blush1
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone comments and reviews

[Post New]by blush1 on Aug 4, 09 12:15 PM
I can get the code to open the Bible lock in Drucilla's room, but when I try to press the up and down red hearts or arrows or whatever they are, all they do is blink and NOT change the numbers. Help.

[Post New]by pupsi_4 on Aug 7, 09 10:47 AM
nice game,until one point.....i am stuck on case 7 i think,on Doc Candy..... i did not find the magnifying glass in the billiard room,so i can not read the medical book..... and i can not go forward........please tell me what can i do now....

[Post New]by Charsiupao on Aug 8, 09 7:52 AM
blush, you need top place the bible code thing in that space where it's supposed to go into before you can "use" it.

I finished this, and the graphics were wonderful. Wonderful enough to make me think of renovating at least one room in my house to follow the kind of theme you get in the game!! =)

The music was beautiful - are they based on real classical tracks, or composed for this game? They're rather short when I play them in WinAmp, and if I know what pieces they are I can go and buy the CD or something. The Drusilla music is particularly haunting, and great.

The only thing I didn't like like about this game was the voice acting. It sounded like some non-English people trying to sound English. The accents were forced, unnatural, and spoiled what was a great atmospheric game. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this immensely, and have no regrets buying it at all!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 8, 09 6:22 PM
I haven't bought the game yet, but I'm pretty sure that while I was playing the game I checked out the credits and the music was Tchaikovsky.

duchess436
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by duchess436 on Aug 9, 09 10:16 AM
moirajose wrote:I have played for the hour but the game kept closing and I had to restart it twice. Is this a glitch that will be fixed?? I will not consider buying it until this problem is fixed. Apart from that I really liked the game.

i purchased the game and also found the game kept closing also to skip dialog the cursor would freeze and i had to escape then start up again i got to the end of the investigation but i cant go any further until i figure it out im unhappywith the game this is the only game that does this to me if i may make a suggestion try the new game tarot card mystery it was a
great game

[Post New]by phunnybunnie on Aug 10, 09 1:26 PM
i can not find the rose petal even with the forum help. besides that, i am not able to enter a player name. i have re-loaded game to no avail.
please big fish do something.
phunniebunnie

[Post New]by mermansk on Aug 10, 09 7:01 PM
this game is a terrible waste of money. I don't know if it's my computer or what, but I've been dusting the laudenum bottle for prints for hours, and it still is stuck. Way to slow reaction time.

[Post New]by ranger867 on Aug 10, 09 7:30 PM
I enjoyed the game.... HOWEVER..... now that I have "solved" the mystery... is that it? So if I play this game 10 times, will it always have the same outcome? Can that be right? I love the "hidden objects" games from Big Fish! I'm just wondering what's the point, if it's going to be the same game, the same outcome, forever?

[Post New]by Charsiupao on Aug 10, 09 11:10 PM
mermansk,

you need to dust certain parts of the table as well.. there are prints on the table edge which for some reason you need to find.

I agree the minigames need more instruction. When I found the hidden words in Drusilla's tract, it took me a while to realise I needed to left click each word as I found them to complete a sentence, even though I had read it many many times using that magnifying glass.

[Post New]by mytigereyes on Aug 14, 09 5:10 PM
Does anyone know when the glitches will be fixed??

arasdal54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by arasdal54 on Aug 14, 09 5:37 PM
I enjoyed the great graphics, wonderful music but I agree with a lot of you fishies. Some objects are very small. Had a had time finding all the birds. Am looking for another HOG game to play. I have played just about all of them. Guess I'm totally addicted.

[Post New]by cshellc on Aug 15, 09 7:07 AM
A waste of money, Freezes up to much, finally got to the end and it has froze up a again will not revail who the murderder is, a friend of mine gave me my first game (Madama Fate) loved this game no promblems so I thought I would try this website and buy another, My mistake. Is all games are like this ?

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Aug 15, 09 10:10 AM
bribling wrote:I was a bit slow to catch on to how some things work. For example, I found the Bible and i found the combination to open the Bible. I opened the Tools and there sat the combination, very visible. I could not get the numbers in the Bible to change. The buttons turned red when I pressed them but the numbers refused to move. I held the code over the numbers, no luck. Suddenly I saw the little spot where I needed to put the code. As soon as i put it there I was able to move the numbers and open the Bible. I also, for some reason, had trouble putting the letter together. As I recall, when I got this game a while back I stopped at this spot. I thought I had some tweezers to pick up the pieces of paper with but they were not in the Tool inventory. They also were not on any of the lists of things to find. I finally found a cotton swap which was what was needed. Either my memory is worse than I thought or there is more than one solution to the use of Tools.

I did the same thing. I kept trying to change the numbers without moving the paper into the right spot. The problem with the jigsaw puzzle was that in moving the pieces around, I accidentally clicked on the back button and had to start all over again. I got through the first suspect with 1 minute left and I'm trying to decide whether to buy this or not.

Edited on 08/15/2009 at 10:13:27 AM PST

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Aug 16, 09 9:36 PM
This one sounds worth a try for me. Downloading demo now.

[Post New]by vicky1234 on Aug 17, 09 9:20 AM
can any one help please all my list of things to find are all blank bars many thanks

[Post New]by dolores_627 on Aug 17, 09 4:14 PM
I BOUGHT THE GUIDE FIRTH THINKING IT WAS THE GAME--I EVEN STARTED TO WRITE IT ALL DOWN ON PAPER, THEN WITH ME SISTER' HELP FOUND OUT IT WAS THE GUIDE. SO WE FOUND THE GAME THAT I THOUGHT I HAD-- I TRIED TO PLAYED IT --THINGS WERE TO SMALL--HINT WAS TO BIG. SORRY I DID NOT LIKE IT. I'M GOING TO GET MY MONEY BACK ON THE GUIDE.

kwise
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by kwise on Aug 22, 09 3:31 PM
Accidently clicked change players and lost my idenity. Anyone know how to get back to my original idenity?

Karen

[Post New]by K_Mac8 on Aug 22, 09 10:17 PM
pupsi_4 wrote:nice game,until one point.....i am stuck on case 7 i think,on Doc Candy..... i did not find the magnifying glass in the billiard room,so i can not read the medical book..... and i can not go forward........please tell me what can i do now....

Same here got to Candy and here I sit again! Have anyone heard about a fix yet?

[Post New]by mollys on Aug 23, 09 3:40 PM
HELP please - I bought the game without reviewing it and although I like it so far - I am completely stuck after I open the Bible in Discilla's room - I cannot find the Rose Petal. Can anyone help me please!!!

elcbee1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by elcbee1 on Aug 25, 09 11:28 PM
REALLY glad I bought this game. I have a hard time finding HOG that are challenging and that don't require solving all kinds of puzzle/riddles to advance. I recommend HIGHLY. Enough objects are not obvious so one is challenged. No time limits and no penalties for wrong guesses. PLEASE find/create more games like this one! [b]

Go to: