DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Wanderland here!

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Oct 13, 16 7:04 PM
I agree with other who say the drop rate in HOS's and when cursed is very poor. I need an item for a quest when the HOS is in mirror. I have tried that particular HOS in mirror mode a few times without an luck. It's not like I can get mirror any time I want it. Also, when I have a cracked glass card for mirror, it randomly chooses the HOS rooms. It used to randomly choose mirror or any of the other curses at random. It is unfortunate that that was changed. Now you need the card.

Also, in other rooms, particularly when the quest item is only available in one or two modes, the drop rate is very low.

I can see why others have paid for things in the game. So far, I have not. That may change the way things are going. For example, I have seen only one room, in only one mode that will give you the Glass Shards, the Reeky Alder Ember and the Mix of Letters and the drop rate is low here too. For something that important to the game, that some quests require one or the other of them, it should be made more readily available. Unless it's deliberate so that if we need it and don't have it in our inventory we will then have to buy it.

omarosier
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by omarosier on Nov 19, 16 2:08 PM
I can just say I love the game

craftysherry
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by craftysherry on Nov 22, 16 7:38 PM
Can honestly say I love this game, even with the odd glitches. The imagery is beautiful (wish I could step inside some of the scenes), enjoy both the easy and challenging quests, the mini games within the challenges, the Tournaments are fun and the various other aspects the game offers. I have become an expert card hunter too ! Wanderland has also taught me much patience as I'm playing it without buying any gold or rubies. Some days/weeks it can be slow going but I persevere with help from my friends who I appreciate very much. My hubby is shocked I'm enjoying this game so much as I've never played this type before. I'm more of a card / boardgame kinda girl. Well ... off to wander a little more tonight. Happy Wandering !

shawah
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by shawah on Nov 23, 16 11:00 AM

Edited on 11/30/2016 at 1:41:25 PM PST

[Post New]by cashlady2080 on Nov 29, 16 6:00 AM
do not get hooked into this game. the drop rate of rewards when you first begin is wonderful until you get higher in level then it rapidly drops. Example, the current tournament is gremlins. after using 9 curses which means 27 hos I got a whopping 2 activators. I bit the bullet and bought 3 activators and when I get home tonight I might be lucky enough to be in the top 100. I love playing this game but after having to start over 3 times after crashing and paying real money the game enjoyment is not worth the price.

Tinyfeet2
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Tinyfeet2 on Nov 29, 16 1:18 PM

Edited on 12/01/2016 at 2:30:30 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Nov 30, 16 2:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Forum Moderation Team definitely appreciates seeing the feedback and comments that our users post, and I want to thank everyone here for taking the time to post their reviews. In order to keep this thread easy to navigate, I also wanted to post a quick reminder of our Review Guidelines. Specifically according to the initial post by bfgWaimea:

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

We ask that people please keep this thread reserved for reviews of Wanderland itself. This will help us keep the thread and forums accessible for everyone who wants to use them.

We also completely understand the frustration that technical issues can cause, and the Moderation Team is working to pass along the reports about the ship timer from the forums. We also encourage reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report if you're coming across a technical issue. Our Reps are always willing to help.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. We're happy to help.

Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

mee16
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by mee16 on Feb 14, 17 3:23 AM
This game started out as fun and enjoyable. It is beset with problems no one will fix, and e mailing and sending dr felix which is supposed to be all the tech wizards need to sort it all out; results in the most ludicrous replies. I've been asked for screen shots of things that have disappeared, been told they don't read their e mails or that they are on holiday!!! Seriously sort the customer service out and please please fix this game.
Portals have been locked out for months, no valentines, same mistake with snowmen 2 Februarys in a row.
Lack of enemies of the wright sort when tournaments on. Almost impossible to get mirror shards and then 3 quests in a row after completing one get another that requires the mirror shards.
It is no longer fun or enjoyable.

[Post New]by BonnieBlue102 on Mar 15, 17 7:24 PM
findus02 wrote:I have taken this game out of my PC. I have got to the stage where it is impossible to get any further without large amounts of money.

I can't imagine how much it would cost to finish, if that is actually possible.

A total rip-off. Don't be sucked in!

[Post New]by BonnieBlue102 on Mar 15, 17 7:26 PM
I'm through. I can't even bring myself to total up the amount of money I've spent. Perhaps I just don't have the knack for getting around the game that benefits me instead of working against me. NO MORE!

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Mar 22, 17 1:54 PM
BonnieBlue102, the best strategy for this game is: Do NOT spend any "real money" here. The drop rate is awful. It may take 50 or 60 tries sometimes, in HOS's, to get what you need. I know, I've been there. Spending money does not improve your chances. It only makes you more frustrated! The potions are useless too. My approach is to play once or twice a day and just use up the energy points that have been added over time. Take your time to progress and feel good about NOT spending any money. I believe that if the drop rate were better, more people would spend real money. However, the way the game is programmed, it doesn't make me want to spend money like I would in other games! Good Luck in whatever you decide.

lobajazz
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Reasons to lose fun in the game

[Post New]by lobajazz on May 4, 17 12:46 PM
There are several reasons why I think, this game must have been created by either very greedy people or people with a sadistic streak to them:

1. To upgrade the Golden Idol, I have to use huge amounts of Rubies, and until I did that, it will no longer give any Gold. This feels like blackmail and as for the next upgrade I have to spend 24 Rubies, I have no more chance to get Gold thus I won't get the achievement (collect 30000 Gold from the Idol) that would give me 9 Rubies. 24 Rubies to get some Gold and 9 Rubies? Bad deal

2. To open the Tent, I need two Antlers that can be found only in the Cave at night. To search the Cave, I need 5 Tar Torches. it takes time to find 5 for every search. But what's most frustrating is, that finally searching the Cave at Nighttime didn't give me any Antler. TWICE! Okay I COULD buy two Antlers for 44 Rubies...NAW! Bad Deal!

3. Lately all I get are Quests that I need to "Activate Collections" for. To get the Activators takes enormous time and Energy. I have to kill Orcs in order to get Ice Cubes. And until I finished that quests, I will not get any new one..Thus the game becomes pretty repetitive and boring. Always searching the same scenes over an over..

4. The Portals: New Quests seem to never come. The first two were promising (Sleeping Beauty and the Irish Gnome) but now, Frozen Town, Grim Forest and the Canyon are stuck since forever.

These are only four examples for reasons to start to dislike the game ...

It really is a pity that this beautiful game is spiked with these drawbacks.
The graphics are so nice and the whole map looks wonderful.
Much care for detail, really nice work !

Then marketing peeps come along spoil the fun. Really sad

It seems that "free to play" is just a phrase. I understand that creating a game takes time and costs a lot. Fine. But with so many people playing, could you reduce the level of blackmailing a player into buying Rubies a bit? And could you increase the drop-level of items some more?
Otherwise, I assure you, people will lose the fun and leave the game. Other Game providers were just like that and now they are bancrupt...Just sayin'

Edited on 05/04/2017 at 1:22:13 PM PST

Coffee_Cat
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Coffee_Cat on Jun 2, 17 12:38 PM
I started out very excited. But after less than 2 weeks I have hit that wall where the upgrades to the wells are too costly and far too frequent. HOS drop rate is really bad, even with the booster. It would be much better if the wells would still give gold and energy at the prior level until we gather enough gold or rubies to make the upgrades. As it is, once you hit the upper teens & 20's levels, it becomes a stalemate. It is very tedious and boring to endlessly hop between the only two open portals to gather the tavern cards and there is absolutely nothing else to do to pass the time waiting for the energy to climb enough to search a HOS. It was a great idea, but unless some changes are made, I doubt I'll play much longer.

Update: Energy well update so frequent now that I think I'll just play till it runs out and then wait a day for the energy to build on its own. Or maybe find a different game that has a more reasonable balance of play & wait. This is ridiculous. Not cool.

Edited on 06/02/2017 at 8:27:29 PM PST

[Post New]by hickory_nut on Jun 10, 17 9:46 AM
I am at level 25 and have enjoyed this game until now. It has become very unenjoyable. I played the swamp scene over 50 times and only got 3 torches. This is not good. Yesterday I played the Hunters Hut over 100 times as I was trying to obtain the glass shards and never got them. I have no money to put into this game and would love to give it a good review, and I would love to continue to play. This is all I can say " If you don't have a lot of money to throw at this game don't start it". If you could make the items more available where they could be obtained faster it would make the game more enjoyable.

[Post New]by hickory_nut on Jun 18, 17 3:30 PM
Not a good review. This game has a lot of potential. Takes to long to get Items. If you have plenty of money to throw at this, then go for it. I loved the game, the graphics, and the hidden object scenes. When you need 7 torches to do the Ice cave and you play the HO scenes that have them and only get 1 every 5-10 times you play, then you play the Ice cave and do not get what you need. This makes the game very disgusting. I don't need this in my life, so BYE, BYE.

Coffee_Cat
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Coffee_Cat on Jun 20, 17 5:06 PM
Tonight, 5 scenes searched -1 medal for the tournament. Still over 8k coins way from upgrading the well AGAIN. Why can't we keep collecting at the prior level? I'm paying 6.99 / mo. I only play 2 games. I am not going to drop more cash. The drop rates need to be fairer and the energy well needs to be reconsidered to allow us to continue to collect energy while we save coins for updates (or choose to collect lower amounts). If it keeps going like this I will likely cancel my membership. There are lots of HO games.

Edited on 06/20/2017 at 5:07:18 PM PST

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Jun 21, 17 8:57 AM
Coffee_Cat, you can cancel your membership and still play. This game is the MOST frustrating game (in my opinion) of any Big Fish games for reasons you and MANY others, including myself, have stated. I would suggest that you do NOT spend any money on this game and just play it for free. Take your time. Good Luck.

Coffee_Cat
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Coffee_Cat on Jul 13, 17 6:07 PM
Thanks Fred. I probably will. Frustration isn't something I need. I play the game to try to relieve stress, not pile more on.

[Post New]by wanderland2017 on Jul 15, 17 6:48 AM
sao toi choi toi level37 thi o choi duoc nua. ID la 268062. choi xong tat may, mo lai thi no tro ve vi tri cu. la sao?

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Jul 15, 17 7:30 AM
I did determine that wanderland2017's post is Vietnamese. I tried an online translator, but was not very successful. Can anyone else help?

Go to: