2015 Valentine Quest Fest

reader64
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:2015 Valentine Quest Fest

[Post New]by reader64 on Feb 11, 15 10:48 AM
Thanks to all who post and keep detailed notes. Makes playing more enjoyable when you have guidance. Again Thank You all

RM2008
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by RM2008 on Feb 11, 15 12:03 PM
Not sure, if I'm just not understanding this right, I completed the first Valentine Special, the next says complete 7 then 14 then 29, but it doesn't tell me what to do, so how do I get those tasks? can anybody help, please, thanks.

mik619
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by mik619 on Feb 11, 15 12:07 PM
can someone please tell me what level the bird watching sanctuary has to be on to unlock the last mini game so i can complete day two of the valentine quest.

Also I'm on level 17, can I complete all of the valentine quests on this level and if not what level should I be on?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 11, 15 12:31 PM
RM2008 wrote:Not sure, if I'm just not understanding this right, I completed the first Valentine Special, the next says complete 7 then 14 then 29, but it doesn't tell me what to do, so how do I get those tasks? can anybody help, please, thanks.

I'm assuming you're talking about the goals in the achievements?
If so, you are on the right track. Each day, you will receive 1-3 quests for v-day. As you complete those quests you'll eventually reach 7, 14, 29 (29 is the total # of quests for v-day). Once these goals are met, you'll receive some type of reward.

Does that make sense?

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 11, 15 12:35 PM
RM2008 wrote:Not sure, if I'm just not understanding this right, I completed the first Valentine Special, the next says complete 7 then 14 then 29, but it doesn't tell me what to do, so how do I get those tasks? can anybody help, please, thanks.

The quests to fulfil these tasks will gradually appear during the course of the event. We have had the first one on the first day - so we have all won that first reward. The next target is to complete 7 quests (including that first one). There will be at least one each day and on some days there will be several different ones, so they will soon build up to each target total. Not everyone will manage to get all 29 of them, however - as we found last year!

in answer to mik619, it is possible that those who are still early players on lower levels will not be able to complete all the quests that are set, especially if you still have some locked mini-games. I honestly cannot remember back a year to be sure about that.
If you are still at level 17, then I guess that you are still getting the regular quests to open up new areas and develop the main story line? So you will just need to treat the Valentine's quests as a bonus and just do as many as you can.

RM2008
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by RM2008 on Feb 11, 15 12:59 PM
That makes sense now, I was going through the forum earlier, and got so confused, cause I read that I need to go to the different cities to collect the Valentine stuff, but I run out of energy to quickly, so I wasn't sure how to set my priority's, Thank you very much, for your help. So I will try to do as much as the energy allows, But I do have one more question, what does that mean? when the keepsake, tells you that the experience is increased, I used them but I didn't see anything different or got any more items. So I figured they are useless. Did anybody had better luck?

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Feb 11, 15 1:58 PM
If the keepsake says it increases experience, then you should see a difference in how much experience you receive for each activity - HOS scene, mini game, whatever. For example, the Quilt increases your experience by 50% for 30 minutes. That means for every 10 experience points you would have normally earned, you get 15 points. These are really helpful to level up and get your energy bar refilled. And now that our experience points are so high for each level, I've been using an experience keepsake regularly.

If I remember correctly the Bezoar gives a 10% increase, the Ring gives 25%, the Quilt gives 50% and the Lamp doubles your experience for 30 minutes.

If you are running out of energy too quickly, you might want to invest in some Macaroni and Cheese for $72,000 or the Spaghetti that I can't remember what it costs. These increase your energy bar so that when you do refill your energy, it goes further. The Mac and Cheese increases your energy by 30 (I think) AND refills your energy bar.

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Feb 11, 15 3:09 PM
I haven't seen 3 of the Love Letter collection yet. Are there some items we can't collect yet?

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Feb 11, 15 3:16 PM
susanlnels wrote:I haven't seen 3 of the Love Letter collection yet. Are there some items we can't collect yet?

If its like last year, the other 3 will come in quests that will be timed. And you will have 24 hours to collect as many as you can. They will come 1 or 2 at a time during the V-day event.

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Feb 11, 15 3:22 PM

it just turned midnight here and i got the normal daily quest, and three new quests from Fatima (quit easy onces) those three counted up with the 7/14/29. So doing these extra Quests every day should get us to the Ball i guess

Edited on 02/11/2015 at 3:30:14 PM PST

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Feb 11, 15 4:24 PM

it just turned midnight here and i got the normal daily quest, and three new quests from Fatima (quit easy onces) those three counted up with the 7/14/29. So doing these extra Quests every day should get us to the Ball i guess

What were the 3 quests you got?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 11, 15 4:26 PM
mik619 wrote:can someone please tell me what level the bird watching sanctuary has to be on to unlock the last mini game so i can complete day two of the valentine quest.

Also I'm on level 17, can I complete all of the valentine quests on this level and if not what level should I be on?

To unlock the Special #18 you have to play 1b first, I cannot find it right now but the 1b Mini games generally open when you play 1a. You can also click on the chains and see what is required to open it. I would wait till the quest comes up to play #18 though because of your level you are probably extremely limited in resources.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 11, 15 4:31 PM
Now that I have checked it out again, I think that the special Valentine quests are not dependent on reaching a certain level. The Valentine game in the Bird Watching should be a brand new game right at the bottom - after the regular #18 game - and I think it should be already open for every one to play. I hope I am right!

Edited on 02/11/2015 at 4:33:02 PM PST

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Feb 11, 15 5:55 PM
Thank you for the info April .

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Feb 12, 15 3:16 AM
april3850 wrote:

What were the 3 quests you got?

oeps i'm to late for that one i guess, sorry!
it was 1x dolores barn, 2x porselain shop, and 1x birdhouse 18

tully
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tully on Feb 12, 15 4:42 AM
OddlyEnuh Question.
-Did I mention -- DO NOT go back into the quest on the left of screen until you are ready to accept the reward for completion of the quest.

Can someone tell me how not to collect once you have finished the quest, it pops up on the screen and i know we use to be able to not claim the prize , but i don't know how we can do it now.
thanks for all you work on the forums.

arenn01
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by arenn01 on Feb 12, 15 5:02 AM
The screen automatically pops up once you finish the quest. To avoid having to claim the reward, click on the Next Quest or Previous Quest arrow at the bottom of the window. After it moves to the next quest, you can then close the quest window and go back to the Timed Quest location. However, at this time we do not know for sure that the item will still be available for multiple visits. Stay tuned for further updates as the event progresses.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 12, 15 5:05 AM
The way to avoid collecting the reward for the quest is that when it appears there is a small arrow right down at the bottom that you can click to go to the previous quest. If you click on that then the quest disappears and is replaced by another - which you can then close. The first quest remains on the side of your screen with a tick on it, but you only collect the reward by clicking on it again.

HOWEVER - THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERY QUEST!!!
It is only for the "timed" quests that show that they are only there for 24 hours.
In the case of the second day's quests, you MUST COLLECT THE REWARD in order to move on to the next quest.
The first one (bird sanctuary) give you a love letter - which then remains there to win as many times as you like;
the second one (Dolores Barn) gives you a Valentine Card - which stays in place
The third on develops the story of Fatima and Aylen, but gives no special items.

tully
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tully on Feb 12, 15 5:06 AM
thanks so much, a tip i will use.

MissJay75
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MissJay75 on Feb 12, 15 8:59 AM
I had to chuckle at Aylen's comment in today's quest:

"Oh, man. Fatima Issa, back in my life again. I'm staying calm. I'm staying very calm . . . "

Go to: