diannb
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:TGT: Hidden in Time - Mirror Mirror

[Post New]by diannb on Apr 18, 09 4:21 PM
I can't get this to download! I've tried all day and it just stays at 36.6KB and doesn't progress further. Is theresome problem I'm not aware of. I'm using a Vista laptop.

diann

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on Apr 18, 09 4:26 PM
Try uninstalling and re-installing your game manager. Also right click on the game manager icon and run as administrator. Vista can be a little cranky LOL Be sure and leave the game manager up for at least half the download. If all else fails contact customer service, maybe they can talk you through some way of fixing it

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Apr 18, 09 4:41 PM
bribling wrote:There are 20 rooms. Since you play most (all?) of them twice that makes 40 rooms. It seems like a long enough game to me. I have been playing at least two hours and am a little over the half way point so I feel I have had my money's worth already. Not my favorite game but it is enjoyable and there are no tiny HOs

I do think the Devs did a great job for a first HOG so I am looking forward to see what they come up with next. For a first game, this is much better than some developers with more experience have done. So, a BIG and CONGRATS to the Monkey Barrel

Thanks for the info. I'll prob buy now. Also, I didn't have any problems whatsoever.

Edited on 04/18/2009 at 4:41:41 PM PST

raystownlady
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by raystownlady on Apr 18, 09 5:19 PM
hcopter51 wrote:Instructions are a little unclear...Are you supposed to find pieces of the keys in various rooms? Thanks...

If it's the chest I think you're talking about ,you have all 4 pieces right on the chest.Sorry,wrong game.

Edited on 04/22/2009 at 11:22:02 PM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Apr 18, 09 5:26 PM
I LOVE THIS NEW GAME!!

I really laughed when you click on a horse or cat and item makes a noise LIKE the said animal.....LOL.....LOL

THANKS BF>>>>>OF COURSE PICMAN TOO

Happy Gaming
Back to the game>>>> SEE YA

PEN

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 18, 09 6:35 PM
I shouldn't try to do a new game in the middle of the night, but saw Mirror Mirror on Felix list, need 2 more for a mousepad. Read a few posts here then went to download right away. I could tell first 10 minutes it's my style (untimed) and pretty clear graphics. Then I got confused, seems some instruction said I had to find a key in another room so I went back to room I just finished and had to play it again (?) maybe they meant next room forward.

Anyway, staring at the room looking for a key I fell asleep LOL. No, make that Woke up an hour or so later and demo timed out. So, turned out lights, shut down pc and slept of this mania binge trying to find a 4th and 5th game. Now that I returned I'm reading neg reviews and glitches and don't feel secure using a credit on it, at least before fixes. Was glad I didn't hit Buy in 10 minutes. Now what to do what to do, can't start the demo over saying 60 min is up. Guess I'll keep reading posts and count how many thumbs are up.

Got Flux and Isis, love them but haven't finished because I'm still hunting. Got Saqarrah finally since I read they added Untimed mode. I was ready to throw laptop out the window on that first demo, now I like it, good to have variety M3 to have fun with between frustrating newer HOs with strategy guides, walkthrus etc those take all my gametime asking help. Thought the promo was a good time to catch up on games I didn't buy, but like others, I have most all the good older ones. So, hope by end of month there's more new ones to try like this and Flux and Isis. Thanks for all the insights, feedbacks, can't expect 100% thumbs up on anything but posts help me make decisions as I get to know your tastes to follow.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 18, 09 6:49 PM
PS me again, forgot to say it downloaded with no problem on Vista laptop (which I play most games on in bed, thus zzzzzz 10 minutes into demo). My desktop pc is on XP, almost 3 years old, but guess I can't load another demo on it to see if any glitches. Seems I remember there is a panorama option whatever, my laptop is 15" wide screen. Not sure if panarama means wide screen but played fine. May have been another new game with that option, not Mirror Mirror, was too sleepy to remember today tsk tsk. Only one other game so far I bought that had wide screen option, not so distorted/squatty. I like the way laptop screen can be tipped back or fwd to adjust brightness. Solved many a dark corner which was my former thumbs down on dark screenshots and videos so maybe try some I passed on before. My desktop monitor is already always on 100% max and still can't see a lot, mainly those monochromatic black on black, brown on brown, blue on blue underwater on that screen.

Happy hunting!

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Apr 18, 09 7:47 PM
penrose47 wrote: I really laughed when you click on a horse or cat and item makes a noise LIKE the said animal.....LOL.....LOL

I really liked this. I'll click on an animal just to hear it "talk".

I have played half the demo so far and am enjoying the game. Not real difficult, but I like it. The story is intriguing to me. Haven't run across any glitches.

[Post New]by MacGameGirl on Apr 18, 09 9:53 PM
At the risk of repeating myself...a BIG THANKS to all of you avid HOG players who are checking in with both thumbs up and down. We are listening carefully and taking notes! I'm new to the forum thing...and started a new THANK YOU thread...then realized maybe it is better to stick with the original thread...anyway...please read the THANK YOU on the new thread..AND...I think I'm getting how this works now!

We'll be working diligently with BFG to incorporate your feedback and to deliver truly exceptional games!

Jewels69988
Herring
Herring
364 Posts

[Post New]by Jewels69988 on Apr 18, 09 10:01 PM
macgamegirl, i have almost all of the hidden object games that are good. I played the demo for 20 minutes and bought the game. Good game for your first. Keep up the good work. Look forward to your next one. This one has a few twists that are new and enjoyable. Storyline is good so far but then again i have not got that far yet, LOL. Good luck

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 19, 09 2:02 AM
Macgamegirl - thanks for checking in here too. I just left a msg on your other thread, really enjoying this game, not too easy, not too hard, not to short, not too long. I sometimes go back to plain vanilla Huntsville, my first, as new HO's got too complicated to just play for pleasure. So THANK YOU AGAIN for adding another icon on my desktop for funtime.

UPDATE - since I only got 10 min demo on laptop Vista before dozing off last night, today I was on my desktop pc with XP. I didn't know before that since it is a different history file Mirror wasn't even listed. Soooo I tried hitting Demo on there and voila, I got another 60 min to play. Had no install errors, loaded fast, got to play smoothly an hour so immediately bought it. It is definately my kind of game, not punitive. In fact, like others I was random clicking on animals too just to hear the sounds, I love new touches like that. Didn't play music tho because usually have tv talking heads on in background, maybe later (weekend junk tv repeats) I'll turn that back down.

Anyway, since it goes flawlessly (but so far only up to room 6) on both Vista wide screen and XP 15" flat panel monitor, I hope those of you with crashes or weird visual happenings can get answers with BF marvelous tech support. Sometimes these games do have flaws needing fixes, but I think most our problems are our own pc's needing upgrades, firewalls and such. Good luck, keep trying, if you like laid back HOGs with easier puzzles go for Mirror Mirror, enough different things to make it interesting and FUN! If you're into punishment and willing to pay for agony and forehead bruises against your screens go for the challengers. I'm into keeping my laptop for games and not bashing it with a hammer.
Happy gaming.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 19, 09 5:18 AM
Macgamegirl - me again, maybe I spoke too soon, may be a minor flaw on Vista. Is the game coded to restore screen size to my own setting on exit? I left game unattended for too long and my screensaver kicked in. (5 min). When I moved mouse I got an access violation error, then went black screen saying windows was shutting prog down. I had to shut down, restart and desktop icons were all blown out still on 800x6??. I restarted again, same display. I had to go to Display, turn setting back to 1024. later opened game again and exited properly, but desktop was still on game setting. I turned off screensaver so it wouldn't kick in again, maybe that caused black screen and access error, but would think on Exit screen size would change back if coded. I've a few other games that do that too if switching to check email, have to exit OEx and back open to get size back. It didn't mess up my screen on pcXP monitor, same size, 15" but not wide screen like the laptop. Hate to have to switch it back manually each time I exit game if this is a glitch in game on Vista.

Hate to bring up a negative when otherwise I'm very happy with the gameplay. Maybe this is the error violation and black screen others were mentioning, didn't happen til screen saver tried to kick in, so changed that to "None". Just thought I should give some input. We'll see what happens when I finish the game, but I won't let it happen for now with ssaver off. I was on room 3 I think.

hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Apr 19, 09 3:01 PM
raystownlady wrote:
hcopter51 wrote:Instructions are a little unclear...Are you supposed to find pieces of the keys in various rooms? Thanks...

If it's the chest I think you're talking about ,you have all 4 pieces right on the chest.

Thanks raystownlady...I answered my own question....I find the keys and then I open the box for the mirror pieces....Enjoy the game, its great...

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Apr 20, 09 5:43 PM
Well, to be fair and not just go on first impressions, I tried the 1 hour demo again on Hubby's laptop at his office. I made it through to the first room in the last row on the map of rooms. I believe there were only 2 rooms left + the mystery room so I "think" I made it through about 3/4 of the game in one hour. If I had another 1/2 hour, I probably could have finished the game.

I wish nothing but the best for the new developers in town and I'm sure they will only improve upon their games, but this one was just too easy, short & repitious for me. Nothing really new here.

This is just my opinion as given to me by my cats.

[Post New]by kelbel1995 on Apr 20, 09 6:04 PM
So, I'm in the mirror mirror room amd I have the clock behind the mirror pointing at 9:00 and when I tap the clock, it's not doing ANYTHING!! I've even tried setting the clock behind the mirror to 9:30, 3:00, and 3:30 to no change. Any ideas?

melisten
Manatee
Manatee
3,783 Posts

[Post New]by melisten on Apr 20, 09 6:14 PM
Welcome Kelbel to the pond where I say the water is warm and the fish

Duh! me - I never set any clock I did click on a clock set to 9

Are you on the first set of rooms or the second set of rooms - cause I have just got to the start of the second set of rooms.

[Post New]by MacGameGirl on Apr 20, 09 8:28 PM
scotcat wrote:Well, to be fair and not just go on first impressions, I tried the 1 hour demo again on Hubby's laptop at his office. I made it through to the first room in the last row on the map of rooms. I believe there were only 2 rooms left + the mystery room so I "think" I made it through about 3/4 of the game in one hour. If I had another 1/2 hour, I probably could have finished the game.

I wish nothing but the best for the new developers in town and I'm sure they will only improve upon their games, but this one was just too easy, short & repitious for me. Nothing really new here.

There may have been more to the game than you thought...the "map of rooms" actually covers two pages, so instead of just a "mystery room" on the second page there are about 14 more! I think there are about 28 locations all together, plus all the minis in between.

[Post New]by kelbel1995 on Apr 21, 09 4:38 AM
I am on the first set of rooms. I've just found the 9 pieces of mirror and I have put them together. I used the 2 rose keys on the mirror to open the mirror up to reveal a clock w/ just gears behind it and opened up 5 scrolls to read. They tell me to mirror the time and tap on the clock when done. Well, I used the heart and circle buttons to get the clock behind the mirror to match the clock on the mantle and when I click on the mantle clock- nothing happens.

It seems like I have been reading that people are experiencing glitches in the game programming and I wonder if this is a glitch that I am having.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Apr 21, 09 2:23 PM
MacGameGirl wrote:
scotcat wrote:Well, to be fair and not just go on first impressions, I tried the 1 hour demo again on Hubby's laptop at his office. I made it through to the first room in the last row on the map of rooms. I believe there were only 2 rooms left + the mystery room so I "think" I made it through about 3/4 of the game in one hour. If I had another 1/2 hour, I probably could have finished the game.

There may have been more to the game than you thought...the "map of rooms" actually covers two pages, so instead of just a "mystery room" on the second page there are about 14 more! I think there are about 28 locations all together, plus all the minis in between.

Thanks for the info MacGamesGirl. More rooms then I thought is good, but if they are all pretty much the same as the ones I already played it will just seem redundent to me. I only found 2 different mini games which I got to the point of skipping because I felt like "been there - done that already several times". Are there different mini games further on (that are more challenging also)?

Most everyone on the forums know I LOVE a game that challenges me - the harder, the better. I am not afraid of timers, lack of instructions and puzzles/mini games that actually take some thinking to figure out. I know I am in the minority here, so my "no buy" won't hurt the sales of this game. Unfortunitly, it's getting harder & harder to find challenging games anymore. I prefer to play a short challenging game then a long easy game. JMHO

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 22, 09 5:09 PM
Every level same- you get the picture game, the STD etc. Like Cate West you know what is coming up there

I like the concept of the game and you have a good point about the repetiveness scotcat - I did not like the graphics.

Go to: