Tsavorite
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate

[Post New]by Tsavorite on Jul 15, 09 4:32 PM
I have a problem accessing this game. I know it works because I already tried it once. But when I exited out of it before and then tried to start it again, the screen were blank as if it would start, the desktop came back on and nothing! I am not computer guru as my husband installed this for me. Anyone have any help available?

[Post New]by KrissiFontaine on Jul 16, 09 10:04 AM
chrstypttrsn wrote:I haveing problems also with this game it's like doubled on the screen...Like I see 2 intro's amd when the game starts it's like mirrored

I have the exact same problem, and because of this I'm not able to play it. :-(
Any hint on what to do??
Too bad after buying and downloading such a large file...

[Post New]by MaryJaneZigZag on Jul 16, 09 10:13 AM
Oh, that's sucky!
I'm not making fun-I totally sympathise, especially as you say, when you've downloaded a big file game.
I've had some trouble with Nancy Drew games in the past & found if I checked my graphics card software to make sure it's completely up to date, that solved any display issues. Try that & see how it goes - and thanks to the Big Fish tech support for pointing that out to me the 1st time it happened!
Anyhow-give that a shot (check your drivers & then go online to their respective support sites to see if there's a software upgrade you need).
I really hope this helps!

[Post New]by MsFireDragon on Jul 16, 09 4:38 PM
I think I must be a glutton for punishment. Broke down and ordered Mina's Fate instead of waiting for it to get to the store shelves ( plus it's cheaper on Big Fish )

The original game took me nearly 2 months to finish and I had to go buy a copy of the book just to understand the game ( plus watching every movie made about it).

I can't wait to tackle this mystery......now I'm in a wait pattern as it is only 40% done for download. I am SOOOOO glad I have highspeed and not dial-up.

[Post New]by MsFireDragon on Jul 16, 09 5:01 PM
In regards to not being able to get the game to run and whatnot..... check your computer stats and make sure that all your graph files and things like that are up to date. Also check your firewall status as that can sometimes be an issue ( I have found that some games and or programs throw it for a loop).

You might want to try to 'de-cookie' ( click on search,then all files, type in cookies and hit the search all files button) your computer and maybe even go as far as doing disc clean-up and defragment ( access through your start panel and accessories).

If you have the back-up disc for the game, then uninstall the game and reinstall it or maybe even try a different computer/laptop if that is possible ( my daughter has some games that won't run on her computer, but will run on mine and vice versa.

I hate to say it, but you might have to actually UP your memory chip and/or processing speed as well as graphics card ( but that is a LAST resort).

My hubby has learned to fix computers ( when you have kids it's either that or buy stock in the stupid things) and I get the programs running and up to par ( I'm a mom so I have the patience or so I've been told).

BTW: I don't claim to be all knowledgeable or a computer whiz, just passing on what has worked for me in the past ( If it ain't broke, hand it to a kid and then get back to me :p)

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Jul 16, 09 8:19 PM
gapalms wrote:How do I get the monkey's health level into the green? I fed him an orange, an egg, and the one seed that I finally managed get out of the fruit game that he plays with the girl monkey. Jeez! Any suggestions? More food locations? Or, do I have to play that game again until I get more seeds?
Thanks for any help!

Hi gapalms

There is a dead porcupine just below the windmill. Combine Grass and click on the carcass. This mini game allows you to 'catch' ants. Jep eats these ants... yummy. lol

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Jul 16, 09 8:21 PM
Runningbear214 wrote:Need walkthru...I'm stuck on how to get the ants for Mina. Anyone help me?

You need a blade of grass to 'catch' the ants

Tsavorite
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Tsavorite on Jul 17, 09 3:53 PM
Any ideas when it will be coming out on CD-Rom?

[Post New]by Cobh1712 on Jul 18, 09 11:30 AM
Playful61 wrote:
gapalms wrote:How do I get the monkey's health level into the green? I fed him an orange, an egg, and the one seed that I finally managed get out of the fruit game that he plays with the girl monkey. Jeez! Any suggestions? More food locations? Or, do I have to play that game again until I get more seeds?
Thanks for any help!

Hi gapalms

There is a dead porcupine just below the windmill. Combine Grass and click on the carcass. This mini game allows you to 'catch' ants. Jep eats these ants... yummy. lol

I have the same problem as playful6. I have already given Jep the ants as well as the orange, egg and seeds and I have given him a bath, which also seems to increase his health. How else do you get his health to green. Also are you stuck until you do get his health to green?

Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate

[Post New]by Cobh1712 on Jul 18, 09 11:38 AM
scotcat wrote:Have fun EdnaMoles (and others). I don't do Big File games.

Hi there, sorry to use the quote button, but where is the 'create new discussion' button?

[Post New]by Gamerlaurie on Jul 19, 09 6:39 PM
I am a little stuck even with the walkthru I saved from Gameboomers.com. It tells you to walk to the bushes near where you marked the cliff to climb up it. But even tho I marked the cliff, Only Jepp can go up. ( which I knew originally only jep could) So is there a location for Mina & Jepp to climb the hill together also? Thanks for any help.

[Post New]by duongqua661 on Jul 21, 09 3:50 AM
Hi
Does anyone know how to get more clay to make the
second lot of tokens (on the cliff in the inlet)
I had Jep go there but there's no clay. He jumped into the water, out and down the bank, no dice. I can't do the mold without more clay.

[Post New]by angharadcymru on Jul 21, 09 3:10 PM
all right. i have the bleeding ocarina. evidently the snake is a music critic, because he doesn't like what i'm playing. i've sat here mucking about, playing "tunes" (although how much of a tune anyone can do with only five out-of-key notes, i don't know) for seven or eight minutes, and still as soon as i put the thing down - because i can't click on anything while i'm playing - the snake will hiss at me as soon as i reach for the purple flower. is there some sort of particular tune i'm supposed to do? or maybe i should bash the snake over the head with the ocarina? that sounds like a plan - eh, wait, not an option. hit it with a stick? hmmm...

i never claimed to be a flautist. someone tell me what i'm missing...

[Post New]by crystal_lite11 on Jul 23, 09 7:36 AM
[b]
Hi i'm new to the Forums not sure i'm posting the right way or right place, i put 2 other posts on other day and i don't know where they went, just wanted to know when we buy a game and also the CD does the game we just bought be on that cd ? Thanks

I played return to mysterious island with a lot of help from walkthrough but i really enjoyed it had to keep restarting my comp cus the game froze or an error mgs came up i sent mgs to support but as yet haven't heard back from them, installing return to mysterious island 2 and it's hasn't taken long couple of hrs i started downloading it and went to supermarket just let the game download so thanks to whoever put that tip on the forum Thanks for any help regarding question Byeeee

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Jul 23, 09 5:15 PM
This is a humongous file, took my computer hours to download. Then I find out there is no way to get the characters to shut up. You have to do the story.

The scenes where you are supposed to locate stuff are like those 360 degree real estate tours. Dizzying, especially since I guess you are supposed to be moving your pointer trying to find things while revolving around and around and also up and down.

There is no 'hint' box, no way to find out what you are supposed to be doing (and I picked the tutorial!)

I am so sorry I download this game since I am now going to remove it - no telling how long that will take. I am very disappointed.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Jul 27, 09 9:06 AM
eva3003 wrote:Does anyone know how to scare off the tiger?
I loved the first game and Im loving this one, even though itd the same place but with no walkthru its quite q chqllenge!

This a pretty good walk-through > http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcRr/RTMI2/returntomysteriousisland2.htm

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Jul 27, 09 9:07 AM
folkdance wrote:This is a humongous file, took my computer hours to download. Then I find out there is no way to get the characters to shut up. You have to do the story.

The scenes where you are supposed to locate stuff are like those 360 degree real estate tours. Dizzying, especially since I guess you are supposed to be moving your pointer trying to find things while revolving around and around and also up and down.

There is no 'hint' box, no way to find out what you are supposed to be doing (and I picked the tutorial!)

I am so sorry I download this game since I am now going to remove it - no telling how long that will take. I am very disappointed.

you could try this walk-through> http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcRr/RTMI2/returntomysteriousisland2.htm

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Jul 27, 09 9:08 AM
tazmann423 wrote:Looks interesting. Wish it had a demo.

http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcRr/RTMI2/returntomysteriousisland2.htm

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Jul 27, 09 9:11 AM
tazmann423 wrote:Looks interesting. Wish it had a demo.

http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcRr/RTMI2/returntomysteriousisland2.htm

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

Re: Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate

[Post New]by jdelbove on Jul 27, 09 9:20 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I really HATE this game.
It is nerve-racking beyond belief! Even with the walk-through, (http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcRr/RTMI2/returntomysteriousisland2.htm) which doesn't tell you alot of things like the first one did. I liked the last one soooo much better!!!
I still can't find how to set the stupid code to scare the second Leopard away from the ledge where the turtle is. Nor can I find the pole or a way to get Jeb into the mud flats for the purple flowers. Although I BOUGHT this game, I think I am going to just delete it or forget about it for a while.

Good luck to all..........JoAnne

Go to: