waterfire11
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:My Kingdom for the Princess comments and reviews

[Post New]by waterfire11 on Sep 16, 10 6:33 AM
I`m so glad that I bought this game as a DD! It has become one of my favorite games and I`m not a big TM fan, but this one is great, I love it! And it is worth much more than 2.99$ Thank you ! Now I`m considering buying the sequel.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 27, 10 12:50 PM
Roads of Rome was released on BF today, and I've played half that demo so far. I'm not sure about buying that one, since it's such a clone of this game, it seems. I have bought the second installment of this game though, and played it through.

I just wanted to comment why this game is so much better to me than it's second part or some of the other games.

One thing I particularly like is the premise of cleaning up after a natural disaster. It avoids any war theme, and it's a challenge that seems worthy, realistic, and easy to relate to. I found it a very good (and noble) motivator. The rest of the premise - the princess daughter needing to get back to her ailing father - worked very well for me too. It was just the right sort of urgency.

I think future games of this type should incorporate these types of attributes, for sure, but I think there needs to be more variation than between this one and Roads of Rome. When I played that demo, I was soooo hoping that "exploring the cave" would be some different segment, but it was nothing.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Nov 14, 10 9:17 PM
This is for the developers - THANK YOU!!! What a set of games - I am commenting on both I and II. I have been playing these for months!!! I'm totally addicted - what fun! I get so upset with everyone wanting to know how long a game is - well, play this. It's not a one-time game. I love you guys! Can't wait for III!

This is my second rave about these games - can't help it!

Edited on 11/14/2010 at 9:19:43 PM PST

[Post New]by Reptiliana on Nov 22, 10 12:05 PM
stanliness wrote:This is for the developers - THANK YOU!!! What a set of games - I am commenting on both I and II. I have been playing these for months!!! I'm totally addicted - what fun! I get so upset with everyone wanting to know how long a game is - well, play this. It's not a one-time game. I love you guys! Can't wait for III!

This is my second rave about these games - can't help it!

I agree. Love them and can't wait for another

wissilent
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by wissilent on Nov 29, 10 3:44 PM
[Post New]by loudlife on July 31, 1:30 PM
I have played all the way through and am now going back to get gold on every level. Love the game, it's often quite challenging!

Right now I'm struggling with getting the gold for level 2.3 - is there a specific strategy for this level??? I have played it numerous times and can't get the gold to save my life!

I finally did it. I kept finishing a few seconds too late for the gold but I kept trying by buying things in this order (according to the Big Fish Walk through) Sawmill, warehouse, upgrade sawmill, farm, cottage, then temple. I kept gathering resources and repairing roads until after I purchased the farm and the goldmine at the bottom. Once you have all that then fix the bridge on the left, collected all those resources and fix that mine. then go to the right and middle. I split my workers so they are working on both.

You have to experiment on when to use the extra helper or just get the extra resources. I saved up for the extra resources unless I knew I had enough resources and things for 2 workers to do.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 29, 11 6:59 PM
I had been stuck on the last island for a couple of weeks, getting too frustrated, so dropped this and started Road to Rome2. Very much enjoyed Road's RELAXED option. After completing RtoR2, I started back in on this game, more determined to beat it.
Long story short, managed to finish it tonight! My castle is definitely a fixer-upper, but since they're so in love, they probably won't even notice .
I'm not going to buy MKFTP2 because as I recall there were more "fast click" attacks like the bees. Also not up for another grueling timer experience.
So many of the recently released games such as Island Tribe and Jack of All Tribes have a more relaxed timer setup. Those are the types of timers I hope to see if there is a MKFTP3. That way each player can put on their own desired level of stress to achieve gold, or silver, or just stay alive to finish the level.

Edit to Add: To everyone who posted the tips on strategy to make it through certain levels, a huge THANK YOU! I likely would have been stuck for a very long time without your helpful hints. Thanks for posting them!

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 7:02:17 PM PST

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Mar 31, 11 7:04 PM
I really loved this game. There is something so enjoyable about watching those little guys run about clearing roads and building bridges! I love Time Management games! What a great way to de-stress before going to bed!

This game takes you to different environments as well, and that's really soothing graphics wise.

I'd give this game a 5 out of 5!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 23, 11 1:50 PM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

My Kingdom for the Princess 3??

[Post New]by gillianchansam on Aug 17, 11 12:57 AM
Pleeeez, can we know more or less when MKFTP3 will be coming out? Im dying over here! I heard a rumor on Pioneer Land's forum that it will be out later this mnth, but I cant stand the suspense! Anybody heard anything else?

orabashary
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by orabashary on Oct 12, 11 2:38 PM
i anjoyed this game a lot but i am stock on level 3.10 ,looking for the i find only " To

be continued" please help.

chelogirl
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by chelogirl on Dec 25, 11 8:46 AM
i want to try this one.i love HOG but i want to try TM...hmmm i will try the demo

Go to: