bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 6, 15 10:50 AM
Hi puzzgamer1,

I understand the frustration, as I'm sure you just really want to play this game. Unfortunately, some games can have issues that come up after they're released. Game developers do test games to make sure that they work for a wide variety of hardware and software configurations. However, because of all the possible permutations, a particular game may end up displaying an issue that isn't apparent at the outset. For this reason, we monitor these threads and let the developer know about any trending issues. However, a fix is up to the developer and this is something that Big Fish has no control over.

In the meantime, we can offer troubleshooting support via our Technical Support Team HERE if you're able to write in with a Dr. Felix Report. If the issue remains unresolved, our Reps can also help with a replacement game.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by peggy2742 on May 6, 15 2:52 PM
game closes and I have installed and reinstalled 3 times and still can not play the game. Please credit my account. [Removed by Moderator] I am totally frustrated.

Edited on 05/07/2015 at 9:53:47 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on May 7, 15 9:49 AM
Hi peggy2742,

I'm sorry to hear that the game is crashing even after reinstalling it. While we're unable to credit your account through the Forums, you can definitely contact our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always glad to help.

bfgWaimea

Edited on 05/07/2015 at 9:56:46 AM PST

[Post New]by spansation on May 11, 15 4:18 AM
Benjamin's office: small window so can't complete the tower and continue with game - is this issue being resolved or should I log it with BF?

[Post New]by buddybear72 on May 14, 15 8:25 PM
I go into Benjamin's Office and the screen shrinks and I can t continue the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and it still has the same problem. Is there a fix for this yet?

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on May 15, 15 10:21 AM
doryd wrote:Having the same issue as LOADS of other users here re Benjamin's office and the screen shrinking. Big Fish, STOP telling us to go to the help pages! This is clearly a bug YOU NEED TO FIX! Either that or reimburse us all our money!

I for one am NOT restarting the game just so I can progress by having to follow steps exactly as per the walkthrough. That is ridiculous and unnecessary!

I feel exactly the same way. I'm tired of being told that it is essentially my problem and not the developers' or Big Fish's problem. And, I'm tired of spending my money on defective products.

[Post New]by RobinLea on May 25, 15 1:58 PM
I have re-installed twice and exited the game. When I close the game and try to continue it crashes. I suppose the only way to do it as play without exiting. Hope they get a fix for this soon. Have no trouble with other games!!!!

[Post New]by heathershm1 on May 25, 15 3:32 PM
Playing the SE and enjoying it until Benjamins office, screen shrinks to left hand corner rest is black and can not continue, restarted game, switched off computer restarted, still same then go into forum and find its an issue, why still sell the game when they know theres an issue like this, not happy

[Post New]by omegamack on May 27, 15 10:03 PM
I am having the same issue as others. When I open the game after the titles, credits, and intro finish and the menu page starts, the game crashes once I hit play. I have restarted the game several times and it continues to do it. I was really enjoying the game and far into the story and game play. I hope this can be fixed or I have wasted 2 credits on this game.

kes_d
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by kes_d on Jun 11, 15 11:03 AM
Having the same issue where it crashes out after the intro. I bought this at first release and although it crashed a couple of times, I kept trying and eventually managed to play most of the game. Now it won't allow me past the intro at all, tried at least 8 times today and get the windows error message "has stopped working" I am using Windows 8.1

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jul 13, 15 5:38 PM
I am joining what seems like a rather long queue of frustrated players here. I am also very near to the end of the main game and now each time I attempt to play, the game closes. When I launch the game (always from the Game Manager) it opens smoothly, but when I click "Play" in the Main Menu, it closes. I can go to any other selection in the Main Menu (Credits, Bonus Content, Other Games, Options) with no problem.

In response to my initial inquiry to Customer Support (including a Dr. Felix report), I received a "boiler plate" list of suggestions to try. My plug-ins are all current, my video driver is up-to-date; so those are not the cause of the problem. I was a good sport and went through the steps to change the Compatibility settings, but that did not correct the problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice.

I have now sent a reply to Customer Support with a new Dr. Felix report and outlined all the steps I have taken. Let's hope someone can find the key to unlock the rest of the game for those of us who have been trapped inside this "mirror".

jazzbuster
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jazzbuster on Aug 22, 15 7:07 AM
I still can't get it to show me the pointer. Based on previous advice, I was able to get into the game enough to turn off (un-click) custom cursors but it still won't show me one. I have actually limped along through the game using a combination of mental X/Y references, hints, and just clicking all over, trying Mr. Jenkins, etc. but I really like this game - wonderful graphics - but it's really bugging me that I can't play it without seeing some kind of pointer.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it before. I am using Windows 8/ 8.1, on a PC.

PLEASE help me get t his working right!!! I don't see anyone else with this problem!!

jazzbuster the jellyfish

[Post New]by tryeen on Sep 13, 15 2:39 PM
I did a Felix report some time ago and I have yet to hear anything about a fix. Do we have any timeline on this?

[Post New]by pattyb3 on Jan 19, 16 12:28 PM
Patty Bunn

When I enter Benjamin's office the room shrinks and I can't continue the game. I don't want to restart and play the whole game through again. Can't something be done to fix this?

Windows 7 Professional

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jan 19, 16 1:41 PM
For some reason, the game manager just had me reactivate this game. Was there a fix downloaded without my knowledge?

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Feb 1, 16 6:45 PM
And it did it again. Something weird is going on.

[Post New]by QueenDolly on Apr 17, 16 8:58 PM
I cannot continue the game.....shrinks to left hand corner.....what do I do now. Game a waste of money.

jazzbuster
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

can't get pointer to show

[Post New]by jazzbuster on Jun 15, 16 12:45 AM
HP Pavilion 20 all-in-one WIN 10
I can't see the pointer. I was able to get the custom pointer unchecked, but that didn't fix it.
I have the same game Family Portrait with the same problem but I was able to un-check the wide screen and full screen options. It works now.

I haven't been able to do that with Phantom Reflection. I can get the Options box up and can highlight the Cancel and OK buttons, but nothing else lights up, and I can't find the check boxes to un-check the screen display options.I have uninstalled and re-installed this game, no difference. I have changed the player name twice but keep getting the same screen display options.

What should I do next?
kt

[Post New]by kdbones on Aug 12, 16 11:07 AM
At the bar gameI need to move pipes but will not show movement can hear but can't see where they move to. Almost as if frozen screen but I can back out just can not see Is there a patch for this?

[Post New]by msfelixthecatz on Sep 9, 16 12:10 AM
I'm also having the glitch in Benjamin's office shrinking, so can't progress. I've erased the game and started over, just to have it happen again. So disappointing.

Go to: