danny_kiddo
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine comments and reviews

[Post New]by danny_kiddo on Aug 14, 09 9:53 AM
I really liked this game, it was fun, the HOGs were fun (I just wished they wouldn't use the same items over and over again, like a freakin' hot dog everywhere!) and the puzzles were cool too. However, something that bothered me is that the clicks have to be very precise. If you are asked to find a pencil, you better click on the exact pixel of the pencil or it won't be cleared off your list.

Other than that, fun game, good storyline (I like horror movies so lol) the art is beautiful, just that tiny bug of precise clicking. A must buy definitely!

danny_kiddo
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by danny_kiddo on Aug 14, 09 10:26 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:I've just finished the game for the second time and I'm slightly disappointed that there's no sense of being rewarded for your skill. I used 1 hint and skipped nothing, but the access is still B+ and she's still a Leutenant.

I didn't notice the rank. I'm not very good at replaying games anyway even if the objects switch places.

bailey10
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by bailey10 on Aug 16, 09 10:48 PM
I had soooooooo much fun playing this game! Thanks BigFish!

ginnyj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ginnyj on Aug 19, 09 5:25 PM
loved the demo. will definitely buy. too many great games, too little credits.
hard to decide which game to pick first. have to have this one.

reneesenn
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by reneesenn on Aug 24, 09 2:39 PM
I must admit the bloody first scene is what made this game a must have for me, wanting to help the werewolf was second. I love the graphics and the story. I wish the puzzles were a little harder, especially since the game is not timed.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Aug 26, 09 3:47 PM
sillyfeet wrote:I couldn't fit this in my other post so I will say...I hope my review helps. For me, this is probably a "must buy" but for everyone else I think it's at least a "must try" on the demo.

ETA: Forgot to put in my review...this game is untimed.

Hi Silluy

I am finally getting around to this game. AS USUAL you input is exceptional. You really do help anyone who is at all interested in the game.

Keep them coming..

OnWI

[Post New]by roxyrat on Aug 27, 09 5:17 AM
I cannot get past the glass panel that opens onto the laboratory, please help as I have tried many many configurations with the panel and nothing works. I think this puzzle should have a skip button

[Post New]by angie1512 on Aug 29, 09 11:06 AM
likame51 wrote:I downloaded this game and it seems to be missing something. The pages are black with big white bars where I suspect dialogue or directions should be. Has anyone else had a problem with this download??? Know a solution to this???

iv got the same with this game but all other games that i download are perfect..
i tried unstalling and reinstalling but that didnt work, i thought it might have something to do with my graphics card. ie not powerful enough, but i may be wrong!!!

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Sep 4, 09 5:49 AM
now i loved this game hope they come out with a second one

[Post New]by lilchaloopa92 on Sep 6, 09 10:16 PM
I can't get past the first level where it says to unlock the glass and find the hidden laboratory. There are 3 skulls next to eachother that can change into numbers. What do I do? I can't figure it out. Please help!!!

Edited on 09/06/2009 at 10:30:14 PM PST

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 8, 09 10:37 AM
Just finished playing. I remember buying it just minutes after I tried the demo.
It was an ok game. For me, I found it somewhat confusing. And when you had to pick something up the cursor had to be precisely where the object was. It was very easy to miss. And then I kept thinking, what is it that's annoying me about this game?...
It was the music. Always the same thump thump.... I skipped a lot of puzzles. And also the hints took forever to recharge. And the scenes -all of them- were very dark.
I give it a 3 out of 5. Don't know if I would buy the next one, if there is one. I would play the demo a little longer next time around.

[Post New]by ash425 on Sep 12, 09 3:35 PM
Does anyone know where else you can get another hour download of this game?? when i search online all i get is BFG copy-cats, and i can't buy it. loved the game, and can't seem to find another way to download it. HELP!

[Post New]by poodlebaby on Oct 9, 09 9:07 AM
vickie39 wrote:
likame51 wrote:I downloaded this game and it seems to be missing something. The pages are black with big white bars where I suspect dialogue or directions should be. Has anyone else had a problem with this download??? Know a solution to this???

I'm trying to be patient, but i've had this problem on other games. Now two in a row? "Mystery Island 2" and Department 42. I've changed screen resolution - didn't help.

Hi, I have had the same problems with the games. You need to download a new video driver. First you need to know what driver is in your computer and go to that site. It will tell you to download a new driver. Try it.

[Post New]by angie1512 on Oct 24, 09 5:46 AM
i bought this game a couple of months ago and could not play it, as all i was getting was white lines where the words was suppose to be, iv recently bought a new PC with a better graphics card and the game is working perfectly now, i strongly recomend that people try the trial version first, just incase anybody has the same problem...

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Feb 17, 10 2:44 PM
This was a very interesting, challenging game. I liked the format very All the nine pieces came together in the end. It was an intriguing story and the mini-games required some strategic thinking. I used the blog a couple of times on the mini-games. I like the fact you can easily go back and work on the puzzles if you're interested. A definite winner! One of the best!

nursegay
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by nursegay on Mar 24, 10 1:56 PM
Boo-hoo! I found this too hard!!
The game itself was ok, although for some reason it didn't really engage me like other games have done, but a lot of the puzzles made me want to sling my laptop out of the window!
I managed maybe half. The rest I gave up on. You get just one hint, which only tells you what the end result should be but gives you no idea how to go about it. Some puzzles I couldn't even understand what I was aiming for, and ended up just clicking the mouse at random before finally hitting the Skip button in despair.
I hate having to do that, because I feel I've lost out.
Still, you have to hand it to BFG - they cater for all abilities so there's always plenty of games where I don't end up tearing my hair out!

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Apr 17, 10 5:11 PM
I just finished playing this game. I liked that the hidden objects were not so small that you couldn't find them. Some were very well hidden though, so at times that I really had to search for them. I had trouble at first with the puzzles until I realized that I could click on the ? button to get directions as to what I should be doing. I did have to skip some puzzles because I just didn't have enough patience to work them out... I wanted to move on in the game. I did like that you had to give the puzzle a try though - the skip button didn't activate right away. The only think I didn't like about the game was some of the music became annoying to me, but I just had to remember to turn the sound down. There was a hint at the end of the game that there might be a sequel. I sure hope so! (IF it has already come out, I'd appreciate it if someone let me know the title.)

Thank you Big Fish for a great game!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jul 18, 10 6:38 PM
This is one of the best games I've played...it is on my Top 10 iHOG list.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 5, 10 9:14 AM
Played 10 minutes of the demo, liked it and wanted to read your opinions. Off to buy it, and it's only 2.99, great !

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Sep 5, 10 9:18 AM
bbelle wrote:My kind of game. Played 5 minutes and bought. Thanks Big Fish for great games.

Bbelle, I too played the game for 5 minutes and bought it. I like this game and the value. Thanks! Going to sit back with my Sunday and enjoy.

Go to: