free awards are so meagre (both coins and boosts) it is very difficult to collect enough of either to complete cities and enjoy playing the game at the same time. For me it has become tedious and no fun any more. I am wading through New Orleans very slowly and trying to complete the last 76 master builder tabs in Rome at the same time. The reason for being so slow in New Orleans is because it is impossible to collect enough resources within the city without buying HH, apart from shipping. I ship but because the game requires ridiculous amounts of resources to finish a building, I might have to ship for 3 to 4 days to amass enough resources in NO to proceed. Hence back to Rome where I am finding that I am having to play tabs at the master builder levels 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 times or higher over to win one tab. This is very, very tedious, especially as I know if I bought boosts I could get through them a lot quicker. However I need to save the coins I have to buy essentials - buying and building and upgrading resource stores and ports and buying extra moves or time where a tab is impossible to win without. If I find at the end of May, that I haven’t finished NO and Rome, I think I will call it a day and say goodbye to Gummy Drop. A pity, because I have enjoyed playing. N.B. NO is hard, even at intern level it can sometimes take more than 20 tries to win one tab.

[Post New]by KateC121 on Jun 25, 17 6:57 AM
I've been playing this game for some time now. I am currently in Shanghai and have completed all the special events (like the current Midsummer one) - about half of them to 100%. In Shanghai I am at the 30s levels. It has become incredibly difficult which has caused me to take a break from the game for a little while here and there. I play games for challenge and enjoyment, not to get frustrated (real life provides me with plenty of frustration lol).

I have purchased the 5 life boost and that helped finish up Barcelona as well as helped in the special events. It really hasn't done anything for me in Shanghai though, I do think the developers need to dial back the difficulty a bit. They did that about 6 months ago, or so, when there were many complaints about the difficulty level in one of the special events. I did finish NO, Barcelona and I think one other city to the 100% point. Bonuses were pretty good and I admit I enjoyed the sense of accomplishment.

As I refuse to get a Facebook account, I don't have "friends" in the game. Kinda wish it was like another BF game where you get "friends" within the game.

Expiring gifts and crashes

[Post New]by 1aniel on Jul 3, 17 4:23 AM
Let me start off by as saying how much I love the game. It's now the only game I play. I was disappointed that the gifts are now made to expire. This has really affected me these past few weeks. One morning my phone died and I'm in the process of replacing it. In the meantime I've downloaded the game to my tablet. I had 8 gifts to add to my stash. Because I was traveling, my tablet has no internet and I was on a plane for 2 days (no wifi either) I lost those 8 gifts. They expired. I was unable to download them without an internet connection.

Upon arriving to my destination, I got on Wi-Fi. The app had been updated, and now it crashes. I am unable to play or receive the 300 coins my sister told me that she sent to me. Also due to the crashing, I was unable to do the Sunday's bonus word. The crashing after updating isn't the first time this has happened. Please advise me as to what can be done. Thanks.

Edited on 07/03/2017 at 4:28:45 AM PST

Unhappy Gummy Drop player

[Post New]by njeana_03 on Jul 5, 17 9:56 PM
I hesitated posting this because it is just one of many posts with no resolution. It would be nice but it ain't gonna happen ??
I have been playing Gummy Drop off & on for about 2 years. . Mariculuously I made it to Venice with 5 levels to go to move to Moscow. I realize that the levels get harder as you progress but some of them are absolutely ridiculous. For example Venice level 119 - you get 25 moves to clear 48 tiles, get 9000 pink thingys and a score of 70,000, eliminate the sand while doing so as well as sand generator. I bought sand generators and rain storms and managed to clear everything. All I needed was 100 score to win the level which I did but instead of getting level complete I got the "out of moves" message. That is dirty pool no matter how you look at it. Level 115-2 is another example of unattainable expectations - 40 moves to clear 39 tiles, clear the sand and 4 sand generators and get a score of 50,000. Just another example of lots of money needed to clear the level. Needless to say this was the last straw for me.
The timed levels are equally ridiculous - I.e. The task is to clear all of the tiles, get a unattainable score all within 50 seconds (just an example of 1). They know that some of the levels cannot be completed without spending a lot of money which is their objective. I just happen to be one of your senior players on a fixed income that cannot continue playing this game. I know you're in business to make money but gouging people should not be allowed. Thanks for helping me a couple of times along the way but I'm done

[Post New]by maggiestrings on Jul 7, 17 9:34 AM
I very much enjoy gummy drop. I have one complaint/suggestion tho. It would be helpful to be able to trade some resources, I.e., bricks, etc. for coins. We get tons of resources and very few coins and everything costs a lot of coins. I realize you have to generate some profit by enticing us to buy coins, but it would be nice to be able to buy boosters with resources. This would make the game a lot more fun in my opinion. Thanks!

Go to: