Am I The Only One...?

Re:Am I The Only One...?

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jan 29, 15 7:01 PM
I like the new page too. Found the link to the forums very easily (even tho it looks "greyed out" like it does'nt work, it does)

I also like that the 3 screenshots and the vid are in the same place and the vid is bigger now. I don't watch the vids often, but I do like how the screenshots seem larger, sorta. the sorta because I can see more of the picture now with the new way. I have my screen CTRL +'d larger and before it would cut off the bottom of the screenshot. Now I can see it all, which is great for me!

Yeah, it just looks more professional to me. I'm old and set in my ways and generally don't like change, but this ones fine with me!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 29, 15 7:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the forums disappeared. Every day, there's another screaming rant at BFG because someone feels slighted about something.

Yes, that's my concern as well. It's as though some think a change like this is aimed personally at them. LOL
Oddly, a few of the peeps complaining are some of the same ones that continuously rant at, name call, and seemingly stalk other posters for having an opinion they don't share. Certainly not everyone that doesn't like the new page, but some of the same names do seem to appear. Interesting.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Jan 29, 15 7:44 PM
cbtx wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the forums disappeared. Every day, there's another screaming rant at BFG because someone feels slighted about something.

Yes, that's my concern as well. It's as though some think a change like this is aimed personally at them. LOL
Oddly, a few of the peeps complaining are some of the same ones that continuously rant at, name call, and seemingly stalk other posters for having an opinion they don't share. Certainly not everyone that doesn't like the new page, but some of the same names do seem to appear. Interesting.

In total agreement

guppy68
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by guppy68 on Jan 29, 15 7:52 PM
I need to agree with everyone here who doesn't like this change.
It was always easier to check the blogs and tell if I even wanted to download
the trial based on all of the good comments and help when needed.

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jan 29, 15 7:58 PM
tesamoine wrote:
cbtx wrote:

In total agreement

i agree too.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 29, 15 8:34 PM
Persistent_Cat wrote:I use AdBlock and the page loads fine. I visit this site on both my laptop and iPad, the new page looks better on both.

Asking a website to tell each user about a change is the same as expecting every game to cater to you. The page changed, the games haven't. So you have to click somewhere else to get to the forum, so what? Does that affect the game play? Spoil your day to the point you can't enjoy the game you downloaded? Technology moves forward. Just deal with it. There are millions of users on this site, knowing that some left means nothing.

Exactly my thoughts!

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jan 29, 15 9:03 PM
guppy68 wrote:I need to agree with everyone here who doesn't like this change.
It was always easier to check the blogs and tell if I even wanted to download
the trial based on all of the good comments and help when needed.

You can still do that. The link to the forum is on the game's page and the reviews and tech issue threads are there.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jan 29, 15 9:55 PM
Not fond of the changes but will get used to them.

My BIG issue is with finding the forum. When I finally located it the first thing that ran through my mind (like many others) was "this seems like a good way to get rid of the forums". The only way to get a true gauge of a game is to check the forums! All kinds of info and help here that can't be included in a regular review.

Kirioth
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Kirioth on Jan 30, 15 12:34 AM
For the past couple of days I go to the New Releases page, click on the game to view it and after the page loads. the center of the page is pushed all the way to the right.

I cannot see anything about the game, I tried a different resolution turned off ad-block, but it didn't help.

Can't even see the buy it now or download button.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jan 30, 15 1:03 AM
There was a way to cheat the system. It is gone now. I'm sure that is not the only reason for the redesign.

I find it interesting that they no longer highlight the existence of a Game Forum. Instead there is the rather subtle "Get game tips" link, easily glanced over next to all those social media links. Clearly players opinions and conversations here are secondary to their presence on Face Book and the like, if we really matter to BF at all.

Other aspects of the new page layout don't really bother me one way or the other. I haven't liked Big Fish since a year ago last August. Changing their presentation hasn't changed my mind about them in any way either.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Jan 30, 15 2:46 AM
I don't like it at all. In , fact there are a lot of things I don't like about Big Fish these days'
One commentator stated that it brought everything in line with other gaming sites, and this is just my point. Big Fish used to be different and FUN!! I used to sit down at my computer and think, " wonder what today's game is and I wonder what so and so thinks of it.
Today the Forums are as boring as the games on offer! I have gone from buying two or three games a week to buying one just occasionally. I am thinking that it is really not worth the money to be a member.
Please do not think that I am saying that the people who write the reviews are boring, for I am not!!! It is merely that Big Fish have wiped out any form of interaction that is not just factual. We used to get just as much information about the games, but in a much more light hearted way.
I used to feel as if I was sitting down to have some fun , but now I don't

Sniet
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Sniet on Jan 30, 15 3:26 AM
You are not alone with this problem :-(

Pls. send a Dr. Felix Report to BFG, they try to find a solution and therefore are in need of examples of the problem.

How it works, you can see here:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688

Hope that helps :-)

(sorry for my english, I'm from germany)

Kirioth wrote:For the past couple of days I go to the New Releases page, click on the game to view it and after the page loads. the center of the page is pushed all the way to the right.

I cannot see anything about the game, I tried a different resolution turned off ad-block, but it didn't help.

Can't even see the buy it now or download button.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jan 30, 15 3:15 PM
cbtx wrote:

You never miss an opportunity, do you?

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jan 30, 15 3:22 PM
snapnhiss wrote:
cbtx wrote:

Thing is, he's right.

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jan 30, 15 3:35 PM
rhonayotte wrote:
snapnhiss wrote:
cbtx wrote:

Thing is, he's right.

Yes, he is right.
I dont post much but I read alot so I see the patterns and personalities.

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Jan 30, 15 4:28 PM
Sniet wrote:

Hey Sniet, you don't have to apologize for anything. Your English is fine, I would not understand a word of German writing. People who know a second language have my admiration. Please keep posting, your thoughts are interesting and to the point. Anyone who has a problem with your grammar should look at all the mistakes English speaking folks make.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 30, 15 4:48 PM
Thanks rhonayotte and pondprowler ---- of course, those that feel compelled every time they see a post of mine to snap, grumble, and hiss only exemplify what I was speaking about. And that pattern could not be more obvious.

But that's ok ---- it just proves my point beautifully!

LuvSilkies
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by LuvSilkies on Jan 31, 15 5:30 PM
Sniet wrote:
swedane wrote:
Sniet wrote:
Yesterday it worked fine with Firefox, I didn't change (nor update) my system. It was BFG who changed his system, not me :-(

Hi Sniet,
Ich deaktiviert Adblock Plus und dann Firefox für mich gearbeitet.
Hoffe, es hleps?

Try using Firefox again, but with Adblock Plus or AdBlock disabled (behindert).

Hallo swedane,

Danke für die Hilfe in Deutsch :-) Funktioniert aber leider auch nicht.

Hi swedane,

thx for help in german :-) I even tried to disable ALL plugins, but it dosn't help.

I'm running the plugin Sidebar (if uninstalled same problems) and this is at the left side of the browser. When I open sidebar, aktive window gets smaler and background and rest of the side are going more together (don't know how to explain better). So I made the sidebar greater and greater and background and rest of the page came nearer and nearer. When sidebar takes 75% of the screen, I get a scrollbar for the rest of the side and only then I can reach all of the BFG-side, get the buttons for downloading or the link to forum (but I have to scroll for each centimeter). It looks like ... like ... like running a 3D-Film on TV without using 3D-Shuttle: Two different pictures.

Here in the forum all works fine with fullscreen, but no chance for me opening a side of any game.

It looks, as if there are two frames not working overlayed but near by near and only when the window is verry verry smal, this two frames are forced to look like one frame.

I wrote to mr. bigfish with dr. felix-zip, hoping they can help

************************************************************************************************

Hello Sniet.....I have the same version of Firefox as you and I disabled all my add on's as requested by one of the techs. It didn't change anything and it sounds like you and I are seeing the same thing on the big fish window. I took a snapshot of what I'm seeing to send them and now I have two techs emailing me back and forth trying to find out what's the issue. Hopefully, they will be able to resolve this. If they do I will post what they come up with. :-)

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jan 31, 15 6:31 PM
One positive about the new website design is that I've been searching around the website for the first time in a long time. I like the Collections page under the Community link.

The blog still does not have an RSS feed. The individual posts do, but not the blog as a whole. I would absolutely subscribe to this, which might encourage me to purchase more games.

Curious to see the direction the new owners take this site.

Sniet
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Sniet on Feb 1, 15 2:11 AM
LuvSilkies wrote:
Hello Sniet.....I have the same version of Firefox as you and I disabled all my add on's as requested by one of the techs. It didn't change anything and it sounds like you and I are seeing the same thing on the big fish window. I took a snapshot of what I'm seeing to send them and now I have two techs emailing me back and forth trying to find out what's the issue. Hopefully, they will be able to resolve this. If they do I will post what they come up with. :-)

Hi LuvSilkies,

that would be great :-)

Until now I habe two ansers from tech-support withe two different solutions:

- disable add-on's (no effect)
- default for windows intern zoom (default is 100%, I like more 125%) (no effect)

What kind of graficcard do you have?

Here is runing GeForce GT 640M with the newest driver.

Go to: