Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Re:MINI-GOLF: hints & player courses on Big Fish

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Mar 3, 16 10:28 AM
Hello everyone.

None of my complaints to the developers have landed on a sympathetic ear. I have been told that golf was never meant to be an extension of the game, so fixing problems will never be a priority. Even more sadly I have been told, even though most of my tickets have been about golf and glitches, that I am selfish. They also no longer answer my tickets and all are closed. That is pretty poor customer service, but also is not true as I was always willing to help players in game, on forums and on Wiki. (Although that has been all been reeled in lately, sorry. If they do not care about the game, why should I use my time to make up for their lack of helpfulness?)

I still wonder, why would they even bother to make golf courses then, if so many are left unplayable? Why are they continuing to make pieces for each event? Why are they charging so much for pieces that are no longer available? Why make a piece without testing it? (Erika has none of the newer pieces on her course and Justin's has no obstacles) Why has the clown piece disappeared from the store?

Several of the top-rated courses are not accessible for me and a few others. I am not sure if that is because of glitches, or perhaps overloaded servers but all I get is a black screen or "loading" popup. I know Richie 64 has removed several pieces, including the rose petal one and now we can get to it, but that may or may not have been the problem.

It is all a head shaker for me. Being I can no longer complain, as I am being totally ignored on any of the forums and ticketing should any of this bother you as well, please, also let them know so that I am not the only one seen to be complaining.

Edited for grammar.

Edited on 03/11/2016 at 7:51:17 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Mar 11, 16 5:37 PM
As I was Making another pot of gold hole on my golf course, I was testing it before opening the course again. Thank goodness I did because it glitched and blocked the ball. (There are SOOO many glitches in in golf and I am not sure any are even being considered for fixing... see above rant)

The pot of gold piece has many yellow balls (supposed to be gold coins) that spew out of it as well as stationary ones scattered around it. The pot of gold that I placed closed to the flag was blocking the golf ball where those 2 pieces adjoined. I tried lifting and returning the piece, and lifting and re-adding the flag piece but it still blocked. When I was lifting the pieces, I noticed that one of the yellow balls was overlapping from the pot of gold piece and wondered if that might be the culprit. I refreshed and sure enough the overlapping yellow ball moved to another location and I could play again.

While refreshing is okay for me, as it gets me back to my own course, other players will be returned to their own course, and will not be able to play my course or have any way to tell me the course is glitched. (As someone who tried desperately to let players know their course is unplayable, by PMs or in AI chat, I can tell you it is pretty hopeless and wasted effort for the most part)

Without a way to communicate, glitches are making many golf courses difficult or impossible to play and that's sad. It is , after all, a part of the game and should not be so neglected. Please, if anyone else sees problems with golf, be sure to let Justin Know.

Edited on 03/11/2016 at 7:54:47 PM PST

retract553
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by retract553 on Mar 14, 16 3:49 AM
I have to be honest. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing with this golf course. I actually nearly got cursed out by somebody while I was working on quests on Amicus Island...lol

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Mar 14, 16 4:23 PM
retract553 wrote:I have to be honest. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing with this golf course. I actually nearly got cursed out by somebody while I was working on quests on Amicus Island...lol

Hey retract, that was me and I apologize if I sounded aggressive but, I did not curse you out when we spoke. I was frustrated that when I told you for the 3rd time that your snake piece was backwards and it made your course unplayable, that you said you didn't care.

I was trying to make you aware that after me trying your course 3 times, and advising you for the third time it was unplayable, you should try to fix it or close it. I am sure that many players went to your course to try to get their 50 unique course achievement besides me trying those 3 times, so try to imagine how frustrating it is to play a course half way only to find you can't get the achievement. (A course has to be playable/rate-able to count)

If you look at the first page here or on Wiki, I have added hints on how to build a course and correctly use some of the pieces. I have also offered many times to help players set up a course and play it once its is ready. That still stands. I will play your course or help if you ask.

Also on page 1 are the unplayable/empty courses I have found thus far. Please use your "edit/find" just to see how many there are for Bigfish players, BUT, please also understand that your course could also be attempted by players from some other platforms playing this game, as the golf course servers are linked when you ask to play a random course. After setting up a course, isn't it good to know it is also playable by others?

Testing your course to ensure it is playable before it is opened is also important and solves most (not all ) problems, but being so few read Wiki or this forum, know you are not alone in making that mistake.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Mar 15, 16 1:51 PM
Thanks to all the new players who are being very thoughtful and making a one-hole easy course for those vying for the 50 unique course achievement!

Wishing you all good luck !!

................................BONUS CLOWN PIECE

Daily Bonus: Every 20 hours, you can get a random reward of energy, power and mana for getting the ball in the clown's mouth! This applies to anyone's golf course OR ranch set-up. The clown has a black display of the hours 'til it is ready

Edited on 03/15/2016 at 1:55:14 PM PST

retract553
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by retract553 on Mar 18, 16 10:45 AM
Kittypurrrs wrote:
retract553 wrote:I have to be honest. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing with this golf course. I actually nearly got cursed out by somebody while I was working on quests on Amicus Island...lol

Hey retract, that was me and I apologize if I sounded aggressive but, I did not curse you out when we spoke. I was frustrated that when I told you for the 3rd time that your snake piece was backwards and it made your course unplayable, that you said you didn't care.

I was trying to make you aware that after me trying your course 3 times, and advising you for the third time it was unplayable, you should try to fix it or close it. I am sure that many players went to your course to try to get their 50 unique course achievement besides me trying those 3 times, so try to imagine how frustrating it is to play a course half way only to find you can't get the achievement. (A course has to be playable/rate-able to count)

If you look at the first page here or on Wiki, I have added hints on how to build a course and correctly use some of the pieces. I have also offered many times to help players set up a course and play it once its is ready. That still stands. I will play your course or help if you ask.

Also on page 1 are the unplayable/empty courses I have found thus far. Please use your "edit/find" just to see how many there are for Bigfish players, BUT, please also understand that your course could also be attempted by players from some other platforms playing this game, as the golf course servers are linked when you ask to play a random course. After setting up a course, isn't it good to know it is also playable by others?

Testing your course to ensure it is playable before it is opened is also important and solves most (not all ) problems, but being so few read Wiki or this forum, know you are not alone in making that mistake.

Hey Kitty.
Just to clear things up so we can move on peacefully; sorry, but I NEVER said I didn't care. I asked what you were talking about, because I truly didn't know, and you told me to scroll your comments, because you didn't feel like repeating yourself. You then said just fix it, and walked off.

That being said, I still don;t know what you were talking about...lol I didn't see the clown piece when I went to check the golf course. It may be a glitch issue. I very rarely even go to my course. Maybe I'll try it this weekend.

There are some helpful posts here.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Mar 18, 16 2:24 PM
retract553, if you think I am upset with you , you are mistaken. No hatchets to bury here! I just wish the developers would take ownership of the golf course issues so these problems wouldn`t occur int the first place.

it is your snake/waterslide piece that is backwards. The small part has to face the player or it doesn`t work.

I thought that you were the player who said they didn`t care! Sorry about that. On days when I am checking out courses, I can speak to several players and I made an assumption that it was you.

The reason I ask players to check the history is that it is so difficult to get someone`s attention on AI (even mine as I am often doing other things, like reading when I fish) so I may have written many lines of text when I finally do.

It`s not that I am lazy it is just frustrating to be repeating myself. I will PM you one of my conversations so you can see just how frustrating it can be...

Kitty

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Mar 22, 16 9:59 AM
XXX🐣 🐣 🐣 🐣 🐣 🐣

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXHAPPY EASTER

XXX🐣 🐣 🐣 🐣 🐣 🐣

Flybaby has her golf course open, possibly only for a short while, so be sure to play it while you can. It is one of the prettiest for sure! Like Hoochmoose, her design and decor skills are outstanding! Hoochmoose and Flybaby also have ranches that are an every changing delight to visit.

Richie64's golf course never fails to surprise me. He is back near the top where he belongs. Some of his holes are tricky, but I always get a huge laugh when I play his course.

It is great to see so many different players taking a spot on the top 10! (Well, except for one hole wonders that manage to sneak in that is!) Your time and effort are appreciated, I assure you. Bigfish players have also managed to maintain the majority of spots in the top 10 over the other 5 platforms. Congrats Bigfish players!!

I made a huge egg at the entrance of my course, in keeping with the event themes, should you wish to check it out. (I may not be Ukrainian, but I still make a mean Psanka! I still have the ones I made as a child in 4H ) Anyone else have something new on their course for me to add? Pm me or add a new post so we can all enjoy your efforts!

REMINDER NEW PLAYERS: BONUS CLOWN PIECE

Daily Bonus: Every 20 hours, you can get a random reward of energy, power and mana for getting the ball in the clown's mouth! This applies to anyone's golf course OR ranch set-up. The clown head has a black display of the hours 'til ready

Edited on 03/22/2016 at 11:24:36 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Apr 4, 16 2:59 PM
I played an excellent course today that I need to give a shout out to. SirSinister has an 18 hole course (see page 2 for more details) that is extremely well laid out to give a challenge, as well as a choice of holes so you can choose your path to exit the hole. It is constantly changing so huge Kudos to this player for the effort to keep it ever changing and interesting..

if you see SirSinister on the top 10 golf list, please let it stay awhile as it deserves to be played and be sure to click on the player and try the course when you have the time!

Reminder to those just starting out or not wishing to make a course:

#1 There are many people who are trying to complete the game's achievements. That includes golfing 50 UNIQUE playable/rate-able courses. Being many courses are open, yet are not playable or are empty, it makes vying for that achievement much more difficult and a frustrating endeavor, rather than fun.

#2 It isn't difficult or expensive to make a one hole course if you wish to leave your course open. The fix or time to make one hole takes less time than it does for me to try to explain on AI chat. (You have no idea how difficult that can be!) Making a one hole course means placing BOTH a flag and a putter, so it can be rated.

#3 Some players, like myself, will click on random courses after getting the daily clown bonus. it would be great to have more of the empty courses closed so that we do not have to click so many times to finally find a course that is actually ready to play. To close your course, make the green check mark into a red X.

#4 I have stumbled upon some really great courses while clicking on random. The players who made those courses did so, so that others could enjoy playing it! Being there are only 10 top ten slots to click on, we should not have such difficulty wading through the courses that are not complete to find the gems.

Edited on 04/04/2016 at 10:01:46 PM PST

kirby65
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kirby65 on Jul 24, 16 10:25 AM
does anybody have problem with joker golf piece

Go to: