sammiekatz
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Pure Hidden comments and reviews

[Post New]by sammiekatz on Aug 12, 09 11:08 PM
To Chinadoll:::

from the beginning of the game it gives step by step directions on how to play, saying try this now, do this now and do that now, so don't skip that part cause you will be lost like I was. It explains the hint button, etc.as you go along. Really nice game!!!

patmosby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by patmosby on Aug 13, 09 7:07 PM
I must say that Pure Hidden is the most creative hidden object game that I have played. The sceens are so different, the minis are simple and easy but also FUN. Although there is no story to follow, I find myself going back each evening for about 1/2 hr and working on a couple of boxes.

This might not be for everyone, but for those of us who appreciate something different, this has been a pleasure.

Edited on 08/13/2009 at 7:08:09 PM PST

b4nu
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by b4nu on Aug 16, 09 7:07 PM
The objects show up very poorly on my screen. It's not for me.

[Post New]by nublag on Aug 17, 09 9:20 AM
I'm clearly a pure hidden fan!! If you don't like that one I'm afraid you're not aware and that you fear what's new, because it has so many qualities in gameplay! So many different surrondings and graphic styles! You can't but love it

[Post New]by alwaysfun_hey on Aug 18, 09 1:55 AM
I love the zen side of pure hidden: many hidden objects tell that you can take your time. In most of the games, time limits and storylines you must not lose tell you to rush or to concentrate, it make me want to stop playing. Here i really have the time to play (and the will)

I think PH is a good way to play **** diferently.

[Post New]by Alykhanthy on Aug 18, 09 2:56 AM
The game's atmosphere astonished me! I loved the different sounds throughout the levels (street sounds, hummings...) and also the great number of games! I recommend it to anyone who like artistic design and relaxing games!!

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Aug 19, 09 12:41 AM
I ADORE this game! I couldn't wait for a game credit to buy it. I've been playing off and on for days with still at least a dozen boxes left.
I love the graphics. Yes, they're simplistic, but at least they're beautiful. I'm tired of graphics that are poorly-drawn or copy-paste of the same 50 objects over and over in every room. Or animations with lip motions, facial expressions and gestures that don't even try to match the dialogue (which usually makes little sense anyway).
I love the difficulty of finding things. I never did figure out the hint thing, but I've just gone back over and over to the boxes I didn't finish and have managed to leave only 3 boxes undone out of about 50.
I also love the mindless levels that are just there for fun. They are a beautiful, welcome break from squinting into the **** screens. Who doesn't occasionally need to just pop pretty bubbles whilst listening to nice music? The bathroom scenes are part of what I like about the game....it's not about the end of the game or conquering some twisted logic puzzle, it's about the journey. Like life, everything doesn't have to serve a serious purpose of furthering a single-minded goal. It doesn't even have to challenge you. Sometimes beauty and a smile and some silliness are welcome respites in the midst of it all.
What's in the next box? How beautiful will the next room be? Will it be **** or a pipe puzzle or a jigsaw or just some relaxing fun?
The whole thing feels like a lovely dream experience. And if you have limited time, you can play just one box at a time. If you can quit after just one. Potato chips, popcorn and peanuts come to mind....

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Aug 19, 09 1:58 PM
I was on the fence about this game for about a week. I decided to go ahead and purchase it because I was starving for a good game to play. I'm glad I did. It's totally different from most games out there. I can see how you are either going to love it or hate it, but I love it. It is not too short, matter of fact it's pretty long, and it's very artistic. I really like the creativity in this game. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Aug 19, 09 2:02 PM
Lil-chickadee, for the hints, all you have to do is click on the pink star in the bottom left hand corner then click on the word of any object you are trying to find. It will show you where the object is with a pink circle around it. It only takes about 30 seconds or so for the hint to recharge. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by guliramsamsam on Aug 20, 09 6:51 AM
If there was a reason for which i purchase after trying the demo version, it'd certainly be the awsome graphics: i made my wallpaper out of it!!

[Post New]by maggieck on Aug 25, 09 9:41 AM
chinadoll6 wrote:Guess what you guys...I draw a blank looking at this screen...I have NO idea how to play this. My acute sense of logic has totally shut DOWN. I think I hate this game. Being an avid fan of BFG I will give it a chance if someone would be kind enough to tell me HOW THIS GAME IS PLAYED. I DO hate to give up easily!

Thank you! I hate this game (and very rarely if ever do I hate a game)!!! There are virtually no instructions. For that first level/screen I didn't even have a 'find' list I was just clicking randomly. The 'instructions' such as they are pop up & away so quickly you don't have time to process them & there's no way to get them back... I played for 1/2 an hour & then I deleted the game.

Not worth my frustration & I love hidden object games the tougher the better. I've read comments from others that they are drawn in by the artwork. But I find it dated, and unappealing.

badmommy64
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by badmommy64 on Aug 28, 09 6:30 PM
I liked the hippie feel..lol and I liked how diff it was. Made thru to the blk/wht scene and that was tough I only the did the free trial but I might consider it. And kdos on the unique play. I agree that it can get boring searching thru kitchens/parlors all the time. I thought it was very cool.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 30, 09 1:09 PM
I'm loving it. I'm playing it in Zen mode. It's not too difficult but I'm enjoying its uniqueness.

[Post New]by martin2218 on Sep 3, 09 6:09 PM
I don't know if I am playing this correctly, but I sign in and get the opening screen, but nothing to find.

kissthis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kissthis on Sep 5, 09 11:08 AM
While this game is unique and artsy I am not really that crazy about it. I really do like HOGs that have a nice story line to them, maybe because I love to read and you can't do that and play the games at the same time. Some of the graphics are very nice and some needed some more work. I don't think I will be buying this one.

[Post New]by Actressmel on Sep 8, 09 5:25 PM
It was a pretty good game. The artwork was pretty good. I liked that it was different than the average seek and find game. Good for kiling time.

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Sep 9, 09 11:45 PM
I like this game. I like how different it is. I like how friendly it is. It's totally original.

[Post New]by JMS319 on Sep 13, 09 8:19 AM
Not the hidden object game for me. No tutorial, I couldn't figure out how to use the hints, the pictures were not my favorite type. Some scenes were so dark that I had to click hoping there was something there.

Some of it was good, but I deleted the game.

Edited on 09/13/2009 at 8:21:45 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 13, 09 8:22 AM
You could have come and looked in this forum about the hints.

If you should try this again, you click on the pink star, then click on the word in the status bar. You will then get a pink circle on the screen with the object in question in the centre.

[Post New]by patmltc on Sep 19, 09 6:53 PM
I am enjoyng the game, but I'm stuck on the Wind God labyrinth level: I look at the hints but it looks as if the path goes through mountans sometimes and around at others. I would like to skip this level and move on, but don't see that as an option.

Go to: