Hi All from the developer

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Re:Hi All from the developer

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Feb 7, 10 6:47 PM
I got it a little while ago despite rather lukewarm reviews. I'd played the demo twice and had liked it.

I enjoyed it although it got a little repetitive toward the end and the ending was a bit abrupt. I had a hard time finding those keys but things weren't too bad. I never play in timed mode.

So many of the new games seem so lackluster that I've been looking at the older games. You often get a better game for your money, IMO.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 15, 10 9:04 PM
ByteSize wrote:HELP!!!! I LOVE the game, but I'm a little frustrated. I've been through ALL the chapters with an A+ on every one but STILL cannot unlock the Wand of Keys(according to Gamzebo's walkthrough, you have to complete ALL chapters and recieve an A average to unlock it). Does that mean you have to play all the DIFFICULTY levels all the way through?? If anybody has unlocked it, could you PLEASE tell me how you did it?? Thank you!!

Start the game again as the same user. The new wand is in the book.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Apr 5, 10 8:44 PM
blurry and much to "junky" Finally deleated 1/2 way through. love the idea but very unpleasent to play.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Apr 5, 10 9:14 PM
cll1950 wrote:blurry and much to "junky" Finally deleated 1/2 way through. love the idea but very unpleasent to play.

Sorry it was blurry for you. It was crisp and clear for me. I love the developer's sense of humor and hope another will be coming out this summer. It's definitely not an iHOG, but I don't really need all of my games to be iHOGs.

[Post New]by DucatiChick on Aug 15, 10 6:44 AM
I didn't like it " AT ALL " !! Can't see %$^& have the time, lame plot, etc...

Edited on 08/15/2010 at 6:45:30 AM PST

LynFrank
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by LynFrank on Aug 15, 10 8:58 AM
Am finding it a bit tough - even with the magnifying glass!! A great game if you have really good eyesight and lots of time!!

...Well I finally finished and thank goodness I bought this magnifying glass!!!!
I reckon I'll be on the lookout for another of these games when it comes out - I now have a magical wand so that I won't miss any more keys, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 08/17/2010 at 10:58:17 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 15, 10 9:42 PM
LynFrank wrote:Am finding it a bit tough - even with the magnifying glass!! A great game if you have really good eyesight and lots of time!!

OMG, what magnifying glass? I just finished the game (took me a couple of days playing on and off - some "eye breaks", food, sleep, etc... and I didn't ever notice a magnifying glass option.... Geez.. no wonder I couldn't find a few of those keys. LOL

Very tough game, but gratifying and a feeling of accomplishment getting A+ es on each chapter, etc.. A few of those minis were super tough and I admit to consulting a walkthrough a few times for help with those and I also used three or four "Reveals" over the course of the game (neither of which are things I normally do!). I had to give it up on a few of those keys too, I just could not find a few of those. My favorite thing about this game? The fact that no matter how long it takes you to accomplish the HOG scenes or the mini games - if you stick with it and complete them, you are always rewarded and never penalized for time or misclicks - only positive reinforcement!! WTG developer - that keeps a player enjoying the game and wanting to succeed

I am so impressed one man did this all by himself - wow! He should be really proud of this - very original game play, story, mini-games - the works!! I have never played the first one but think I will download it too and give it a try!!

Very impressive game and definitely a tough one for a HOG (which is a good thing) but I guarantee I would never attempt this in the "Hard" timed mode myself - I would never make it out of the starting gate and/or would crack under the pressure!

P.S. To the developer: If you revisit this thread and read the posts, here is my suggestion/hope if you design a sequel to this game: Do not make it any easier!! This was a perfect level of difficulty (HOG scenes AND mini-games). There was plenty of help available if a player wanted or needed it (plus a skip option) but if you just wanted to forge ahead, like myself, you could do that as well. Marvelous!!

Edited on 08/15/2010 at 9:46:32 PM PST

Ariztokat
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ariztokat on Aug 15, 10 10:17 PM
Hello, Bryce.

Compliments on a job WELL done! This is a fantastic game, and I wish BFG had the first installment on the market. I missed it, and would love to have it to add to the collection. Hopefully this will turn into a regular series? I'd like more of the same.

... Next time, though, could you make the objects a bit larger or clearer? These old eyes of mine gave me a headache. It took me 2 days to play the game because I had to keep stopping to take another aspirin. lol.

Seriously, this is the only objection I had to the whole game. It's lovely! I wish there were more like it. Thank you for putting such great care into it's creation. I'd be very proud if I were you.

and

Kat

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 16, 10 5:51 AM
Ariztokat wrote:Hello, Bryce.

Compliments on a job WELL done! This is a fantastic game, and I wish BFG had the first installment on the market. I missed it, and would love to have it to add to the collection. Hopefully this will turn into a regular series? I'd like more of the same.

... Next time, though, could you make the objects a bit larger or clearer? These old eyes of mine gave me a headache. It took me 2 days to play the game because I had to keep stopping to take another aspirin. lol.

Seriously, this is the only objection I had to the whole game. It's lovely! I wish there were more like it. Thank you for putting such great care into it's creation. I'd be very proud if I were you.

and

Kat

Hi there Kat -

BFG does have the first game available, here's a link to the game demo/purchase page: http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/1665/magicianshandbookc/index.html

Just thought I would let you know!!

shadowfax

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Aug 16, 10 6:28 AM
i demoed...
i bought...
still playing....

great game

later...

[Post New]by mycatsarefrench on Sep 4, 10 7:37 PM
Love it! More, please, faster.

I love how this game is not like every other one that's been coming out - the latest "fad". Great job and will be looking for more from you. Will be checking out the first one also. Thanks for giving me a really good time.

[Post New]by Theodora53 on Sep 5, 10 11:51 AM
I have been enjoying this game however those keys have been giving me quite a difficult time they are so small and these eyes of mine are not what they used to be it would be nice if your next game you could improve on that for us older girls. Also the puzzles really needed some more input on what I was supposed to do, I know some of the younger gamers probably had no problem with them but I did. Keep up the good work I love the fairies.

Go to: