vjones
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Magic Encyclopedia 2 is out...

[Post New]by vjones on Jul 5, 09 5:02 AM
I am having problems with the monkey and using Vista so that is not the solution. I think if I would have stayed in the room and not gone to the other areas it would have been fine.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 5, 09 6:10 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
pomlover1 wrote:...
Lovely game, shorter than the first one, which was much better than this one. I have a new name for this game: "The Age of the Sticks"...

Among so many possibilities to match between objects - most of the time I was forced to seach for ... sticks! A broom had at least 5 stick parts! In the last chapters I knew that I have to search the small sticks, instead of some decent object parts...

LOL! That's a good name for it all right. This is one of the main reasons I will not rate it higher than 2 !/2 stars. It sometimes seems that all I did was hunt for small thin "sticks" which with my poor eyesight I could not see. I clicked a great deal and then when I got tired of that I used a Hint. It really was ridiculous!

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on Jul 5, 09 7:26 AM
When is the walkthrough coming out? On the game page it says check out the blog walkthrough but it's not there. I LOVE THIS GAME! Just need a little help on some of the mini-games. I run XP and have had no problems at all. Hope everyone had a great 4th!!

[Post New]by selkirksam on Jul 5, 09 7:44 AM
Regarding the Pearl Diver's Hut and the monkey in the doorway. We restarted the game and when we got the bowl and the milk, we gave it to him and IMMEDIATELY went thru the door when he diappeared. Collect everything in here before you leave. You will have to come back at the very end of this level, but that was not a problem, the monkey was not there

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Jul 5, 09 7:51 AM
Just love this game,great

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Jul 5, 09 8:09 AM
i love this game, i bought it yesterday and am replaying it today and am determined to play all the mini games but i dont understand the tarot cards so i guess this is one i have to skip again but overall the game is great fun

Re:Magic Encyclopedia 2 & missing gems

[Post New]by Krakle on Jul 6, 09 10:42 AM
Just finished the game and discovered a few things about the missing gems message:
1. If you are missing gems from anywhere, you cannot move past Mayan/Venice.
2. To find out where you are missing gems: visit the map and look for floating gems, they are above the location where your gems are missing
3. If you click on the small gem icons on the bottom right of your screen you will see: a) the color of the missing gem and b)how many gems are missing.
4, Find all the missing gems and return to the Mayan temple and you'll complete the game.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jul 6, 09 12:12 PM
Hi all,

Just popping in to move this thread, now that it has a forum of its own.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

[Post New]by frostca77 on Jul 6, 09 4:14 PM
pomlover1 wrote:Help !!!!! I cant figure out what to do with the lamp in the asia scene. When Im in the hut, it tells me to find stuff elsewhwere and when I go outside and click on the hint button, it tells me to go elsewhere ro find. But this game is awesome. Thanks

[Post New]by frostca77 on Jul 6, 09 4:16 PM
If anyone has an answer to the mysterious lantern and what to do with it in Asia, I would be so happy. I've been on this section since yesterday...it's driving me crazy - I want to move on already!

Thank you!

Of course as soon as I post this, I find the answer. Good grief! Time to play!

Edited on 07/06/2009 at 4:29:26 PM PST

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jul 6, 09 5:51 PM
I am missing 2 gems, apparently from Venice and Mayan temple. Can't find them even with walkthrough or hints. Totally stuck! Actually, they may not be missing from there but I can't tell where. Some places don't have floating gems (more than 2 but that's all I am missing)

Edited on 07/06/2009 at 5:53:20 PM PST

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Jul 7, 09 9:59 AM
Corie60 wrote:
LoveMyBichons wrote:Poodlebear wrote: "Way I figure it is if they offfered a Detective Felix pewter keychain for $7 would I buy it? Yes. For more than that? No, probably not. Would I buy strictly junk for the promo? No. So I buy the games I would buy anyway and this week (and last) has had some wonderful ones.

My *only* expense for entertainment is this, collecting dolls (which has slowed considerably), a couple MMOs, and Netflix. My husband works a blue collar job and has had his hours cut back to 35 a week and I am on Social Security because I've been disabled all my life but managed to work 15+ years before it became too severe to work so we by no means are anything but standard middle class, on the low end at that, according to charts I've seen. BUT we are extremely careful with our money, carry no consumer debt *ever* (cards are never used beyond what can be paid comfortably each month) beyond our mortgage and my accesible van we had to purchase last Summer when I could no longer transfer to the car. Working hard for many years, careful planning, wise spending and saving and a quiet life have allowed me this indulgence. If I get a keychain too than coooooool"

Your life and attitudes as posted are almost a mirror reflection of mine! Like you: debt free, no mortage (lucky enough to have paid it off this year! ), smart savings and good money management allows me to spend $30 or so a month for games. I don't do $5 coffee at Starbucks or wear designer clothes. Being physically challenged, these games are a great source of entertainment that keeps me from dieing in front of the TV!

EDIT: Boy I messed up this post lol. Had to edit to put my thoughts in. Just wanted to chime in that I am in about the same position (still have mortgage), but disabled and would go nuts with the TV all day. And Poodlebear I worked as long as possible till the doc said "no more" and do everything possible to fight the boredom. Also have two BICHONS and Lovemybichons too!!

Corie

Are they not the best dogs ever! I know those with other breeds may beg to differ Grace & Joy love when I play games - they each choose a foot and lay on it! I call them my "fuzzy white slippers.
Love

Zoesgran
Herring
Herring
365 Posts

[Post New]by Zoesgran on Jul 7, 09 12:28 PM
I downloaded this game, but I am having problems with it. Everytime I try to go to the menu it gives me "the blue screen of death" with a load of blocks and locks my computer up. Has anybody else had this problem? It seems like there is a fault in the program, and I am on XP with loads of RAM left so it can't have anything to do with that. Its really frustrating because the little bit I could play looks really good.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jul 7, 09 2:25 PM
Iliked the game too.hope the sec. comes here soon,and others i am waiting for,
LIKe dram day vegas,mystery pi,can,t think of the other one.maybe they will come here all at once.

myrstar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by myrstar on Jul 7, 09 5:32 PM
Help, can't figure out what is in the nest I need, to mvoe on. I need to find the last piece of the hammer.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Jul 8, 09 12:41 AM
I was glad to find out that others are having the freeze problem with the cursor when clicking on Next or the globe, to move to other locations. At first I thought I might have to redownload, but with repeated clicking, I seem to be getting through it. Too bad it has this glitch, however. Other than that, no problems. I have XP, and I got past the monkey into the hut just fine, after I gave him the cocoanut milk. I am enjoying the game; bought it right away instead of downloading demo, since I had a game credit, and I enjoyed the first ME game. Not through yet, but have reached my limit for playing tonight.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Jul 8, 09 12:43 AM
myrstar, have you freed the bird from the cage yet? When you do, he will fly to the nest, and leave something there that you need.

missnurse
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by missnurse on Jul 9, 09 9:46 PM
pomlover1 wrote:Help !!!!! I cant figure out what to do with the lamp in the asia scene. When Im in the hut, it tells me to find stuff elsewhwere and when I go outside and click on the hint button, it tells me to go elsewhere ro find. But this game is awesome. Thanks

missnurse
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by missnurse on Jul 9, 09 9:48 PM
I cant figure out what to do with the lamp either Help

missnurse
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by missnurse on Jul 9, 09 9:49 PM
frostca77 wrote:If anyone has an answer to the mysterious lantern and what to do with it in Asia, I would be so happy. I've been on this section since yesterday...it's driving me crazy - I want to move on already!

Thank you!

Of course as soon as I post this, I find the answer. Good grief! Time to play!

Go to: