Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting CE here!

[Post New]by koundouras on Jan 11, 15 7:00 AM
Hippo puzzle bug here!!!

at the puzzle the first 2 symbols where highlighted and then i cant press any others whatever i do and try

is there anyway i can pass this puzzle or do you have a save after this to send me?

[Post New]by moodlemoxie on Jan 11, 15 10:09 AM
Therealmargesimp wrote:
BereniceP wrote:I have lost the carbide for the lamp. It disappeared out of my inventory and now I cannot move forward. Please help. I am using Windows 8

Same with me - lost the Carbide and I'm running W7

Me too! lost Carbide and running Windows 8.1

[Post New]by Phantom50 on Jan 11, 15 11:53 AM
I am at the point where I should be able to light and complete the Carbide Lamp, but it is acting as though I never put the Coal-like objects in it, and yet when I click hint it shows that I need to click the lamp. However, when I try to click the lamp nothing happens. I know that I have all of the materials, so I do not understand why this is not working. When I put in the Coal-like stuff it exited the close up and the Coal stuff disappeared as though I had added it. Please fix.

agbosche
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by agbosche on Jan 11, 15 12:09 PM
MaryEl wrote:I installed this game and it went fine. Then when I went to Play it, I got the following message:

To run this application you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
v4.0.30319
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework

Never got this message before and I play and buy lots of BF games. I have contacted HELP desk, but was wondering if anyone else has ever gotten this message and if so, what did you do to rectify it? Thanks.

I have the same issue. I installed it and all went fine. I just can't play it because of this error code.

puzzgamer1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by puzzgamer1 on Jan 11, 15 12:46 PM
and STILL no fixes for problems??? need the carbide fix for lantern...that's what's got me stopped....but see others have had same problem and also other problems. Where's the quality control???

Re:ISSUES for Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting CE here!

[Post New]by JanM12 on Jan 11, 15 3:01 PM
I have purchased this game and all was going well until I got to the "Wickfield's Lounge.

I did everything in that room, except arranging the books in the correct order, but it keeps telling me to go back to the brown chest by the chair. There is nothing to do there....you can't click on it, add anything to it...nothing. If you leave the room and click "hint" just to see what happens, it sends you back in the lounge to the chest.

Any ideas on what's wrong here?

motive
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by motive on Jan 11, 15 6:12 PM
I lost the strategy guide when I was looking for help with the lily pond - blue screen with soft light through it. I checked my map to see to play another part of the game but had black boxes on the map. Went back to the game and hit solve for the pond. The puzzle did solve and I got the turtle jack and went back into hut to lift the dresser but the screen went black. I see others have had the same problem and an upcoming problem with a carbide. Now what? Do I start over? Will the game be fixed? Otherwise, why bother?

[Post New]by ons_inawhile on Jan 12, 15 10:40 AM
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium. I've tried two different times (using different profiles) to get through the game. The first time, I couldn't collect the second clock hand. This time, I also "lost" the carbide and then couldn't do further assembly. Both times the hint would only show what I knew had to be done. It couldn't get me past the problem area.

Therealmargesimp wrote:
BereniceP wrote:I have lost the carbide for the lamp. It disappeared out of my inventory and now I cannot move forward. Please help. I am using Windows 8

Same with me - lost the Carbide and I'm running W7

Cart

[Post New]by robwilli on Jan 13, 15 8:54 AM
The back wheel for the cart disappeared . Very disappointed with this game, PC windows 8.1.

Edited on 01/13/2015 at 9:29:38 AM PST

[Post New]by CalamitiJane on Jan 13, 15 8:13 PM
I bought the game & played through it but it wasn't fun!! very jerky, cursor slow to respond, I walked away from it numerous times.. I wish they would fix the bugs, I'd like to play again

[Post New]by AbsoluteFabs on Jan 15, 15 7:47 AM
bettyhewett wrote:I uninstalled my game and re-installed it, but it continues to give me error #2. I am using a Mac, version 10.6.8.

I got the same problem and could not figure it out. Then, I noticed that on the game info on the website it states that the Mac version is for 10.7 onwards. Both you and I are running 10.6.8 which obviously doesn't interest the developers as our machines even though up-to-date are too old, presumably. We'll spend our credits and money on developers that cater for older computers.

Edited on 01/15/2015 at 7:47:47 AM PST

[Post New]by peanut3 on Jan 15, 15 11:44 AM
The puzzle to open the doctor bag is locked

[Post New]by peanut3 on Jan 15, 15 4:07 PM
I am using MAC OS X

tdmj5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by tdmj5 on Jan 16, 15 9:04 AM
Ya I am having same problems. Trying to match dogs with owners but won't let me put last dog on cabinet.Also having problems with black boxes on map. I have windows vista

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 16, 15 10:01 AM
After leaving Big Fish for a while, I was tempted back by this particular game, which I've been wanting since I did a Beta. So...back I came, and for what? I have the carbide lamp. I don't have a SG, a map, or anything but black in the sewer. So, once again, Big Fish has my money for a game that doesn't work properly. I'll just be adding it to my already quite long list.

[Post New]by tttppphhhtt on Jan 16, 15 11:02 AM
went to check stratagy guide, game frovze restarted from begining 0f 1st chapter, now almost done with main i think, (just played shawdow game near termite mound,,,,quit for a bit,,,,save bad new profile,,,how many times do we have to replay a game,,,,,now i remember why i left bfg a while back

[Post New]by suzyoboe on Jan 16, 15 12:04 PM
I'm running an up-to-date Mac. This might have been a really good game,but the annoying problems with the pointer,the too dark" areas(so you can't see anything), the text so fast you cannot read , and a few other things already mentioned, ruin it. It was very frustrating to play. I bought it to play while waiting for a fix on the Dark Parable Purple Mermaid game...Score 0 for 2...

dee127
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by dee127 on Jan 16, 15 12:21 PM
Windows 7. I am 3/4 done with the game---which I've enjoyed--and it froze totally--I could not even exit the game and had to shut down in order to get out of the game.
This occurred where I was using the camera and photos at the "seance table" to ID the villain. The map did not work, nor did Menu work to exit game. I'd really like to finish this game and Bonus. Help?

iamchani
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by iamchani on Jan 16, 15 12:51 PM
I'm almost done, using windows 8.1 without any problems and wham I can't finish the heart puzzle. I went into the strategy guide and followed the solution, but wouldn't you know, it didn't work. I have mixed the tiles and reset but to no avail. Oh bf why oh why?

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Jan 16, 15 10:33 PM
I also had the issues with the map locations turning black and finally everything went black. Uninstalled and was able to continue for a while and then I had the same problems again. I was really looking forward to this game. I've contacted support, so let's see what they have to say.

Go to: