Re:WPE - Mystic Diary: Lost Brother

[Post New]by nouvelle39 on Jun 16, 09 8:30 PM
georgiapeach wrote:I'm having a problem in the hospital room can't find out how to pick up the spilled liquid HELP

Use the sponge

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 16, 09 8:33 PM
I just played the demo and only got to page 9, but I was very tired and should have been in bed.
You can tell the developers really tried to make a good ****/Puzzle/Adventure game, but it fell a tad short in some areas which I hope they will improve upon in their next game.

The game was very easy - I was clicking on ****'s before they showed up on my list. Sometimes I didn't even look at the list because I could already tell what the ****'s were. There was also too much hand holding. The cursor never changed from a magnifying glass even if you were doing two different tasks. Opening an area or just picking up a secret object.

I had to click a couple times on one item to get it to take a few times.
The mini games would have been wonderful had they not dumbed them down. The circuit board was another one. You could tell how to rotate the outside pieces because of the heavy lines on 1-2 sides of the squares.
There was something weird about the game's story combined with finding stuff. It's set in the Victorian era right? Why did the missing brother have stuffed animals, toys and a surf board in his office?

I like 1/2 of the game and hated 1/2 of the game, so........ I don't know what I will do just yet. If it was a longer game, I could forgive it's short comings easier.

[Post New]by auntharriet on Jun 17, 09 9:52 AM

finished this game last night.Loved it.Loved all of it! I thought the length was good the hides were fun.not too hard..would buy it again in a minute.
Only sad cause i have nothing to play today.
Back in line waiting for another great ****.

[Post New]by prchrsgirl on Jun 18, 09 4:48 PM
bluesinew wrote:I am really disappointed. . . for some reason I can't play this game. The graphics are pixelly and I cannot see any objects. This is strange because I can play very other game, even those with higher tech requirements.

Oddly I am having a problem with flashing screen when I click on a spot to look for ****'s. I just got a new pc with vista on it. I don't know if that is the problem or not. I also have no problem with other games.

edited to add... apparently you can't use capital letters since I noticed it blanked out thinking it a bad word maybe??? the stars mean hidden objects

Edited on 06/18/2009 at 5:01:59 PM PST

[Post New]by RockyC1976 on Jun 21, 09 9:24 AM
Loved the game. Pretty easy. Only had to use the hint button once if at all per level. Didn't need a walkthrough. Finished game in 1 hr 56 min. Really fun... just wish it was a little longer...

dcaj
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by dcaj on Jun 22, 09 2:48 PM
Stuck on the dish where you have to turn the dials..Anyone figure out the -188.. I got the -13 and the 206..I have to skip this one and I would really like to get it.. I've tried everything..
Thanks in advance..

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on Jun 23, 09 8:45 AM
I have searched every where for this game, where do you find it? Not in hidden object games.

Thanks for any help

Bumblefish
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Bumblefish on Jun 23, 09 9:24 AM
Its still a World Premier Exclusive. Look at the right side of the start-page. You might have to be logged in.

duchesse67
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by duchesse67 on Jun 24, 09 3:24 AM

I think the Developer, Sunray Games, did a REALLY FANTASTIC JOB to offer us such a quality game for the low price of $7. We have been given what we ask for in a game:

An interactive element.
No timer.
Recharging hints.
Variety of Mini Puzzles.
Skip Feature on Mini Puzzle.
Some cleverly hidden objects.

Yes they could have padded the game out a bit more to make it longer but the additional time spent would have probably made the game financially unviable to be sold at the $7 price and put it more in the old $20 price range due to increased development time. Do not forget that these games take nearly a year to produce as it is and all during this time costs are rising. They do not get paid until the game is sold to us and in the meantime they have to eat too. I would rather play a 2 hour good quality game like this than a fuzzy pictured, objects just dumped higgledy-piggledy without any thought as to whether they can be seen or not, 4 hour game any day.

Be thankful for a good quality game at a fantastic price.

You are so right.
I agree with you.

duchesse67
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by duchesse67 on Jun 24, 09 3:28 AM
cherbtoo wrote:

I think the Developer, Sunray Games, did a REALLY FANTASTIC JOB to offer us such a quality game for the low price of $7. We have been given what we ask for in a game:

An interactive element.
No timer.
Recharging hints.
Variety of Mini Puzzles.
Skip Feature on Mini Puzzle.
Some cleverly hidden objects.

Yes they could have padded the game out a bit more to make it longer but the additional time spent would have probably made the game financially unviable to be sold at the $7 price and put it more in the old $20 price range due to increased development time. Do not forget that these games take nearly a year to produce as it is and all during this time costs are rising. They do not get paid until the game is sold to us and in the meantime they have to eat too. I would rather play a 2 hour good quality game like this than a fuzzy pictured, objects just dumped higgledy-piggledy without any thought as to whether they can be seen or not, 4 hour game any day.

Be thankful for a good quality game at a fantastic price.

C

Gets off soap box and swooooooops out of sight.

Sorry, forgot the name of the Quote:
cherbtoo wrote:[

sweetie58
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by sweetie58 on Jun 27, 09 6:21 PM
I dont understand it said it was the new game today but when i downloaded it to play it said i had already expired my trial and would have to buy it, HOw can that be?

Adeylus
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Adeylus on Nov 15, 11 9:11 AM
Can anyone tell me how I can get the key to work in the drawer. This is the thirteen chapter where you have to find all the puzzle pieces. No matter what do it won't take the key???? Very FUSTRATING. I know imhad the same issue in the cave where I had trouble with the shovel but it finally took it. But can't get the key to work any ideas....

Powrtoc1
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Powrtoc1 on Dec 28, 11 10:06 AM
katfever wrote:Trail seems okay, but the cursor is very, very picky. Come on. How many times do you have to click to get in the EXACT spot for the object? No penalty for all those clicks.

I gave up on the island, that's when I lost patience with the cursor. Also, the items were very small at times, and hard to see.

Go to: